What TV shows do you like?

Are there any shows that are helping you get through the strange days we're living through?

I like those reality competitions e.g. the Bake Off, Sewing Bee, Best Home Cook, Pottery Throwdown etc. And things like Bridgerton and Winx, which are total fantasy escapes from reality.

I also remembered Detectorists. Does anyone watch that? A nice, subtle series with nothing horrible happening.

Parents Reply Children
  • Huge fan of Red Dwarf. Inbetweeners - Greg Davies is funny, only because I see a certain irony in leaving a career as a teacher.... to play a teacher. Grinning (as well as all the other stuff he does)

• Oh yes, familiarity is just right. I've been watching shows from my childhood: The Incredible Hulk, Charlies Angels, Hart to Hart, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard etc. Simple shows from simple times when neighbours all got on well with each other, there were no extreme beliefs and the world was smaller and nicer.

I read that the world's population was 3.5 billion in 1970. In 2020 it is 7.5 billion! No wonder everyone is getting on each other's nerves!