When Lockdown Ends - What next?

What's your #1 desire when things go back to normal?       Seeing friends?   Going shopping for no reason?     Sunbathing in the park?

I really NEED a McD Quaterpounder with Cheese and a Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin!  

Until then, I can make my own version......   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAbeBXAYztk

• Dont look for problems, look for solutions.

Greetings Finder-Of-Paths ... Of course that is correct. Thank You. I was reviving this Thread, and having a go at CurrysPCWorld in one go though. Ever since they merged, they have not been as efficient as they were when separate, but, well, hmf, um, bah, anyways...

I wanted to say most of all that I am reluctant to give Credit Card Details over the Telephone, thus I have never done that & do not intend to start... the day I give My Credit Card details over the Telephone will be the first day of the Week in which someone *else* then goes on to use said Card to run Me into debt, I think. I have seen this happen to Family Members of Mine and I do not want to follow that.

...I also wanted to have a go at M'local store -- they had *certain* items for Sale, so those would not be upon the Website anyway. And I mean certain weird generic Items, curiosities, fun-things, reduced-price, sale/used things... these would be hard if not at all available upon the Website. This is My fully explaining My "moan" there...

Thanks for the reply, though. (I want Linux pre-installed! Anyone Else? Anyone at All...?)

• I didn't really want lockdown to end.  I know its still technically on, but doesnt feel like it. I liked the collective support as people looked out for each other. I liked the quiet roads and skies. I liked how there was more wildlife. I liked how there was no pressure to go anywhere or see anyone.  The shops were quieter.  There wasn't mad consumerism as people could only buy essentials.

• That's nice, hopefully your anxiety will ease and you can enjoy a nice meal with your loved ones Slight smile

• I'm looking forward to having a meal (indoors!) at family members' houses. I'm very nervous about going out though, so I don't know how long it'll be before I'm comfortable with that (even after restrictions are lifted).

• I'll be just happy if my neighbours go back to their jobs. They're so noisy!

• When this is all over and restrictions are lifted I'm going to host another book club meeting straight away, and go for a swim in the sea which is something I did a lot. I have no hair so no need for a hair cut anymore. 

I also want to go for a bike ride. I use my grans old bike, it's awesome because it has a little basket and bell on it :) She and her mum rode it in WW2 when they went to the local hospital to help out.

• And yet you could ring up any computer shop and buy a computer over the telephone and pay for it with a credit card.

Scan.co.uk - 01204 474747 - Various laptops
    Ebuyer - 0371 521 33 00 - Various laptops for around £300
    Aria - 0161 248 1611 - Refurb Laptops for £250
    Dell - 0800-587-0420 Decent Spec laptops for £300
    LaptopsDirect - 0871 244 0934 Laptops from £160 to whatever you want to pay

Dont look for problems, look for solutions. Stuck out tongue

• the Quandary of Society currently encouraging Online Shopping, but in order to do Online Shopping One needs a Computer to do so, Yet One can only currently buy a Computer Online, in order to do said Online Shopping...? 

...Me again, anyone... finally logging in just to moan (!)... I requote Myself there, from almost a Month ago... Now certain Shops have re-opened slightly...

Currys/PCWorld (for Computers) has reopened... but *only* for the Collection of orders made Online.

(...At such thinking, Words fail Me, Insults arrive.)  Disappointed

• When lockdown ends I want to get out there and start living some more, enjoy the sunshine, see kids playing in the parks and the elderly sat outside together. I want to see all the nice things life has to offer.

• As much as I wanted everything back to normal, I'm still afraid that it will just lead to a bigger wave of infection. I think we just have to be more careful now.

• I don't get flaking, luckily, but I get extremely itchy sometimes. My sister used to ask if I had fleas. 

•  I also have T-Gel, ordered from Amazon, for my dry scalp. The flakes that came out of my hair wasn't even funny. But one dose of T-Gel and my hair is back to normal.

• I have a fantasy about travelling to an island and walking around it. Something like the Isle of man or the Isle of Wight. Just taking a week and carrying my stuff with me. I bet it would rain though.

Well done taking up the walkathon!

I never seem to do the things I imagine doing. I just waste my weekend wondering what to do, and by the time I've organised myself it's nearly Monday and back to work. 

• The Licensing Agency in Northern Ireland say that I'm still covered to drive, unless the Doctor throws a wobbly.

The accountant is onto the tax return form.

I had the Covid-19 test, for myself, last Wednesday at Craigavon MOT Centre. The result was negative. So relieved for that.

The diet is like a yo-yo. But tomorrow I intend to do chicken in the slow cooker. I must check to see if I still have stock cubes.

Also, I am two weeks into a walking challenge; until 10 September.

alpsltd.org/walkamillion

• Hello there.

My number one desire for when things go back to normal is watching brand new game shows or game show episodes. This lockdown has caused current game shows such as BBC's Pointless and ITV's The Chase to suspend filming. I do have Challenge TV with its classic game shows (Family Fortunes, Strike It Lucky etc.), but some of us would like to see new game shows, episodes, questions or whatever.

After all, any game show, whether it's current or classic, lifts people's spirits, even whilst self-isolating. I wouldn't mind having the live studio audience changed for a canned version (pre-recorded laughs, applause etc.), as the host, contestants and the production crew are effectively an audience themselves. Anyone that has heard of or watched the BBC game show Richard Osman's House Of Games might see what I mean by a 'canned' audience.

I do have other desires, but some buses and trains might have temporarily reduced seating (possibly 10 for single decks and 15 for double decks), thus making public transport even more difficult than it already is for me. Being 6 feet 5 inches tall, I struggle for legroom and comfort, especially on longer journeys.

I find dining out difficult anyway because of the noise and crowds, so I have my restaurant meals online-ordered for home delivery where possible, using the Just Eat service. Shopping will be more challenging because of the temporary restrictions (outside queues, closed changing rooms etc.), so I again turn to the internet.

• ...Me again. KFC is back, now, huzzah (!). But seriously--- 'when lockdown ends', I Myself will be glad not have to wear a Facemask so much anymore *only* because in this current hot weather whenever I breathe, it too often steams up My Spectacles & I cannot see anything... (!) 

Take it easy now and do not overstretch Yourself upon this Forum,   Mr. Plastic... I really mean that.  Slight smile

• We are lucky. Shops reopened two weeks ago. So have open lakes and parks. But the weather is now really miserable, no sign of balmy summer days on the beach yet!

Restaurants and cafes are reopening indoors dsy, but that is way too soon I suspect. The reason why there have been lockdowns is because Covid really is bad news. 

It was nice to be able to shop a little more though.