This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD OIL

Has anyone tried CBD OIL to help with calming Autistic children?

• Ah OK. But Sapphire is prescription only? So I'd go with those other two if buying online. 

• Yes.  In some of the groups I'm in many have found the Holland & Barrett ones too weak too.  I've got to say that the Sapphire oil helps me more but previously I wasn't taking it every day and the advice from my consultant and pharmacist is that it works much better if you take it regularly and give it time in your system, so it could be that following this advice was what made the difference.  The consistency and taste of the Sapphire (Adven) oil (dark, heavy and a bit licoricy) most ressembles the CBD Brothers oils I would say, if that's anything to go by.      

• Many thanks, Jenny. I was looking at some Amazon reviews earlier and some brands seem to get treated with suspiscion - i see a lot of 'coloured water' implications. So recommended brands are helpful. My biggest issue is with anxiety, and some inevitable pain and muscular tension goes with that. So anything to ameliorate either or both even a little is worth a go. 

• Same with all medication 

• Yes, in the past that's exactly what I've done.  I think you need to be careful about the quality and actual CBD content though.  I tended to go with Love Hemp or CBD Brothers.  Now, of course, I have it on prescription from Sapphire.  

• Question from a bit of an innocent abroad with this stuff: can CBD stuff just be ordered online and sent to any UK address directly with no prescription or anything? I'm curious enough to want to see if it can help me a bit.

• I haven't done it that way, but I think it won't hurt the baby, and maybe even be good for him.

• use natural CBD products over the synthetic CBD stuff please source this correctly not from large chain stores that create a plant in the lab instead of planting the actual plant that helps everyone this synthetic CBD within large stores is not a natural healer unlike the actual cannabis plant which you receive CBD and THC and multiple other cannabinoids from  each with a different medical benefit to the other and each person reacts differently we all have a endocannabinoid system however some are affected in different ways.

• it is not a new medicine it was used as medicine back many years ago they made it illegal as it was curing people and they couldn't profit off it 

• I've tried it several times. It has calming effects, though I try to use it not more than 3 times per month.

BTW why is so much spam on this page?

• Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

[Removed by Moderator]

• After all, hemp oil is quite a strong drug. I would not risk giving my child such a product. I take [removed by mod] to relieve anxiety as a sedative occasionally. I don't know if addiction can develop. I don't know if it can become addictive. According to its effect, maybe if a doctor prescribes it as a stress reliever, I could give it to a child. The fact that the child cannot respond adequately to the received effect, of course, restrains the use of such a drug in children's therapy. And the hemp oil calmed me down beyond the expected effect. I slept through the afternoon.

• I've never drunk drops of CBD oil. However, I always rubbed it into my joints. I also rub it on the temple area when I have a headache. If your child has headaches, you can explain that this oil can relieve the pain. I order the oil in different volume bottles at [removed by mod please do not post sales links]. I like its effect, not only soothing but also cooling. I always feel like the spot where I rubbed the oil on the joint cools slightly. Have you felt anything similar? Perhaps I'm reacting to this substance in some unique way, but I like CBD.

• Tried it made me too tiered to the point where I had no energy the next day also gave me the sh@ts too so passed on it. 

• I’ve had the before but it’s finding the right strength, I remember one giving me more anxiety. I’ve used Hemp water as well  from Holland and Barrett.

• CBD itself does not seem to have particularly harmful adverse effects, diarrhoea being the most common

Depends on where you are standing / lying down.

• Yes, I can strongly relate to the "lame and halting" presentation.  I also seemed to get breathless and swimmy-headed, as though I was struggling to stay on my feet.  Even now I sometimes get breathless when making phone calls, although I can't tell in advance when this is going to sweep over me.  

CBD would have helped though, particularly the stronger prescription strength oils.  I don't know where it's been all my life.  It's suddenly in vogue but I really, really needed it in the 1970s.  

• I’ve had the before but it’s finding the right strength, I remember one giving me more anxiety. I’ve used Hemp water as well  from Holland and Barrett.

• I have heard that CBD helps a lot with anxiety and especially aggressive Autistic people. Though I never tried it myself. 

• I take CBD oil, occasionally, to help me sleep. But, more often than not, I sleep until after Noon with them.