What TV shows do you like?

Are there any shows that are helping you get through the strange days we're living through?

I like those reality competitions e.g. the Bake Off, Sewing Bee, Best Home Cook, Pottery Throwdown etc. And things like Bridgerton and Winx, which are total fantasy escapes from reality.

I also remembered Detectorists. Does anyone watch that? A nice, subtle series with nothing horrible happening.

• Really enjoyed Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Did the character proud.

Haven't seen The Good Doctor yet. Might give it a go.

• I watched some Doctor Who today, which was fun. Ben watching the 13th Doctor episodes. I like her a lot. Also watched Postman Pat this morning which I'm perhaps too old for but I still like it.

•  I watched "Grace" (a new tv police show), on ITV last Sunday night,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_(TV_series)

it had an autistic character in it.  Presumably it can be accessed using the itv player.

• WOW! That is a fascinating fact! I would never have guessed Zoe Perry is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf! Obviously looks more like her dad.

• Big bang , IT crowd , Father Ted, Young sheldon ,Just watched Drop the dead donkey ,

"Interesting fact" the real life daughter of the actress who plays sheldons mum in big bang plays his mum in young sheldon

• I am late to this feed. But my current favourite show of all time is.

The Good Doctor 

I feel although I can really connect with the main character as I see myself in him. This show also helps me understand how other people try to understand me. I know this show's world is fictional but I can't help but to see it as my personal Handbook. Yes it is very subjective but It shows the challenges people like me and the main character faces extremely well. This show Inspires me to try and reach my goals. 

I hope anyone who has seen this show feels the same as me about it. As I cannot live without it. If this show ever got cancelled It would hurt because this show helps me understand myself better as I can easily put my feet in the Main character's shoes. I may not understand social queues but I can easily sympathise with the main character. I see myself in him. He's like my personality mirror/personal Handbook.

• I love older shows. I love All Creatures Great And Small, one of my fave shows. I also love Inspector Morse, Midsomer Murders and the Big Bang Theory and Mr Bean.

• I've been watching Doctor Who since I was about 3. I've never missed an episode in 49 years (how's that for autistic behaviour?) and I rewatch them on iPlayer or on TIVO occasionally too. A lot of the episodes from the classic series (1963-1979) are soothing to me, even though I have watched them many times over. I even listen to the novelisations on BBC audiobooks at bedtime as well as new adventures on Big Finish audiobooks.  

• Oh gosh, my brain switches off when maths appears, sorry! I watched about 2 seconds of it.Flushed The only maths I like is construction with a compass, and probability. I quite like dates, when it's 2/1/21 or 12/12/12 or something.

• This is a Bob Ross parody about logarithms. I'm a maths student and I think it's great :D www.youtube.com/watch

• Huge fan of Red Dwarf. Inbetweeners - Greg Davies is funny, only because I see a certain irony in leaving a career as a teacher.... to play a teacher. Grinning (as well as all the other stuff he does)

• Oh yes, familiarity is just right. I've been watching shows from my childhood: The Incredible Hulk, Charlies Angels, Hart to Hart, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard etc. Simple shows from simple times when neighbours all got on well with each other, there were no extreme beliefs and the world was smaller and nicer.

I read that the world's population was 3.5 billion in 1970. In 2020 it is 7.5 billion! No wonder everyone is getting on each other's nerves!

• ^A good way of looking at it.

I don't want to spend my life cleaning and tidying so I don't.

• I sometimes like rewatching old stuff like Red Dwarf or the Inbetweeners. I remember the jokes but I like the familiarity in these weird times.

• I'm sure if someone saw my house they'd call it unkept - I call it having character.

Take my garden. To the uninformed it looks neglected and abandoned. To me, it's nature having its way and it has its admirers (ask the local wildlife). 

• Oh yes, I've never had a clear, minimalistic house. I have lots of stuff everywhere, I think I must have had forest dweller ancestors as I like stepping over things, hiding behind things, and going round things Joy

• Laughing I think I’m too old for the pregnant bit, but yes there are reoccurring themes as you say! I’d love to do a home build, I’d need something nearing on the size of an aircraft hanger and that would just be my library (there was a great spiral staircase in one that was bookcases all the way round, that was clever). Although I’m as far off of being minimalistic as is possible I admire these people who are content with an ultra clear house.

• I agree, Patrick Stewart was great, 

• Matt Baker would make an interesting Doctor though Wink

• Some Grand Design houses are brilliant, some are wildly impractical. I like the common things which happen every week e.g. they move into a caravan; they want it finished by Christmas; the wife gets pregnant; there are huge panes of glass to manoeuvre into place; the people try to project manage it themselves.

Hopefully as you've watched Grand Designs, you won't fall into those traps Joy