So how long does this "acceptance" sh*t take then?

Hmmm.......so 4 months into my 'diagnosed' state (48yo), and I'm not feeling a whole heap of acceptance. I am still feeling quite bitter and resentful. Everything I see around me in life and at work seems to have been, and continues to be, designed with a slightly different species in mind.

I have started reading this forum more often, even though I'm scared of keep seeing my reflection in these threads, and am following some overtly divergent contributors on Facebook. I was skeptical that at my age, with my history, that I could somehow find 'inner peace' (I mean, really - what the hell is that even supposed to mean?), but at the moment I'm heading in the opposite direction. Those long-cherished hopes of finding the right therapy, the right antidepressant to 'sort me out' seem absurd. 

I recall seeing a quite old entry on here where a user refers to feeling much better about the state of things 4 years in. FOUR YEARS? (yes, I am shouting). I don't think I can maintain even the current crumbling facade for another 3+ years. Especially now I recognize the effort I am putting in, and the energy this costs me.

• Adult human female, with the same gender assigned to her at birth by God 

• I was the person who wrote that post of what I have observed happening in the previous 4 years since Covid and all the changes that I have observed since then, as I do not regard any of these changes as being good for any of us in summer 2024 - Covid in 2020 has changed our world in so many ways and not for the better, having been a teenager in the 1980’s but with a much more realistic and truthful take on life, even if this is considered “negative” 

• Hee hee - "trash fire"......unfortunately apt description, but I like it. As a description.

• Whilst unreservedly accepting the clinical/medical objective reality of the 'female' menopause (and lack of any comparable medical evidence for a male equivalent of ANY description).....it will remain my opinion that blokes of this age experience an emotional "break" akin to that thing!

• An abrupt linear regression of our Number appears to have occured!!

what iS THAT YOU R MAJOR MALFUNCTION ?  i THINK I HEARD THAT INA MO..FULL METAL jacket, I THINK. oops capslock

• Absobloodylutely!  This is the essence of a competent worker, AND a competent manager AND a competent leader...... IMHO!

• An abrupt linear regression of our Number appears to have occured!!

• I and a friend have a thing going where we exchange "servitude" on an hourly basis. 

I learned from the depiction of the Amish comunity in the film "Witness", and also from real life, that sometimes one gves the instructions, sometimes one takes them, and it's best to try and grow both skillsets. 

• Define "woman" please

A mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma...an enigma that can cause headaches...

• I'm all male, baby!!

(Said about three octaves lower than my normal speaking voice, and relying heavily on my own imagination of what qualifies one to be all male..)

• I was an actual hot mess a few minutes ago, thanks to my age and my body deciding an appropriate response is to randomly feel like I’ve just opened the oven door and taken a peep too soon!

• Baiting, is never an honourable way?!  [Disambiguation - I'm not trying to intimate that you are dishonourable Iain, but I am merely extending the humorous metaphor into equally 'dishonourable' reverse psychology baiting......but as we all know....nothing good can come from this.....the minute you need to try and explain, you know the cause is lost.....when you find it as difficult as me to explain myself to anyone.]  Communicating in this format is fraught with impossibilities for true clarity, aka "safe human."]

Holy carp - I think I just labelled an ancient communication "programming language".......I think I will name it "safe human."  More catchy than "Facechat" or "InstaX"?  Any takers.....of the baiters? ... Jesus....I do hope not...feel like I've made a knot.....or perhaps a noose?!.....Oh Sheet....now I've used those words, I probably should have a TW to the start of this writing...........A    RR      GGGGGG HH HH H  HH HHH!!!!!

• Unless it's one of those Japanese robot women....

• Companion of Man fashioned by God from a spare rib whilst Adam slept, and who immediately adopted mindless consumerism and thus triggered the fall from grace of the entire human race. 

OR.

Human being who lacks a Y chromosome, but is compensated in the vast majority of cases by ownership of the sole means of reproducing and nurturing other human beings, a process which also, at least initially in all cases, requires the assistance of a man, and in teh majority of sucessful cases of human reproduction, a mans assistance & participation is required on an ongoing basis.  

• And I have more testoserone than money can buy, yet have a >90% "late diagnosed female autistic profile"!

Go figure..... b ee atch! [Disambiguation - this last comment is best imagined in your minds eye with a biggish-bloke drawing an "air-swoosh" 'z=shape' in front of my torso......yep, I'm down with the kids and in touch with my IIM self too !!

Yep - I'm a hot a mess - too......on paper.....and possibly also IRL......I never really know....!!

• Who, me? I’m female, though I know I have more testosterone than an average female. 

• Squirrel who runs up woman leg , will not find no nuts."

Define "woman" please.

• Sorry just deleting my comment 

• jamesB
    Stpo torturing yourself.
    There is no magical fix or a magical wand.
    There is NO quick fix.
    Your relief will be a " state of mind" not an instruction.
    STOP thinking the worst, and try to see the wood through the trees.
    It is there waiting for you. GO for it  !

• "Gwasshopper; Squirrel who runs up woman leg , will not find no nuts."