Feel the music?

Just wondering:

A.) How do people feel about music? Good, bad? Too distracting, the best distraction?

B.) Music tastes: What's yours like? (Genres, not just good or bad... lol) Big Beat-y base, or gentle melodies?

C.) Do you find you can alter your own outlook purely by changing the tunes? (It may seem ironic: but if I need cheering up fast, I'll often listen to and singalong to: Monty Python's - Always look on the bright side of life...)

Parents
  • Music is essential for me, particularly in the car (where I spend a lot of time), when working, or doing hobbies or DIY / chores. 

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" always depresses me(!) ... but I like jazz, jazzrock, powerful rock-the-stadium female vocalists, musicals, some rock music (80s bands like Renaissance, Caravan, BJH, Floyd, Av White Band, Queen), occasionally lightweight pop, some Country, anything you could jive to, and 30s/40s big band stuff (Glenn Miller).

Can't abide English folk, punk, that awful, dreary "Sailing By" thing that BBC Radio Four plays (for some utterly inexplicable reason) every night, anything involving a Gallagher brother or a Bee Gee, national anthems (any national anthem) and military music.

(PS I do know that "Sailing By" is dynamically consistent and supposed to help sailors tune in accurately prior to the Shipping Forecast but surely modern radio equipment doesn't need that?)

• Music is essential for me, particularly in the car (where I spend a lot of time), when working, or doing hobbies or DIY / chores. 

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" always depresses me(!) ... but I like jazz, jazzrock, powerful rock-the-stadium female vocalists, musicals, some rock music (80s bands like Renaissance, Caravan, BJH, Floyd, Av White Band, Queen), occasionally lightweight pop, some Country, anything you could jive to, and 30s/40s big band stuff (Glenn Miller).

Can't abide English folk, punk, that awful, dreary "Sailing By" thing that BBC Radio Four plays (for some utterly inexplicable reason) every night, anything involving a Gallagher brother or a Bee Gee, national anthems (any national anthem) and military music.

(PS I do know that "Sailing By" is dynamically consistent and supposed to help sailors tune in accurately prior to the Shipping Forecast but surely modern radio equipment doesn't need that?)

Children