When Lockdown Ends - What next?

What's your #1 desire when things go back to normal?       Seeing friends?   Going shopping for no reason?     Sunbathing in the park?

I really NEED a McD Quaterpounder with Cheese and a Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin!  

Until then, I can make my own version......   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAbeBXAYztk

• Cheers! Some of that is just my idea of humor. I don't actually take too many things at all seriously.

• Accountant, = snap.  Mine is working, but he is buried under furlough compensation work.

I love your little lists Smiley

• I would use the PM more but I can't see the messages on a mobile phone due to the page formatting. The window doesn't resize to display the text and it's covered up by another window. It's the same on an ipad.   I have written to the site admin, but no reply (maybe they were using a mobile phone, haha) .  It's not convenient to log onto a computer all the time to take part in the forum. 

• I'm sort of aware that my posts often end up being the 'kiss of string death' on topics here; but that might just only be because I usually post quite late.

( Greetings, Mr SeniorMoment... so that is what it is called - "kiss of string death" (not "kiss of thread death" or something)...! I shall try to remember this Term. I used to get that M'self... I also used to get what I called "First Post Curse" where I posted first and then that Thread just dropped away into obscurity / was copied by someone else. But the less I post, the less I get that, imagine that. (!)

As far as I recall You have been here longer than Me, so I would be glad for You to get the PMs You ask for. I always like to see continuity, so Good Fortune to You from Me. (Sorry I cannot really think of anything else to say apart from that.) )

• Around here, the lockdown has been varied.  People have been sunbathing openly and visiting parks in family groups.

My local chippy has reopened,  but we need to order and pay online, then collect in person,  without actually going inside, collect from door.

I've also seen one restaurant openly advertising that they are open for business. 

• Big few months, when the Lockdown ends;

1. My brother graduates from Uni. Then, he'll return home at the end of next month.

2. I will turn 41 on 25 June.

3. My driving licence is up for renewal on 06 June. The Department for Infrastructure better get their act together.

My number one desire is to contact my accountant and have my 2019/20 taxes sorted ASAP. I want to get so much done, post-Lockdown, that I may have a stress-free Christmas.

• Haha the person who lives opposite my parents is - but I don’t like him! 

• the perfect combination would be if your family was all called McDonald :-D

• I just moved 100 miles away from all of my family so I haven't saw them since the lockdown. I would like to visit and hopefully spend some days out with them during the summer

• It is unlikely that it will be practical for me to travel to my native UK for months to come yet.  But when I do, I would definitely like to arrange some meetups. But until that visit actually happens, i could definitely do with a few more PM communications. In that way, it should be possible for you to glimpse whether there are likely to be any major incompatibility issues, well before I get over there. I'm in no great hurry anyway. and there is nothing much developing here, despite my numerous attempts to contact like-minded people. (They definitely exist, but are obviously totally inured to a very solitary existence.) I've been an expatriate for decades. I am almost half a world away from the UK, in a country that prides itself on its 'friendliness', but which is a bit lacking in communicating that sometimes.

For all my considerable experience of isolation, I am still not particularly comfortable with it.. i am very aware that many of the people I previously associated with the UK are likely now to be either diagnosed, self-identified, or still not yet aware. So it is not like I have just woken up to this issue. I realised something decades ago, but still reckon that I am not entirely incompatible with others. I reckon I have considerable empathy with people who might be termed both NT and ND. OK, I am sure I am as full  of contradictions as both of those (perhaps rather tentative) stereotypes.; but they are still stereotypes that i am never likely to fully buy into.

Frankly, my solitary existence for many many years has left me finding lock-down a comparatively easy exercise; and yet I still feel increasingly isolated (in a negative sense).

As i still have supportive family in the UK, I would probably find it easier to communicate with folks in the' vicinity' of Somerset and Devon. It's still an area i really like, and I'm still quite well-informed about living and working in that area. I've been over there a few times in  recent years; and each time i have found it more than agreeable. ;-) I am also interested in updating my skills and beginning some form of third age employment. So people with exchangeable craft and social skills would be favored. (But with broad inclusivity definitely in mind, I'm pretty sure that would cover almost everyone who posts here.)

I won't re-introduce myself here, since my previous posts should be quite informative. (Previous PM respondents are definitely welcome.) I find this a constructive forum, with a lot of  enjoyable posts.

I'm sort of aware that my posts often end up being the 'kiss of string death' on topics here; but that might just only be because I usually post quite late. Constructive comments on posting behaviour are also welcome, however! ;-) Perhaps I am a lot more anti-social than I've ever realised; I still reckon I am not entirely so, though. Perhaps a bit too verbose!? ;-)

• We were supposed to be visiting Chester in mid April for a short break for the zoo and the Roman stuff in the city.     All cancelled,    Disappointed  

We'll try again later in the year.

• Well like I said I’ve just gone through the process so if you need any advice or have any questions or just want to chat out your concerns send me a private message (my settings allow anyone to contact me), 

I too love animals, today I was hand feeding Canada geese and a robin :) I love being able to interact with wildlife. 

• I'm finally feeling better. I want to have more time at home!

• Aye I very much am an animal lover! 
    Yes getting my own flat would be fantastic but there is an awful lot about it that scares me.

• Moving into your own flat will be liberating (I’ve just done it myself). I assume by your post you are an animal lover? 

• When lockdown ends the first thing Im going to do is go visit the Welsh Mountain Zoo. I had intended to go the day after lockdown was announced but obviously that ended up not happening. 
    Something else I want to do is book a hotel in Chester and take a couple of days to walk around Chester Zoo.

In the future I plan on moving into my own flat too. Lockdown cant end quickly enough.

• Lol yes I am glad that I stopped dying my hair few years ago and that it’s just long. I started trimming it myself ages ago so it’s one thing I don’t have to worry about now anyway. Yep keep those clippers away lol.

• Mine is to see family and also have some time alone. Maybe I can go for a drive now actually which would serve that purpose of being alone.

• To have my hair cut. Mine is like matted crazy string. I have had a go at cutting my fringe which now looks similar to when my mum used to cut it when I was about 5. My husband did say he could give me a haircut with his clippers. I quickly declined :-)