Spam alert

Dear moderators, there is some serious spamming going on here, about counterfeit money etc please sort it out

Blues

• just to say thank you Aspergerix, I always find your information informative and helpful.

I too get what I mean and what I say mixed up, my head sometimes goes way faster than my fingers can type, or my mouth can pronounce properly, leading to, in some part, miscommunication.

This place is such an interesting place, and a wealth of knowledge. Sometimes I am playing catch up(strange term I know)to the point I cannot think. But I am learning so much from being here, about myself, and how others here deal with they're ASD's.

This subject means a lot to me, as I was one of those people who used to get caught out with underhand and often unscrupulous dealings. I have had to learn to be less gullible but still on occasion get sucked in(another odd expression I know). It's good that people like yourselves are willing to help others see things more clearly, even though you may have your own anxieties and life problems going on.

Thanks again

Blues

• Blues said:

Sorry for overreacting.

Blues

Hi Blues

I don't think you over reacted. You brought something important to everyones's attention.

Spam is dangerous because often it is illegitimate and has the purpose to entrap and defraud innocent victims with lies and false claims and false promises.

The goal of a spammer is to engage the victim in a conversation whereby they can trick them.

The key lesson for people to learn or be aware of is never to take any bait and never to engage in any interaction with a spammer. To do this, never click on any link, never respond to any email, and never phone any number. Ignore the spam and delete the spam immediately. Never let any fear or threat or accusation or promise of reward or curiosity or any prompt make you want to communicate with the spammer. Spam is often, but not always, from an unsolicited unknown source. Spammers sometimes disguise themselves and pretend to be someone you are familiar with so one has to be careful all the time and be on guard.

One must be skeptical when reading any advertisement in an email or post, or anything someone unknown and unverified may say on a phone call. So if someone calls you and says they are from your bank you need to be skeptical.

Don't believe people telling you that you have won something, or that you can get something for free, or that you are in trouble - always be skeptical, and don't engage but disengage from suspicious communicators.

• NAS15840 said:

If there is a fire and the fire alarm goes off then people must panic, and take action to evacuate. Of course panic does not mean running around screaming like a headless chicken. But it means taking quick orderly appropriate action.

Hi Aspergix, I'm afraid you're wrong there, people must not panic, the definition of panic is "a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.". That causes irrational and sub-optimal actions, or even actions which make the situation worse.

I think it is important for me to explain something here , because this example illustrates how badly I sometimes communicate. I can write and speak but not always properly. I often get into trouble because I end up conveying the opposite of what I intended.

I did two things wrong here:

1)      I used the wrong word to express what I intended to mean. Like seriously the wrong choice of word. (I said we must panic – what I wanted to say was we must respond immediately. But for some unknown reason in my mind the word panic was synonymous with responding immediately. At the same time I knew the dictionary meaning of panic.)

2)      I then proceeded to deliberately redefine the dictionary meaning of the word to exactly the opposite.  I did this to try and explain what I really mean by the word panic. Like this is seriously absurd and bizarre. ( I said panic does not mean….but it means….! I broke the unwritten rule that one must never change the dictionary meaning of a word when using a word.)

The result of this was a serious miscommunication on my part resulting in MattBuck’s feedback, saying that I was wrong and that we must not panic. But I was not wrong because I did not think I was saying we must panic, I thought I was saying we must act in a cool headed way by saying “ …..taking quick orderly appropriate action.”

So to rephrase what I said and intended to say and actually meant to say :

If there is a fire and the fire alarm goes off then people must not panic, we must respond immediately and take quick, orderly and appropriate action to evacuate.

I hope this sounds better, but I’m not sure anymore. I end up getting tangled up in words to the point where I become very confused and very anxious.

I often cross swords with people about what I said and what I intended to say and how I said it and how I should have said it. It becomes very tiring and draining. I end up going mute for a very long time because I lose confidence in expressing myself verbally because I always seem to get it wrong in some bizarre way.

• Hi guys

Your both right methinks, Aspergerix with his analogy of letting people know about the risks this said post could pose, and MattBucks, calling for calm heads.

This is partly my fault, maybe I overreacted somewhat, but unfortunately I have problems with emotions, and saw this as a threat. This site was a safe enviroment, and suddenly it felt unsafe.

Sorry for overreacting.

Blues

• If there is a fire and the fire alarm goes off then people must panic, and take action to evacuate. Of course panic does not mean running around screaming like a headless chicken. But it means taking quick orderly appropriate action.

Hi Aspergix, I'm afraid you're wrong there, people must not panic, the definition of panic is "a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.". That causes irrational and sub-optimal actions, or even actions which make the situation worse.

If you see a fire you set off the fire alarm to allow everyone else in the building to evacuate before it gets to a dangerous level, if you're trained and know that it's safe to do so then you can tackle it with fire extinguishers. The evacuation should take place in a calm and orderly manner. It’s why military forced have multiple drills, so that in the case of the actual situation taking hold, fire or missile strike onboard ship, emergency scramble from airfield, incoming attack on a base in a war zone everyone knows what to do and does it, no panic and panic always worstens the situation.

• Hi Blues

People will say don't panic, but hitting the panic button is good I say.

If there is a fire and the fire alarm goes off then people must panic, and take action to evacuate. Of course panic does not mean running around screaming like a headless chicken. But it means taking quick orderly appropriate action.

So you are like the fire alarm raising the alert by hitting the panic button.

Now it is up to the firefighters to put out the fire i.e. the web administrators to remove the posts.

In the mean time people need to be warned to ignore the posts because all it takes is one innocent vulnerable person to take the bait.

• Islander said:

What concerns me is what is behind the spam !

Spam is not just spam for spam sake.

This may be bait to lure vulnerable curious gullible people on the spectrum into a phishing trap to steal personal information, steal identity, get bank details, deposit malware and viruses onto their devices, basically con people where they may end up losing a lot of money and suffering other victimization from criminal activity.

This is either a fraudulent advert or if it is genuine then the product sold is fraudulent and criminal which can lead to serious consequences.

Either way I view this as a potential serious threat and warn all users not to be tempted to email the given email address of the spammers out of curiosity.

This is like taking a sweet from a bad man offering candy to a kiddy on the street and saying get into his car. Don't !

Don't send email, don't click on any link !

These people are sophisticated social engineers, master fraudsters, and what they are proposing is against the law.

This may be common sense to some but to others the dangers may not be obvious.

This was my worry Aspergerix, that someone might get Caught out by this.

I just panicked when I saw it.

• What concerns me is what is behind the spam !

Spam is not just spam for spam sake.

This may be bait to lure vulnerable curious gullible people on the spectrum into a phishing trap to steal personal information, steal identity, get bank details, deposit malware and viruses onto their devices, basically con people where they may end up losing a lot of money and suffering other victimization from criminal activity.

This is either a fraudulent advert or if it is genuine then the product sold is fraudulent and criminal which can lead to serious consequences.

Either way I view this as a potential serious threat and warn all users not to be tempted to email the given email address of the spammers out of curiosity.

This is like taking a sweet from a bad man offering candy to a kiddy on the street and saying get into his car. Don't !

Don't send email, don't click on any link !

These people are sophisticated social engineers, master fraudsters, and what they are proposing is against the law.

This may be common sense to some but to others the dangers may not be obvious.

• There already is, "Feedback to NAS", being a small organisation I don't think they moderate 24hr, just a bit of spam though, no harm done and they will sort it out soon enough.

• Could we have a button to report such posts?