• Plight of family of an "Aspie"

Hello folks!

My brother is 41 and has just been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. Since the age of 3 he has had behavioural problems. This has taken its toll on my Dad, Mum and me his sister. I had a nervous breakdown 20 years ago due to his behaviour…

• A rant: Create a phone option that automatically tells everyone your ignoring calls because of burnout

I just put my phone on "do not disturb" for 3 days straight because I was sick of people calling me to talk.  I have a life.  I need to accomplish activities of daily living.  I want to focus my energy on learning something cool.  I can't be stuck…

• New to forum - concerns about 5 year old daughter

Hi, for the last 2 years my daughter has had speech and language intervention, resulting in assessements which have concluded she is 'average' for her age. her speech is very immature and she still frequently mis pronounces words and gets her 'he', 'she…

• 5 year old concerns

Hi, for the last 2 years my daughter has had speech and language intervention, resulting in assessements which have concluded she is 'average' for her age. her speech is very immature and she still frequently mis pronounces words and gets her 'he', 'she…

• RE: Coping with recently diagnosed ASD 5 year old

So, firstly things I hope might comfort you as a parent:

A. Nothing you have described is your or his fault. The behaviour you describe is completely normal for an autistic child. It’s not easy to deal with, but seeking help here is great and demonstrates…

• RE: I've been anxiously trying to discover if there's an afterlife for well over ten years. What can I do?

Hi Tom.  What I would suggest to others is explore and find out for themselves in their own way.  Don’t even believe what I am about to say but, well browse the world. As a teenager I had out of body experiences. I became a Buddhist and just focused on…

• RE: The burnout problem

Thank you.  And yes, I like the concept of the second mask and actually hadn't come across it before, although I can now see that it's often referred to in passing as the times when a person is masking, often unconsciously, and therefore even from themselves…

• Intro and DVLA taking forever and a day to process HGV provisional licence

First of all, I would like give out a huge hello to all members of this community. 

I am currently working in a large depot of a major well known blue-chip transport firm (you know the one with the yellow trucks) doing a range of duties, including yard…

• Avoidance

I’m utterly fascinated by the lengths I will go to, to avoid doing things. My psychiatrist said I’m not ‘avoiding’ things, I’m simply looking after myself. He says it’s self preservation. Whatever it is, it’s highly interesting.…

• RE: Living with a Partner with ASD and child with ASD

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, especially when it is such a painful subject. I am greatly saddened to hear of your experiences but also not surprised either. My partner was very interested in what you had to say too.

At one point me…