This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD OIL

Has anyone tried CBD OIL to help with calming Autistic children?

Parents Reply
  • Yes, in the past that's exactly what I've done.  I think you need to be careful about the quality and actual CBD content though.  I tended to go with Love Hemp or CBD Brothers.  Now, of course, I have it on prescription from Sapphire.  

Children
  • Yes, they're prescription only, although both autism and anxiety are qualifying conditions.  Just mentioning them for point of comparison. 

If I were going back to online shops, I'd choose CBD Brothers.  But the flavour is quite strong and some might just put a couple of drops on a chunk of Turkish delight or into a muffin, for example.   

• Ah OK. But Sapphire is prescription only? So I'd go with those other two if buying online. 

• Yes.  In some of the groups I'm in many have found the Holland & Barrett ones too weak too.  I've got to say that the Sapphire oil helps me more but previously I wasn't taking it every day and the advice from my consultant and pharmacist is that it works much better if you take it regularly and give it time in your system, so it could be that following this advice was what made the difference.  The consistency and taste of the Sapphire (Adven) oil (dark, heavy and a bit licoricy) most ressembles the CBD Brothers oils I would say, if that's anything to go by.      

• Many thanks, Jenny. I was looking at some Amazon reviews earlier and some brands seem to get treated with suspiscion - i see a lot of 'coloured water' implications. So recommended brands are helpful. My biggest issue is with anxiety, and some inevitable pain and muscular tension goes with that. So anything to ameliorate either or both even a little is worth a go.