What TV shows do you like?

Are there any shows that are helping you get through the strange days we're living through?

I like those reality competitions e.g. the Bake Off, Sewing Bee, Best Home Cook, Pottery Throwdown etc. And things like Bridgerton and Winx, which are total fantasy escapes from reality.

I also remembered Detectorists. Does anyone watch that? A nice, subtle series with nothing horrible happening.

Parents Reply
  • Grand Designs is great, I often find myself thinking of what I might build if I ever got the chance.

Other TV shows I like are X-files, Merlin and Scorpion. I do tend to re-watch the same episodes a lot, repetition is comforting for me.

I’ve never got on with the Sitcom format and don’t find them funny.

Children
  • ^A good way of looking at it.

I don't want to spend my life cleaning and tidying so I don't.

• I'm sure if someone saw my house they'd call it unkept - I call it having character.

Take my garden. To the uninformed it looks neglected and abandoned. To me, it's nature having its way and it has its admirers (ask the local wildlife). 

• Oh yes, I've never had a clear, minimalistic house. I have lots of stuff everywhere, I think I must have had forest dweller ancestors as I like stepping over things, hiding behind things, and going round things Joy

• Laughing I think I’m too old for the pregnant bit, but yes there are reoccurring themes as you say! I’d love to do a home build, I’d need something nearing on the size of an aircraft hanger and that would just be my library (there was a great spiral staircase in one that was bookcases all the way round, that was clever). Although I’m as far off of being minimalistic as is possible I admire these people who are content with an ultra clear house.

• Some Grand Design houses are brilliant, some are wildly impractical. I like the common things which happen every week e.g. they move into a caravan; they want it finished by Christmas; the wife gets pregnant; there are huge panes of glass to manoeuvre into place; the people try to project manage it themselves.

Hopefully as you've watched Grand Designs, you won't fall into those traps Joy