This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD OIL

Has anyone tried CBD OIL to help with calming Autistic children?

Parents
  • CBD itself does not seem to have particularly harmful adverse effects, diarrhoea being the most common, but large-scale clinical trials are few in number and the exact constituents of CBD products vary between producer companies.  See here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7053164/

The typical low dosage of CBD gummies - 10-30 mg a day - are unlikely to cause problems. Particularly, as one test subject was given 160 mg in one dose, before a stressful public speaking event.

• I'd have loved to have it to help with presentations in some of the jobs I was in.  Even now, after escaping from such roles, I find it helpful when I'm getting too keyed up.  

Mind you, I'd probably not give it to a young child without medical advice and, as an adult, I take tolerance breaks so's I don't have to keep upping the dose.  

• One of my most painful moments was suddenly being asked to make an impromptu spoken presentation at a conference. There were about 250 people, all experts, or post-grad students, in my field, in the auditorium - it was at the Natural History Museum. Worse, my work was very visual, all microscopical images. Lame and halting would be a kind description of my performance.

No, a young child is not a good candidate for CBD, for one, they cannot give accurate descriptions of how it is affecting their mood.

• One of my most painful moments was suddenly being asked to make an impromptu spoken presentation at a conference. There were about 250 people, all experts, or post-grad students, in my field, in the auditorium - it was at the Natural History Museum. Worse, my work was very visual, all microscopical images. Lame and halting would be a kind description of my performance.

No, a young child is not a good candidate for CBD, for one, they cannot give accurate descriptions of how it is affecting their mood.

Children
  • Yes, I can strongly relate to the "lame and halting" presentation.  I also seemed to get breathless and swimmy-headed, as though I was struggling to stay on my feet.  Even now I sometimes get breathless when making phone calls, although I can't tell in advance when this is going to sweep over me.  

CBD would have helped though, particularly the stronger prescription strength oils.  I don't know where it's been all my life.  It's suddenly in vogue but I really, really needed it in the 1970s.