What do you like to buy and collect?

Hey I thought it would be interesting to know what we all like to buy and collect. I like to buy books, I own lots of Agatha Christie books and loads of lego minifigures which I love to buy and collect. I've also began collecting money, my mum used to collect vintage banknotes, she had an album which is now mine and in it there's money from the 1920s. Such lovely things. I've also began collecting records. 

What do you all like to collect?

Parents
  • I used to collect all sorts of stuff when I was younger.  

Several years ago I made the conscious effort to STOP.  The main reason was my late mother.  She was a collector and the effect it had on her and  the rest of the family was really bad.

Her most unusual collection was toilet rolls.  I wasn't even aware of it until one day I used up the last bit of paper in the loo and replaced it with a roll from the large collection in one of the wardrobes.  I thought it was just a convenient store of toilet paper.  

When she saw that particular roll in the toilet roll holder, she blew up! Shouting at me that, that particular colour of mushy pea green is no longer available in the shops.  And these rolls of toilet paper mustn't be touched, she had spent thirty years collecting them.

• I think I'm in a similar boat - not wanting to collect much. Physically haven't got much space, so that makes the decision easy, too! I secretly want to see what old toilet rolls would look like! I remember a pea green that was around when I was a child. Yet the experience you had that you understandably didn't realise about her collection doesn't sound pleasant, sorry to hear it. 

• I think I'm in a similar boat - not wanting to collect much. Physically haven't got much space, so that makes the decision easy, too! I secretly want to see what old toilet rolls would look like! I remember a pea green that was around when I was a child. Yet the experience you had that you understandably didn't realise about her collection doesn't sound pleasant, sorry to hear it. 

Children
No Data