What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

More light hearted fun Slight smile 

What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

• That is such a strange coincidence! Almost like you've got some telepathic link to each other!

• You two have definitely got some kind of telepathic communication going on!

• And here's one to bake your noodle (quote from The Matrix).

One morning my wife and I wake at about the same time. The conversation goes like this:

Wife: "I had a strange dream last night!"

Me: "Me too. Tell me yours?"

W: "Well, I was being chased through a forest by some badgers!"

M: "OMG my dream had badgers in it too!"

W: "No but wait, these weren't normal badgers!"

M: "Why?"

W: "You'll never guess, it's so random!"

M: (Remembering my own dream, in which the badgers were brown rather than black & white) "Were they brown?"

W: "How the actual **** did you know that? Yes!"

Apparently we had both had dreams on the same night - different dreams - featuring brown badgers. 

• until the owls bent down and grabbed the trolls pulling their insides out through their mouths - at which point the trolls turned bright green and melted into a puddle

I can imagine this happening in one of my dreams!

• Your dream seems like it started off mostly normal then got a bit random at the end! I'm not surprised that you woke up slightly confused!

• Wow! Your dream certainly went off piste somewhere along the lines! I love the way that our unconscious slots 'really' random situations into our dreams! Just imagine a needle stick injury causing snakes to appear out of the wound!

On a serious note I do remember having a needle stick injury at work several years ago, it was from an unknown source so I had to go on the PEP treatment for a month afterwards, that is seriously nasty medication to take! I was given anti sickness meds to take concurrently and I really needed them! Luckily all my bloods came back clear after 3 and 6 months though so no long term harm done!!!

• Snakes....why'd it have to be snakes????

As it's been bumped - mine was fairly typical today - my wife and I had been invited to some corporate dinner event - we arrived early (naturally) and found the company was in financial trouble and nothing had been arranged - but something was being organised - could we wait.    We sat in reception as others arrived and figured out there weren't enough seats - so we made a bee-line and got ourselves comfortable on these large, square chairs.    The venue was moved to a massive farm house and, after lots of interaction, everyone was starting to take gentle recreational drugs.     I remember things getting a bid odd from there on - but I was very interested in the architecture of the building - old-fashioned but with ultra-modern touches on multiple levels.

We decided to leave - the way back to the road passed lots of outbuildings which had lots of interesting vintage stuff in them.   By the time I was at the road, I was with my daughter instead - she was carrying her falcon.    Just up the road was a touristy-type village and one of the shops had a couple of large owls sitting outside on a big tree stump.    A group of people came out of the trinket shop  - they were going to do a ceremony for a couple of little trolls - they were being given their own Fairy Door on the stump to their new home - everyone was pleased - until the owls bent down and grabbed the trolls pulling their insides out through their mouths - at which point the trolls turned bright green and melted into a puddle.

I woke up slightly confused.

• I had to come back to this thread with the dream I had last night!

I was helping some kind of charity by picking up and disposing of discarded hypodermic needles & syringes that were littering the gutters and drain covers on a road. But I was wearing sandles on my feet, so, predictably, I got jabbed in the big toe. After some discussion it was decided that, yes, I should get some emergency treatment, so off I went (I had to be quick as they were closing in 10 minutes!).

I eventually saw a GP around a dinner table. I had clumsily knocked over a bowl of large M&Ms, apologised and was picking them up & got told off a bit for wasting time. So the GP had a look at my toe which had only a small stab mark or two, and did some kind of operation. Suddenly, there were snakes of all sizes everywhere, and he pulled two snake/grub things about 2 inches long from inside my toe!

We all agreed it was a good job that I had gone for the emergency appointment, and the dream ended.

• I guess if we have the choice to stay in a happy world then it is best to do that. I'm not sure that I would want to stay in my dreams though, I've never really thought about it before tbh, hmm! food for thought!

• Yes I really enjoyed Inception. One thing that I remember being interested is quite philosophical - some of the characters were at a very deep level where a lifetime spent there equated to about a second in the "real" world, and there was something in the "real" world that was about to kill them if they didn't take action. I remember thinking - they are having a very nice life in that deep level and could by all impressions live out their lives happily there, so where does the imperative to act to stop the danger in the "real" world come from? Why does it matter? Why not just stay there being happy?

Another way to look at it is that we could all be dreaming and "about" to be killed in a "higher" "real" world in about 100 years of our time; should we care?

• That's really good to hear that they monitor you while you're 'under'. Well I guess it is a medical procedure of sorts and it does cause alternative states of consciousness so they have a duty to monitor your vital signs!

It sounds 'very' surreal!

• To be honest I was very sceptical before I was hypnotised.. never thought it would work on me but I would now recomend it to anyone just for the experience.. think it was about £120 per hour under clinical conditions.. very hospital like with a pulse click on your finger.. 

I don't know if I got anything out of it really but the experience was very surreal..!

• I think that I've had a couple of such dreams on the very rare occasion too. It almost 'feels' as if there are multiple layers of sleep and you come out of a deeper layer into a lighter layer of sleep!

I have seen the film inceptions. I enjoyed it. How about you?

• Did he have you wired up to a blood pressure/pulse machine or did he do a manual pulse while you were under hypnosis then? I guess that's a sensible thing to do to check that the welfare of your client is maintained. It just never occured to me that a hypnotist would do such a thing. 

• I'd heard of people having the occasional dream within a dream

This happens to me.I seem to remember only very recently having a dream in which I had a dream, woke, went to sleep the next night and had another dream referring to / continuing on from the first, then woke from both that dream and the original dream (i.e. up 2 levels into "reality").

What I also get though, is when fishing out memories like this, is not being able to pin it down and be sure that it happened at all, or I dreamed telling someone the story above and now falsely believe it happened!

Anyone on this thread seen the film "Inception"?

• Seem to remember him saying my heart beat dropped very quickly.. as he woke me I saw my dog jump onto my chest to wake me.. my dog wasn't actually there btw.. so I asked him about it and he said it was probably the thing I trusted most in the world.. he was absolutely right there.. I totally loved and trusted my dog.. 

• She’s ok. Thanks for asking!

• Fascinating! The blurred lines between the awake and sleep state!

Found this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_wave

Doesn't state why Delta sleep is dangerous though!

• My dreams are so real that I've taught myself not to fight or anything in them just incase I'm actually awake.. 

A good example would be about a week ago.. now I don't really have any controll over location but I woke myself up while on a tropical island.. there was a well stocked beach hut and some benches with parasols.. so I sat down.. after about 10 minutes I got bored and went and got some paper and a pencil and sat back down.. I then spent the next few hours doodling on the paper till I got bored then woke myself up.. 

Strange thing is.. when I sleep I never move.. I wake up exactly as I went to sleep and to be honest I hate the thought of my duvet not being like I left it when I went to sleep.. I also  feel totally refreshed and like I've had the best sleep ever..

I was hypnotised a few years back and was told I went into a very dangerous delta sleep that he had to wake me from.. don't really know what that means as I've never researched it but either way I really do love to sleep..