Feel the music?

Just wondering:

A.) How do people feel about music? Good, bad? Too distracting, the best distraction?

B.) Music tastes: What's yours like? (Genres, not just good or bad... lol) Big Beat-y base, or gentle melodies?

C.) Do you find you can alter your own outlook purely by changing the tunes? (It may seem ironic: but if I need cheering up fast, I'll often listen to and singalong to: Monty Python's - Always look on the bright side of life...)

• I mean I know on one verse it says "always look on the bright side of death" I just find it wonderfully slapstick!

• Just wanted to say thank you to all who have commented so far, really enjoying seeing people's tastes and confirmation it's not just me. :-)

• A) i love music. i spend most of my time listening to music haha. i prefer music as a solo thing and it helps me relax. to be honest, i connect with music more than anything else. i'm actually listening to music right now lol. i find it can be v distracting which can be problematic esp as it can just simply be a source of procrastination. however, when i'm struggling to study, it can help to know i can listen to music whilst doing it. 

B) i listen to a wide variety of genres that idk i simply couldn't list one. 

i like dance pop, as well as rock music, general loud music that mimics my mood. i listen to a wide variety of moods. 

i love westlife and i prevail

C) and yes i do and i have particular songs that i listen to to get me out of dark moments. 

yes yes i love music

• Music is essential for me, particularly in the car (where I spend a lot of time), when working, or doing hobbies or DIY / chores. 

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" always depresses me(!) ... but I like jazz, jazzrock, powerful rock-the-stadium female vocalists, musicals, some rock music (80s bands like Renaissance, Caravan, BJH, Floyd, Av White Band, Queen), occasionally lightweight pop, some Country, anything you could jive to, and 30s/40s big band stuff (Glenn Miller).

Can't abide English folk, punk, that awful, dreary "Sailing By" thing that BBC Radio Four plays (for some utterly inexplicable reason) every night, anything involving a Gallagher brother or a Bee Gee, national anthems (any national anthem) and military music.

(PS I do know that "Sailing By" is dynamically consistent and supposed to help sailors tune in accurately prior to the Shipping Forecast but surely modern radio equipment doesn't need that?)

• Music stirs my soul.  I always get excited when people have bands that I might like or new composers as I like classical too.  Music is definitely a language I understand and can create.  I appreciate many genres and do have songs that can switch my mood like yourself.  I never tire of Pink Floyd or Ludivico Einaudi. Class in a glass! :-)

• For me it's stuff like Iron Maiden, Sabaton, Ozzy, Korpiklaani, Eclipse, Sham 69, Green Day, Rob Zombie, Sum 41, Link Park, The Hu, Fin Troll, Tom Petty, The Clash, Rush, Airborne, Alice cooper, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Beatles Motzat, Lude wing check out Revaluation Revolution by Rob zombie sums up autism in a nutshell. Along with brutal planet by Alice cooper probably another a lot on here could relate to.

• I used to always do Eminem songs on karioke. Because I didnt look cool people would laugh when I would go up to do them but I knew I could rap and by the end they wernt laughing anymore. 
    The last work Christmas party that was allowed I did Lose Yourself,felt so alive 

• A) Music is my lifeline. I litterally would not still be alive without it

B) My tastes change over time. At the moment I am really into German Schlager music, particulary Beatrice Egli who sings a lot about accepting and being proud of who you are, which as an autistic person is very comforting. 
    I also love rock music. In the past I was hugely into hip hop and still have an Eminem tatoo. I dont listen to him much anymore but his songs are one of the reasons I am still here today

C) Absolutely! Also I will listen to music that fits the mood Im in. If I have a bad day where I feel the world doesnt understand me I will always put on The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. The line "

Do or die, you'll never make me
    Because the world will never take my heart
    Go and try, you'll never break me
    We want it all, we wanna play this part
    I won't explain or say I'm sorry
    I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scars
    Give a cheer for all the broken
    Listen here, because it's who we are
    Just sums up being autistic for me 
  • If you can't do noise. You'd probably enjoy LO-FI hip-hop then. It's instrumental focuses on just the tune but the tempos made up of imperfections and random beats combined with nature elements and sound from the modern world too. I rather enjoy it at times but when the intergrate white noise I can't deal with that.

• Classic bro, got me vibing over here. Bought back some memory listening to this after so long, my mate used to say I looked like Eminem. I used to diss my mate saying he looked like bizarre from d12 Joy 

• I love it it eases my anxiety and allows me to exspress myself in other ways I wouldn't usually be able too. I don't like all music though I'm very selective. I listen to  A lot of Heavy Metal Punk and Classical music. Anything ellse gives me a headache though.

• Same as me. :-) I can just about do Forgot about dre...

• I like music from pretty much all genre, the sound/flow is what I like and can easily go from singing a sad pop song to spitting bars over a rap tune. I feel the music so it alter my mood easily, example would be going high energy/gangsta on a rap song then go silent, deep within listening to an emotional orchestral piece.

• Haha, I love a random song! I used to have a collection of music from adverts on TV...

Marlena Shaw - California Soul = KFC advert circa 2000...

Sammy Davis Jr - Rhythm of Life = Guinness add circa 2005.

And so on...

Lol

In general though, I like dance type music with big bass. Bits of Jazz, a lot of big band/Rat Pack, even a bit of... whisper it... Bublé.

Got into rat pack after Robbie Williams (Swing when your winning album) watched his performance at Royal Albert Hall (on tv) one Christmas/nye many moons back.

Music is a huge passion, and I get totally immersed in the beat, but I don't do much 'exploring'... I listen to probs about 150 different songs on repeat which drives my mates nuts...

• A. Music is my radar. :)

B. I prefer noise.

C. I just hear random songs I know, and play them on YouTube.