What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

More light hearted fun Slight smile 

What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

• You might have to reminde me later - now I've seen your reply, not doubt my notifications will disappear, and I might forget! I will try, but nudge me if I dont.

• Oh my goodness! All of those false waking ups must have made that dream really scared!!!

• I experience deja vu, not so much now as when I was younger but I do still get it, though not related to dreams. It is odd when it occurs though!

• Has anyone here experienced deja vu? Sometime I feel that I have dreamt something that has been so very similar to what's happening in that moment it feels like a genuine memory, sometime I feel like it's impossible to be so specific in my recollection. 

• I forget most of my dreams but I do remember vividly a dream I had about 6 years ago I was renovating an old building I was living in at the time and that particular night I was clearing out the attic which was huge with no lighting just a lamp on an extension cable and being late I decided to just sleep on the old sofa left up there I fell asleep only to be woken up by the sofa that I was on sliding across the floor i was then drawn to a feeling of something in the dark corner of the far end to the attic I panicked and woke up only to find that, that something in the far corner had come closer and the sofa moved again so I panicked even more and woke up, I realised I had still been dreaming the lamp was still on and I started to feel calm then the light bolb blows and I'm in the dark, then and only then I manage to wake up for real. 

• Sorry for the late reply to yourself and IDWCC. The two of you seemed to be happy chatting amongst yourselves so I didn't like to interrupt. You both seem as though you have very vivid, life like, my I say entertaining dreams! How has the dream scape been this week?

• This seems rather distressing, seeing the same person's face or multiples of them most of the time whether in real life or when sleeping! Who is this person who is haunting you so? Are these dreams caused by medication or is this your natural dream state?

• Greetings. Threads about Dreams do not seem to last long upon this Forum, there are a lot of them. But If it is alright, I shall add from Myself, that Dreams where I dream about seeing the same person all of the time, and/or multiple versions of the same person at once... that can get a bit grating. I should say that I do not like it. Just that one face... endlessly... and then they are there in real life also... pfui...  (!)

• I hope you’ve recovered from the dream now? 

If I do dream then I remember it, I think the Nytol stops me from dreaming!

• It was certainly entertaining and I woke up in a funny (maybe a bit anxious & a bit confused) mood! 

I don't know how Nytol works - maybe you just don't remember the dreams but still have them?

• That was an interesting story/dream, I want to say that I enjoyed reading about it but did you enjoy dreaming it?

Since I’ve been taking Nytol at night, I rarely dream anymore and when I do it’s relatively short lived. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?!

• Well this one was.....weird .....

Last night had me dreaming that I was on some kind of cultural exchange visit to a fairly poor part of Florida or somewhere similar. I was being shown around a small caravan in which my host family lived. Then we went out on a road trip, and whilst out for a walk in a field I noticed a dead fox roll down a small bank onto a road. As I was telling someone about it, another dead fox followed it. We investigated a bit, and suddenly there was the biggest snake I've ever seen, and it started chasing me. All I had to defend myself with was a blowtorch on a stick (like you use for clearing weeds) and I pointed it at the snake's head on full blast, but the snake kept coming. Eventually the blowtorch was in the snake's mouth, and I could see the fire through its flesh, but it kept coming. This went on for a while until I turned the flame off so that the snake filled with gas, then re-ignited it so that the snake exploded. I was then covered in snake guts. Then we are on some railway tracks and there's a train coming, and the train tracks suddenly exist on the roof rack of a van and two young men are fooling about on the roof of the van. I tell them to move quickly as the rails turn into sharp blades and I know they will be cut to bits when the train (which isn't a train anymore but an undefined mechanical threat) arrives. Then I'm in a nearby field with my wife, and a drone powered with artificial intelligence turns up to look at us, threatens us with a circular saw attachment, seems not to be able to decide whether to attack us properly or not, and them makes a threatening shape at us and goes off to find the men on the roof of the van. Finally, we are in a small portacabin having been chased by a baby rhino which is now crashing through the glass of the door. I urge someone with a gun (who might have been my dad) to shoot it, and they finally fire about 6 rounds into its neck at zero range. I sob my heart out over the dead rhino, and in the dream I'm amazed at the strength of emotion which is more than anything I've felt in years.

