What do you like to buy and collect?

Hey I thought it would be interesting to know what we all like to buy and collect. I like to buy books, I own lots of Agatha Christie books and loads of lego minifigures which I love to buy and collect. I've also began collecting money, my mum used to collect vintage banknotes, she had an album which is now mine and in it there's money from the 1920s. Such lovely things. I've also began collecting records. 

What do you all like to collect?

• music books colors experiences shows movies software dongles macbook pros DMGs ....

• thats so cool and they also have the nfl ones

• These are some of my Funko Pop collectables,Relaxed

• As a huge Kylie Minogue fan, who is the very epitome of style, class and sophistication, I have most of her Albums on CD and many of her DVD’s - as I cannot keep pets in my first floor maisonette type flat, I sleep with 40 teddy bears of all shapes, types and sizes in my queen-sized bed, my favourites being my English Paddington, Edward, James, Dafyd (my little Welsh friend - we met in Holyhead) and Tara, having paid their ransom from the shop shelves and brought them into a loving Irish home xx

• An extensive range of diverse interests feature for me (with a different "timeshare" of my attention / energy / time & financial resources / thoughts / plans / chatty-ness ...about the topic(s) - depending on factors such as: whether I am working on a particularly demanding employed Contract role, the "hosting" of Burnouts & their recovery process, the status of my mood / emotional sphere / Mental or Physical Health, the level of concern & support I am offering to colleagues / friends / neighbours / relatives who are in need, and the time of year / weather!.

I tend to add to my list of interests, rather than replace one passion with another newer one.

GREEN - Examples of interests likely to feature more strongly when I am low-stressed (on really good form) etc.: ongoing Continuing Professional Development, learning for life or personal interest, cooking with old & new recipes, gardening (particularly growing vegetables, fruit, herbs and edible flowers), arty / sewing related hobbies, leisure trips, visit museums and art galleries, buying things to make time outdoors more fun, going for walks, fishing from a beach, maybe a self-catering UK holiday.

AMBER - Samples of somewhat more "in retreat, or needing to ration / top-up my personal reserves" activities and interests are likely to include more sedentary / indoors things like: collecting and reading books, listening to music, email a small number of friends / neighbours, telephone a small number of relatives.

RED - An area of interest which is more likely than some others to survive a period of even being of "particularly poor form" is making use of my collection of books, films, CDs, online Museum collection bookmarks about: Farsi (Iranian / Persian) language, plus the culture, peoples, history, architecture & design, flora & fauna, food etc. of Iran (ancient & modern) and the wider Middle East.  (Apart from the timeline and cultural awareness context, I do prefer to steer clear of the religions, politics, and armed conflicts of the region).

• Hello - I'm new to the forum. I collect Disney like the Lorcana cards, books, Funko Pop and dvds. Oh, and I have a lot of Pokemon cards as well, which I began collecting as a child. I'm a big Lego fan as well. I own so many Lego mini figures....And I've got a big collection of CDs as well, specifically Taylor Swift, Disney, and game OST CDs.

I like collecting things, it's fun to sort through and organise the things I've collected.

I first started collecting when I was about 7, I started getting different kinds of pencils, all shapes and sizes and then I loved to keep them in specific orders on my desk and in certain pencil cases. This is the first thing I remember collecting and I loved sorting and organising them.

I like to watch other people's collection videos as well, on YT, it's fun to see what people also collect and gives me ideas for my own stuff. Though a lot of people collect stuff and never use it again I continue to use and enjoy the things I collect. 

Collecting= fun = happy me.

• me to I like collect  panini nfl cards and breyer horses

• i collect books & yugioh cards. i also play & collect yugioh as well as magic the gathering commander

• I think I would struggle to cope with an unplanned and extended holiday. I certainly like to know where I will be and what I will be doing.

• I agree, Martin! I would say that, for me, it depends on the trip when it comes to which I prefer. When I was younger I did some solo travel and preferred hotels so I wasn't too far from help, had room service and things like that on hand. Yet the extra space and privacy of an AirBnb or similar is simply magical! The flat you stayed in in Paris sounds like heaven! What an incredible experience! It would be a dream come true to stay somewhere like that!

One thing that convinced me I was on the spectrum was doing a few trips with my partner. One trip was over just 1 month, but somehow we managed to stay in about 20 different types of accommodation and travelled thousands of miles with different modes of transport, different social occasions all the way. Very little of it was pre-planned, which my partner loves (and I wish I did!), but I struggled the whole way. It was a very confusing time - to be in some amazing places, relatively good accommodation, with a supportive partner, but to be mostly in fight-flight and overwhelmed, not knowing what to do to help myself. I didn't understand that part of myself then at all. So glad to understand it better now. What a relief, too!

• I dont have many hobbies, and was bored with doing the same things day in day out so bought an album with some stickers and started looking on ebay to buy packets cheeper than you can buy in the shops and found quite a few people selling packets of stickers there.  Been stressed lately as a result of attempting to get PIP. - and failing.  So trying to change my mind set.  PLus The Euros are coming up hopefully.

• keep them all !   

Thats the one thing i miss

sitting in a library reading scientific papers  thats heaven for me :)

• I'm on 'Research Gate', which gives access to many papers and have access to JSTOR. As an alumnus I have limited access to my old university library. Not the unlimited access I had before retirement, however.

• I have found that hiring flats or houses is much less stressful than being in hotels. We rented a flat in Paris, owned by a French academic, for two weeks a couple of years ago and had a great time. This was helped by the flat being crammed with books, many in English. It felt more like we were living in Paris, rather than just holidaying there.

• there are dozens of "experts" in here so check out the facts for yourself but u'll know to do that already. 

You may even have access to the scientific journals online, I hope ?

• This thread is great! I'm using it for inspiration. I don't collect a lot, and when I do, I don't seem to sustain the desire to collect for very long. Partly, I simply haven't got space at home, so that's the decision made for me. Yet I also love constantly learning and exploring new things. 

I suppose my collections are more around collecting experiences. I'll enjoy photos and also mementos like rocks, shells and other natural items to remember the moments by. I'd love to travel more, learn more, explore more. Yet, now I understand about the spectrum, hopefully I can do this in a kinder, easier way on myself that doesn't involve optional high intensity experiences, like constantly changing accommodation when it's not needed, etc.

• Thanks! Nothing to do with neurology though, just tropical diseases. Not very relevant to autism, though I did know an ex-student of the originator of the 'autism is caused by vaccines' nonsense. He very bravely, PhD students are very dependant on their supervisors, refused to have his name on the Lancet paper. He thought the methodology and the analysis were very flawed, to say the least.

• I think I'm in a similar boat - not wanting to collect much. Physically haven't got much space, so that makes the decision easy, too! I secretly want to see what old toilet rolls would look like! I remember a pea green that was around when I was a child. Yet the experience you had that you understandably didn't realise about her collection doesn't sound pleasant, sorry to hear it. 

• wow we have a full blown scientist ,,,,,,, so pleased to see you here