JUMPED OR PUSHED?

I've had enough of not fitting in on this forum because I am not an empath. 

I had a long break from this forum and it hasn't changed. 

This is a large empath culture where some have low tolerance of non-empaths. 

No point in posting. No point in being here.

Requesting deletion of my account.

• Yeah, it snapped me out of my terrible mood, put me into a fun mood and my day got better and better, resulting in me finally letting go of my attachment to always try to please my son and sister ~ if they don’t like me or accept me as I am then I’m fine with that Blush

• Me again. At BlueRay. You are correct in stating that this Thread has digressed very much. Stress relief is very important... however...

...Still the OP has not responded.

This is at ANYONE reading, now. As Misfit, Robert, and Graham first said... start one's own Threads, to gain a general perspective. Then one is sort of a Director, and can learn much about other persons. What I myself said I still try to.say, which was to not Post so much when at extremes of any emotion... but, also as Misfit said, if posting here is what is wanted, then try to do so in a public yet self-suiting manner, a manner which conveys one's own personality, to gain the most important answers from said public

If still Posting, and if the answers are irrelavent, try re-wording the question. That is LIFE -- it is not always fair but it exists, and so long as any of us exist here upon this Forum, then we acknowledge each others' existence in our own ways. Everyone is in different moods and situations  for each the time, and some connect with each other and some do not... at times.

That anyone posts in this Forum means that they are inviting Public opinion, and after that, it can only be made of anything whatever the Poster wants to make of it. What one person writes is not totally representing ALL who are write here.

(I think I have written enough, here, for this Post now.)

• Glad it's helped.

• This thread is totally absurd, going off at tangents.  But good fun Grinning
  • I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about. I cannot, for the life of me, understand or work out what anybody is saying, especially when it goes into sponge jam coconut biscuits that I have never heard of, but it has certainly helped to bring me out of my spiralling (down) mood Thumbsup tone3

I came on here because I was getting nowhere fast, churning this stuff around in my own head (family stuff!) but I wasn’t expecting to be cheered up so fast! This is the first post I came to and I do not understand it but somehow or another it has snapped me out of my evil depressive suicidal hateful thinking! Thanks guys, you saved the day for me once more. 

• Agree with your post.  Adding Jeremy Kyle.

• Let's go down the beach and leave our garbage.  While we're there, let's encourage our spawn to throw stones at seagulls because they're a nuisance.  Let's turn everything we touch to ***, just as long as we've got what we want. 

Greetings. I voted this Post up mainly out of seeing someone else in my reality, refer to "children" as "spawn"... Thanks for this. (!) Also, throwing stones at things, were I standing beside the Seagulls, the stones would be thrown at ME, as I know. (Again, Hence my Username.)

I also notice that the OP has not responded again, yet...

For myself, I shall say a thing or two. When I first joined, I made up my mind NEVER to Post when Angry, or S*icid*l, or when experiencing some sort of severe Emotional Crisis. Make of that you will, anyone... And I also notice that this whole Forum at times seems to go through "Mood Swings" (!), and when in a depressive/dark mood, I often avoid it. It is just like Society in general. If it and myself cannot "help" me, then I avoid it. I have things and thoughts within myself which others do not care to understand, yet they are PROVED by my reality which validates them even as no-one else cares.

I know myself better than anyone else, and That applies to everyone. My advice is to find something unique about yourself, which is completely very real and valid, and then you may "Lord it over" everyone else, no matter what they do or say. Just do not give into the (usually shallow) emotions of (usually shallow) passers-by in one's life. One may depend upon (usually shallow) persons for food and necessities, but one does not have to BE that (usually shallow) person.

...Um... sorry if that was a bit of a 'rant', there... Good fortune to all...

• I don’t understand your reply to what I said. Surely you have just agreed with me that one size does not fit all? There are anomalies in all walks of life and definitely on a forum such as this. Which is why there is room for all of us. My reply wasn’t about status or equality. I come here as a place of refuge, sharing and occasionally to help others. But often I find antagonism and discord and I do not have the energy or mental or emotional reserves to deal with that anymore it just makes me retreat and hide these days leave that to those younger or with more energy of mind and spirit. It s disappointing to find that even on here individuals including myself end up with thoughts that they don’t fit in or are not accepted on this forum either. 

• AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY HFA/ASPERGERS 54, LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH - SUICIDE.

I'm already five years over the average.  I spent the entire day at work today listening to and dealing with idiots.  I mean the other staff.  Grown men prattling on like children about their favourite superhero characters when they were supposed to be focusing on the service users.  Millenials stuck on their phones, likewise.  People discussing trivial nonsense like 'Love Island', tattoos, dating - treating the place like a social club.  I saw one service user who'd been ignored for so long he'd gone to sleep on the garden swing chair.  People blatantly disregarding food safety and infection control regulations, not washing hands, leaving food out of the fridge in this heat.  Mostly, too, they were ignoring me.  I don't fit in with them.  And all I could think, the whole time, was 'Is this it, for the remaining few of my working years?'  Nobody seems to care about anything any more.  Recycling's too much hassle.  Let's go to KFC for some crap food.  Let's go down the beach and leave our garbage.  While we're there, let's encourage our spawn to throw stones at seagulls because they're a nuisance.  Let's turn everything we touch to ***, just as long as we've got what we want. 