• That’s an interesting dream! Lots of different things in the dream all together. It amazes me how our unconscious mind manages to make up all these stories and sequences that we experience as dreams!

• Had the bath been playing up at all or was it just stress coming to the surface in your dream?

• I dreamt I lived near an airport and was looking out from my window towards the control tower as a helicopter took off.  As it took off, the control tower fell down, hitting the helicopter and sending it out of control.  The helicopter crashed onto a golf course near the airport and a golfer ran to the helicopter and pulled the pilot out, but the pilot was a doll. 

Another golfer shouted out ' who is it' to which the reply came 'it's Charlie Chaplin'!  Then as I got an aerial view of the scene of a Charlie Chaplin doll next to the wreck of the helicopter I awoke.

I had that dream many years ago and could not make head nor tail of it, of seemed so real at the time.

• Classic stress dream   Smiley

• Yes - my dreams are always entertaining - the problem is they feel 110% real with smells & tastes and textures and don't delete on waking like normal dreams - they load in as real memories - placing themselves in a fake history file that gets very confusing.

The very end of one a couple of days ago was helping my friend move house with a bunch of other friends - we were piling all his stuff up in boxes in the car park of the local woods and I remember joking about sticking a tarp over the pile as a tent and he could move in - as I was walking back to the truck, one of his female friends walked past me and her perfume was really strong but really nice - breathtaking almost - which woke me up with a start.   Another fake, but very real memory.

• What a thoroughly entertaining dream! I wonder if it's about choices (cris-crossing tracks), fear of getting it wrong (getting squished,explosions), and then a message from your subconscious that, actually, you can have both or don't need to choose (yet)?

• I've had lots and lots of weird dreams in my past,  most were a combination of anxieties about the future,  mixed with past experiences and whatever I've watched on TV the night before.

Last night's was a new one. Not entertaining,  just plain weird.

I dreamt that one of the water taps on my bath had fallen through the bath, and I had moved it to the other side of the bath and I was hoping that the landlord wouldn't notice it on his three monthly inspection. 

• I had a matching one with my daughter last week - the bulk of it was based in an underground tube station which was more like a multi-storey car park - lots of concrete pillars and the trains were more like trams - the rails were embedded in the floor and there were lots of them  so you had to be careful about where you stood and walked in case a train was coming and you had to squeeze against the wall to avoid getting squashed.   The trains were all miniature - like the ones they use in mines so you could see over the top of them as they went by.     Daughter said she had an almost identical dream so we tried to think of somewhere where we might have experienced something similar - couldn't find a shared experience.

Today's dream for me was I was working at some modern company's offices - in Europe - surrounding countryside was very flat so maybe Netherlands - I had been around the local shopping centre so had a trolley of stuff that needed to go through all the complicated security at the front - but I went across the atrium and the exit doors opened so I went in there and down the corridor to the changing room area.    I was chatting to all the people there before going into my lab where I was developing an ultra-low yield nuclear device in the concrete bunkers.    I had set this thing up for a test in the future but it went off when I'd just gone outside and closed all the blast doors so I was the nearest to it on detonation - separated by only about ten feet of concrete.    I remember all sorts of people doing calculations and measurements to see if I was going to die from the exposure - but it turned out I'd got it so precisely correct that I was just under the threshold of injury.     

For my huge technical breakthrough, I was to be presented with some award from the king - but in the palace reception hall, the prince was also introducing his fiance to the house - but the were two women in wedding gowns - when asked which one he was going to marry, he answered both and all three sat on the thrones -  I remember thinking 'How modern' as I woke up.