Feel the music?

Just wondering:

A.) How do people feel about music? Good, bad? Too distracting, the best distraction?

B.) Music tastes: What's yours like? (Genres, not just good or bad... lol) Big Beat-y base, or gentle melodies?

C.) Do you find you can alter your own outlook purely by changing the tunes? (It may seem ironic: but if I need cheering up fast, I'll often listen to and singalong to: Monty Python's - Always look on the bright side of life...)

Parents Reply Children
  • If you can't do noise. You'd probably enjoy LO-FI hip-hop then. It's instrumental focuses on just the tune but the tempos made up of imperfections and random beats combined with nature elements and sound from the modern world too. I rather enjoy it at times but when the intergrate white noise I can't deal with that.

• Haha, I love a random song! I used to have a collection of music from adverts on TV...

Marlena Shaw - California Soul = KFC advert circa 2000...

Sammy Davis Jr - Rhythm of Life = Guinness add circa 2005.

And so on...

Lol

In general though, I like dance type music with big bass. Bits of Jazz, a lot of big band/Rat Pack, even a bit of... whisper it... Bublé.

Got into rat pack after Robbie Williams (Swing when your winning album) watched his performance at Royal Albert Hall (on tv) one Christmas/nye many moons back.

Music is a huge passion, and I get totally immersed in the beat, but I don't do much 'exploring'... I listen to probs about 150 different songs on repeat which drives my mates nuts...