I thought about my life... and I wondered what the purpose of it was.  What do I get out of it?  What do I enjoy?  Wouldn't I just be better off not here?

My thoughts are turning more and more that way with each passing day.

• This is a large empath culture where some have low tolerance of non-empaths. 

Actually, I realise I glossed over the obvious question: what's an 'empath'?

From the context, it sounds like it includes most NTs and some autistic people. is it:

• something to do with the EQ, like a very low score?
    • someone who has, or thinks the have, a problem reading nonverbal cues, including in forum posts?
    • a particular clique, from which some people feel excluded?
    • a particular use of communication, such that 'non-empaths' get misunderstood?
    • 'a person who is aware that they read emotions, nuance, subtext, undercurrent, social space, relational behaviors, and gestural language to a greater degree than is deemed normal'
    • a Star Trek alien?

I suppose there may be a problem with 'hyper-normalisation', if the most typical and 'acceptable' subgroup is chosen to represent a minority. I haven't really noticed that happening myself.  So if someone thinks we're not being sufficiently inclusive or not expressing radical differences, I think it's important to describe examples.

• It is not meant as mockery. Believe me.

I am sick of being seen as a lesser individual and with those around me choosing to ignore who I am and that I struggle on a daily basis....and that seems to be ok for things to be that way.

It those that supposedly "care"  about me - i.e family, partner etc, don't listen nor afford time to try and understand, then how am I ever to be understood and recognised by people in a wider society?

Everyone seems blinkered to it, and like you say, tokenism is abundant?

Sorry for causing offence, it was not mean or intended.

• Nah it isn't jesting, more mocking really. Wouldn't expect any less. 

• Fascinating reading.  Will print it out.

I assure you and others here that my intentions are innocent in slightly changing the topic.

• Indeed. But still no voice or clout.

So, Perdu, what would you do? Protest, rebellion - (i.e a massive synchronised meltdown), revolution - (although maybe a quiet one as I don't like crowds and my heightened sensory processing may find it distressing)

I am not jesting.... I don't just want a label (hey, I haven't even had a diagnosis), but a voice and some understanding would be nice (as a starting point).

• Our hearts are not cold, we are scared of a world that routinely rejects us for being us, and in turn we unfortunately reject that world. A place that claims to represent and care for us should not be the antithesis of the spirit of who we are, it should not force us to conform to the NT world, ESPECIALLY in a post expressing outrage at the way WE are treated.

Do you think that this forum is an NT playground or creche for us to be "held" in? Keep us all here playing nicely? We don't want you doing anything after all out there in the "real" world. Look, we made you a place where you can be you with "beings" of similar cast - would you like to do some colouring in? Maybe a puzzle?

Yes, the rejection and hurt causes fear and this can lead to reject or self-exile due to the need for self-preservation.

Also, there are some very intelligent and articulate people on the forum and maybe they are also scared.

• Interesting use of forum slide going on here.

Don't know what that is? give this a read, you'll soon learn to spot em.

cryptome.org/.../gent-forum-spies.htm

• I very nearly posted something in response to this thread.

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/13005/increasing-autism-awareness-and-understanding-projects

But it would have required me to share things about myself that i wouldn't be comfortable posting here, and by here i mean the NAS forum. This isn't a forum for us really, it's the front end of a revenue generating machine; the ones being harvested are parents, carers and the 'professionals', we are the emotional tool employed to create leverage to further THEIR aims and objectives, not ours.

They don't like aspies, we see straight through the bs, i know i won't last the days end here, im too controversial - again NAS can't deal with smart PDA ODD, why? Because they know we are right, it stings and you know how NTs handle that.

Can you not feel the ghosts of members past here? This place *should* be bustling, it *should* be a hive of creative activity, it *should* be full of people sharing their journeys and stories of success, but it's not. Why? Because thats not the purpose of this thing.

We have to lift eachother out of this mess and that can only be done through true community, freedom of expression, freedom of thought and (ok some of you are gna grab the sick bucket here but its true), love.

Our hearts are not cold, we are scared of a world that routinely rejects us for being us, and in turn we unfortunately reject that world. A place that claims to represent and care for us should not be the antithesis of the spirit of who we are, it should not force us to conform to the NT world, ESPECIALLY in a post expressing outrage at the way WE are treated.

IN CASE YOU STILL DONT GET IT. AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY HFA/ASPERGERS 54, LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH - SUICIDE.

NAS are in effect 'Controlled Opposition', their very existence demands this; Charities cannot be political, they cannot directly challenge governments. 

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

-Upton Sinclair.

• It helps if you are indeed reviewing the right end of your body. An anal review will not make you see any better, but an ocular inspection would be preferable.

• Glasses will help that, i used to do it a lot until i got my eyes done

• I suffer from a form of reading Tourette's.

A document titled 'Annual review' was misread by me as an 'Anal review'.  Rofl