JUMPED OR PUSHED?

I've had enough of not fitting in on this forum because I am not an empath. 

I had a long break from this forum and it hasn't changed. 

This is a large empath culture where some have low tolerance of non-empaths. 

No point in posting. No point in being here.

Requesting deletion of my account.

Parents
  • This is a large empath culture where some have low tolerance of non-empaths. 

Actually, I realise I glossed over the obvious question: what's an 'empath'?

From the context, it sounds like it includes most NTs and some autistic people. is it:

• something to do with the EQ, like a very low score?
    • someone who has, or thinks the have, a problem reading nonverbal cues, including in forum posts?
    • a particular clique, from which some people feel excluded?
    • a particular use of communication, such that 'non-empaths' get misunderstood?
    • 'a person who is aware that they read emotions, nuance, subtext, undercurrent, social space, relational behaviors, and gestural language to a greater degree than is deemed normal'
    • a Star Trek alien?

I suppose there may be a problem with 'hyper-normalisation', if the most typical and 'acceptable' subgroup is chosen to represent a minority. I haven't really noticed that happening myself.  So if someone thinks we're not being sufficiently inclusive or not expressing radical differences, I think it's important to describe examples.

• This is a large empath culture where some have low tolerance of non-empaths. 

Actually, I realise I glossed over the obvious question: what's an 'empath'?

From the context, it sounds like it includes most NTs and some autistic people. is it:

• something to do with the EQ, like a very low score?
    • someone who has, or thinks the have, a problem reading nonverbal cues, including in forum posts?
    • a particular clique, from which some people feel excluded?
    • a particular use of communication, such that 'non-empaths' get misunderstood?
    • 'a person who is aware that they read emotions, nuance, subtext, undercurrent, social space, relational behaviors, and gestural language to a greater degree than is deemed normal'
    • a Star Trek alien?

I suppose there may be a problem with 'hyper-normalisation', if the most typical and 'acceptable' subgroup is chosen to represent a minority. I haven't really noticed that happening myself.  So if someone thinks we're not being sufficiently inclusive or not expressing radical differences, I think it's important to describe examples.

Children
No Data