What do people have anxieties over?

Hello all.

• What do you have anxieties over?  I have anxieties about food, my health and online security amongst other things..
  • I fall apart during interviews. I laugh randomly, repeat myself constantly. My voice will get higher until it disappears. Before that my speech gets faster and I say random things to fill in space. Horrible experience lol.

• Communicating my dislike of something to people I like AND people I really DON'T like. I usually have to ask someone else I trust before I blurt the words out/hit send to avoid offending the person my messages's aimed at. 

Going to the dr's. Ilnesses make me panic and doctors make me panic. Panicking makes it difficult to communicate my concerns properly and ask for clarifications when I don't understand something. Which makes me panic even more. So I break down and can't talk/start stuttering. 

Serious changes at work. Annual reviews, changing teams due to company restructuring during covid quarantine, line managers seeing my great work and expecting me to always want more and higher positions (which often involves managing people; even though it doesn't show, I feel can't manage myself efficiency enough sometimes, how am I supposed to manage other people??).

Using user un-friendly websites and apps. "you had one job" instantly springs to mind. Like back when I was self employed and I had to submit tax returns. Used to hate it soooooooo much! 

Meeting new people. Don't think I need to explain this one. 

Changes to any and all kinds of plans. Especially when it's because someone didn't do what they were supposed to do/didn't keep their word about something. 

And the list goes on and on unfortunately

• Job interviews are bad, really stressful. I was the 'technical expert' on a job interview panel once (for the post of scientific director of a biotechnology start-up company) and it was only slightly less stressful than being an interviewee.

• yes sometimes the dread arrives in the morning

• Hi NAS49761, (apologies for only picking this up now). I try to make sure that I'm clear on the information before I offer it, but I have noticed that even when I am, I have a tendency to use phrases like 'I think', or 'possibly' as if I'm not sure. I know it's not an ideal response. Perhaps by doing this, I'm ensuring that I have given information to the best of my knowledge, but I've not given any kind of guarantee that it's correct. That leaves them open to either take the information, or leave it and find confirmation elsewhere. As I said, not an ideal response. It always depends on how confident I am with the information as to if I fall back on this but there are times it is useful.

• I find the language used is all very NT which makes it harder for us to understand what’s happening. 

Hello LongSpoons, are you meaning the language used here in the posts being very NT?

If so, it is very common for Autistic people to be far better at written communication than verbal and therefore to 'pass' as NT. This came up in my assessment as it was something I never understood about myself, was that contrast, between verbal and written communication, until my OT explained it, then it made sense.

If you had a face to face conversation with me you would not be hearing what you are reading now.

• I also get severe anxiety when I give the wrong information out. 

Hello Loz, massive one for me too, how do you manage this? as I HAVE to correct it even if I'm told it makes no difference to anything as in my head it absolutely does as nothing will go right until I do.

• Thanks out_of_step, though no rain yet! Everything is very dry.

I'll make a start with the bottles!

• I also have far too much anxiety whenever I have a job interview; I arrive way too early and him-and-ham when trying to answer the questions.

• It's hard, but try to be assured that nobody is perfect.

• Yes! Oh god I torture myself! 

• Other people's reaction towards my decisions.

Waiting.

Having to spend a long time in a place; whenever I want to just take photos and go.

Having an accident when driving.

Hearing voices in my head of those I know who won't take 'No' for an answer.

Being up all night; then waiting for the shops to reopen in the morning.

• Slugs are quick buggers! Yes it'd work in pots too.  Altho I think with all this rain you'll be fine anyway!

• I have the same anxiety; big time.

• Wonder if something like this would work in the pots, I have seen drip feeders for indoor plants but not outdoor.

• There are so many snails and slugs around the garden I was worried they'd just end up as food for them as they desecrate plants so quickly, some flowers are just up 2 nights and they're grey mush by the third night, it's taken several attempts to keep the 4 in the garden protected and the birds have an appetite for their leaves too.

I have a great close up video of a big black slug munching through a big mushroom in the woods, it's amazing how quickly it was getting through it, after seeing that I understood why the flowers were going so quickly.

• That's great thinking out of step but they're all in pots except 4!

• yea i do that as well for high drainage areas. sometimes i leave the lid and top on but make small holes with soldering iron so it spreads more.

• Get some 2 litre bottles and cut the bottoms off. 

Take the lids off and put lid side down into the soil. Fill up with water from the top (which is actually the bottom you cut off) et voila! The plants will take the water they need as and when. If they are in the ground there shoukd be enough rootage to go searching for water for a few days anyway.

• The contaminants in tap water, while I wait on my supposedly therapeutic bath running with two cups of magnesium salts I'm filled with dread at soaking in it, will they get through the pores in my skin, I also hate the taste of it, switching to bottled water because that tastes better but then that's full of microscopic plastics clogging up every blood vessel in my body, non organic chicken and turkey being fed GM corn and minced turkey being one of the few foods I'll eat, the synthetic fragrance smells wafting from neighbors washing when I go out into the garden because some smell in the house is bothering me and I'm getting more and more anxious frantically going around the house trying to sniff it out, having to buy second hand clothes because I hate the smell and feel of most new ones but when I open the packet from eBay of the top I bought the laundry fragrance from that makes me drop the pack run for a mask, put rubber gloves on to handle it wash it in the machine 6 times with my ecover zero laundry liquid before I can wear it, odours are particulates and I'm very visual with all these things too so in my mind I see them stuck to all the hairs inside my nostrils which means I won't get rid of them = the smell won't go = more anxiety, my friend giving me a packet of sunflower seeds to grow and not realising I didn't need to sew them all so I end up with 44 minature sunflowers to look after which totally overwhelms me resulting in me  refusing to go camping now because no one can come and water them for me while I'm away and in this heat they need watered three times per day but I've come this far and have to see it through to the end, I think the point I'm making here is the anxiety over the expectation of the gifted seeds.

Tiny, tiny, fraction of my anxieties and that's before I've even began interacting with people.

I read a post on here which explained the difference between anxiety and stress, I think as many others on here, the above is a combination.