• RE: Autistic empathy

With a little loose time this after noon.......

I have to check in with my body to know how I, myself feel.

For empathy:

I don't feel like I could be the one to say if I am "empathetic" or not . I can't say. Others say of me that I very solution oriented…

• RE: Do I Give Off Signs That Neurotypicals Notice?

I know that. I'm 55y/o & am just starting to self diagnosing (Aspie). Do you also do room clearance? enter a room or go in a (not too crowded) pub & within 5-10 mins either the room is empty or there's a circle of empty chairs around you. My conclusion…

• RE: Unable to come to terms with bad events and move on - Is this all autism

I can certainly sympathise with the problem of repetitive, fixated thinking, as no doubt many other autisic people can. I don't think it's necessarily being autistic per se which makes us this way; rather that, since other people's social behaviours are…

• RE: Motorcycling

Moggsy & NAS38192...

You are certainly not alone when it comes to being able to handle the bike well but not the daily navigation of the living room furniture (I'm currently nursing a fractured hand after trying to use a step that wasn't there on…

• RE: Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

I wish I could tell you what the point is.  However, for some reason, I have always had a burning fight in me that is the thing that probably kept me going, and some unfathomable hope that things will get better at some point.  Having children became the…

• RE: Verbal/body language communication is over rated

Ok, I see what’s happening now. We effectively live in two different worlds and we are therefore talking two different languages. 

Not quite but almost. We effectively live on the same world in two different bodies, and are both writing in English. You…

• RE: School & Autism

This breaks my heart. She knows she's different, she has probably experienced a lifetime of miscommunication in her short life and it sounds like she has lost hope. She needs an ADHD friend and/or a dyslexic friend, which might be easier to find than…

• lonely

hello,

I'm feeling really lost and out of answers, I dont know where to turn. I have been married to my husband for a year and a half, we have been together for 12 years and have lived together most of that. i'm feeling really isolated and lonely and…

• RE: Square Peg

Hi JT,

I genuinely didn't care that I didn't fit in.  It certainly helped that I thought I was just a 'unique' NT.

I found that NT's quite enjoyed me NOT fitting in.  I was weird and exotic - socially, in my interests, and in my work…

• A dump of information before my head explodes - the nonsense of covid

Hi all

All through this pandemic I've been stressed as I cant figure out why people do the things that they do or why things are happening the way they are as they dont make sense.

For example in our town -I was told 'we think you have the virus but…