Feel the music?

Just wondering:

A.) How do people feel about music? Good, bad? Too distracting, the best distraction?

B.) Music tastes: What's yours like? (Genres, not just good or bad... lol) Big Beat-y base, or gentle melodies?

C.) Do you find you can alter your own outlook purely by changing the tunes? (It may seem ironic: but if I need cheering up fast, I'll often listen to and singalong to: Monty Python's - Always look on the bright side of life...)

Parents
  • A) Music is my lifeline. I litterally would not still be alive without it

B) My tastes change over time. At the moment I am really into German Schlager music, particulary Beatrice Egli who sings a lot about accepting and being proud of who you are, which as an autistic person is very comforting. 
    I also love rock music. In the past I was hugely into hip hop and still have an Eminem tatoo. I dont listen to him much anymore but his songs are one of the reasons I am still here today

C) Absolutely! Also I will listen to music that fits the mood Im in. If I have a bad day where I feel the world doesnt understand me I will always put on The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. The line "

Do or die, you'll never make me
    Because the world will never take my heart
    Go and try, you'll never break me
    We want it all, we wanna play this part
    I won't explain or say I'm sorry
    I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scars
    Give a cheer for all the broken
    Listen here, because it's who we are
    Just sums up being autistic for me 
  • A) Music is my lifeline. I litterally would not still be alive without it

B) My tastes change over time. At the moment I am really into German Schlager music, particulary Beatrice Egli who sings a lot about accepting and being proud of who you are, which as an autistic person is very comforting. 
    I also love rock music. In the past I was hugely into hip hop and still have an Eminem tatoo. I dont listen to him much anymore but his songs are one of the reasons I am still here today

C) Absolutely! Also I will listen to music that fits the mood Im in. If I have a bad day where I feel the world doesnt understand me I will always put on The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. The line "

Do or die, you'll never make me
    Because the world will never take my heart
    Go and try, you'll never break me
    We want it all, we wanna play this part
    I won't explain or say I'm sorry
    I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scars
    Give a cheer for all the broken
    Listen here, because it's who we are
    Just sums up being autistic for me 
Children
No Data