What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

• I live in a ground floor 42m2 kitchen- diner- lounge in a block of flats for those 55 or or over. It's small, but an ample size for me. I feel safer here than in previous flats I've lived in. I can't think of any standout thing I like about this flat. It's more a general feeling of being safe and secure.

• I like to be home.  Its safe from unwanted things like people I don't want to talk to and noise. Has nice family visits memories and plans to look forward to. Has my lovely hubby in it.I miss our lovely dog though. Thoughts of another dog friend joining us one day make me happy though. 

• My room 100% i love being here no criticism only designing and work and think

• See feeling is a big part of what makes a room 

In my old house all the windows had like a 3 inch indent where the brick went out and it made me feel somehow safer 

• I like the way I decorated my room. I'm very into the log cabin in the woods aesthetic, so I had my floors paneled. I also got two kinds of wallpaper; one that looks like paneled wood, and another that looks like a faint forest canopy. I have two opposite walls in one, and the other two opposite in the other, one of the forest ones being where the window is. It creates this combined feeling of nature and solitude that's more comfortable to me than doing all of one or the other. I also like the cieling fan I added, the additional fan I've got on my window sill, and the mesh framing I'm about to have installed on my window, so that I can have the best airflow I can get shy of an air conditioning unit.

I also really like this stuffed shiba plushie my best friend got me, that sits on top of my record player right in front of me.

• I like most that I might move out to a nicer home one day with neighbours who dont make too much noise 

But other than that it's my place away from everything outside no work no people stopping to talk just as I want it 

I miss when I lived a bit further out near some fields it felt even more private despite still being surrounded by neighbours 

• She had her sheet together.  She knew the game.  She played it here with considerable style.  I believe she still plays, equally well (but more contentedly... and with no unnecessary pain) elsewhere now.

Always look up.

• Oh dear. I have her as a friend on here. She must have had more than one account.

Well that's just sums up the day for me.  Horrific news.

It's the vulnerable souls in the world that are crushed like butterflies.  I believe I am paraphrasing someone else's words there but it is very true.

Rest In Peace.

• Yep....just checked... she is the soul who has passed.  Bless her memory, and her soul.  RIP.

• Forgive my bluntness (and there have been a few 'Luna's in my time here.....so i could have the wrong Luna) .but I believe that this is the blessed soul who has prematurely left this mortal coil.  She died a while back.  It was big.  I was very sad.  She was a SUPER solid human.

• Since this thread has been revived. I'm curious about Luna and how she is doing these days? Anyone know?

• Wow how lovely! What a dream. Enjoy Blush

• My home is familiar to me. Warm, safe, and with lots of photographs. I like the living room - it has two nice sofas, a great TV with my Wii connected to it, and my lego collection in the corner! I also like the fact that we have several bookshelves around the house: one in the living room, one in my bedroom, three in the attic. We love books! My room has a nice desk as well.

• ‘Poison of comparison’ is a marvellous term. 

• My rent is sky high and I can't afford it.

• The views are lovely. You are lucky to have such wildlife on your literal doorstep. 

• Scary how dependent we are on neighbours for peace of mind. I had a nightmare situation in my old flat, with the person below (who, ironically, used his own more noticeable autism - I was still some years away from my own diagnosis- as an excuse for some very trying episodes) regularly blasting music and flims at ungodly hours, or even during the day. And shouting, and slamming cupboards and doors regularly. I appreciate he needed to let off steam (an extreme stim I suppose) with some of that, but everything taken together was too much. 17 years into my 13 years there, I finally exploded at him after many more diplomatic attempts to get him to modify behaviour. Especiially the most outrageous one - hammering on my door if I took a day off work to demand to know why my routine was not as normal. He did change his ways considerably enough after my meltdown (buying earphones like I told him to for instance!) to make the last few years there much better. I was then able to sell the place on with a clear conscience about the way more mellowed behaviour that the new resident would be getting. Imagine my disappointment when she got in touch a couple of months in to say he was behaving in all those old ways again, and had I been aware of it? In other words, he'd completely re-set to 'push my luck' mode as soon as I left. It's not my fault, and I couldn't have foreseen it, but it felt weird to be being haunted even after the escape by his escapades.

• Oh a river, you're so lucky to have that and all the wildlife it brings. Beautiful photos, you can tell they were done on a good camera.

• Must look into some of those. I've been using one called 'cosy night in' (very much my vibe) which seems to be mainly lavender.