What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

More light hearted fun Slight smile 

What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

• I have remembered another strange dream that I had about three years ago. At the time, I had a part time fixed term position in a legal firm as a Business Support Assistant. I grew to despise the job after three months because of the backstabbers I had to work with as well as the soul-destroying work I had to do. However I stayed with them until the end of my contract, I wasn't going give them the satisfaction of beating me.

About halfway through my contract, I had a dream where I was walking through the offices at my place of work in slow-motion, apathetically, as the place went up in flames around me and everyone else was running around (At a normal speed) in an absolute panic.

Has anyone else had a dream like this?

• I have a lot of very weird dreams. 

I’ve had an entire dream in lego, like lego animations. I don’t remember the content, just that everything was lego, including the people and myself. 

I’ve also had an entire dream I’m cartoon form. Again I can’t remember the content but I remember it was all cartoon. 

I have reoccurring anxiety dreams where i’m running away from crowds of people who throw threaded needles at me, these needlesright through me, the threads get tangled up inside me when I try to pull them out. One time I woke up with a start because in the dream I was trying to pull needles and their threads out through my mouth, but all the threads got tangled around my heart and I was pulling and pulling till I felt my heart dislodge and then I woke up. 

I once had a very, very strange dream where my dad was a packet of peppers.... The bag of peppers were sat on the sofa and the packet was talking to me in my dad’s voice. We were having an argument. 

Just the other night I dreamt that I was stranded somewhere and couldn’t get home. So I was walking around trying to find a way to get home. I came across this woman who recognised me and she said she knew someone who could give me a lift home. So i stood with her and waited. Then round the corner came this black three wheeler car, careening round rather fast. My first thought within the dream was,’wtf’ and then it pulled up because it turned out it was the car I was getting home in. But what was even weirder was that the driver was a priest and two nuns were squashed up in the back seat, and then I squeezed in next to the nuns. The three wheeler had no windows and the priest was an erratic driver. We went through dirt roads and the nuns and I got caked in mud. 

Very strange, I’m not catholic and i’ve Got not history with Catholicism. Also the priest never did drive me home, he just dropped me off somewhere else unknown. 

• I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

I had a terror / horror themed one myself that was experientially real about ten or so years ago.

I was seriously legging it with an eight year old male child running ahead of me from a mansion house during a full moonlit night, with me serving as an obstruction to protect the child from a humanoid werewolf that was chasing us, but the werewolf with a single swipe of one set of its claws separated my head, neck, left shoulder and arm from the rest of my body!

It was really weird seeing my body separate into two bits from the centre of my chest!

This kept on happening over and over and over again from the same point not too unlike a computer game restarting from the last save point, where each attempt involved me having to make strategic improvements to stop the werewolf getting the child ~ in order that he could get beyond the perimeter of the mansion grounds and make it to safety.

I got slashed apart nearly thirty times before I was able to work out at what point and in what way to yell at the child to make him run faster so that I could also work out at what point to leap forward, dig both my heels into the ground and in such a way as to spring back forcefully enough to effectively body brunt the werewolf and knock it asunder.

Successfully after bringing the werewolf down, and after it having painfully torn me to bits again, the dream continued not from the middle of the garden lawn, but this time as escaping from the mansion house itself by way of a side window door, and it was just a case thereafter of further obstructing the werewolf, as it became apparent it was only chasing after me, so I did not need to be concerned about the child ~ but more with hindering and avoiding the beast itself.

At the point of realising this I got a sense that the child had made it out of the mansion grounds, and was safe with armed special forces types in full on body army with suitable weaponry who were surrounding the property, meaning that the mansion’s perimeter boundary was this dream’s “Ring Pass Not!” for the werewolf, at very least and me too as it turned out.

As I worked my way further into the mansion house death by death, which was in rather an extensive state of disrepair and seriously thick with dust, there were zombies lumbering round and about inside that were easy to deal with individually using martial arts, yet getting surrounded by them involved dream restarts again after they had bitten off enough chunks of me. So those events were not fun, and I did wonder during one of these many maulings who in my genetic history had been eaten for this sort of thing to be an experiential part of ‘my’ dream.

The zombies only though noticed me if they saw me move or I made noises such as making floor boards and doors creak or by knocked things over, and I found in addition that I could use the zombies as obstacles to burl in the way of the werewolf when they lifted a foot to step forward, and I also discovered that the more I avoided the zombies the less the werewolf was able to find me.

I spent a very great deal of time hiding in rooms observing the zombies walking about though holes in the wall, long enough to realise it was night time all the time in this dream. I also pondered if I was reliving seizures through the deaths I was experiencing, or perhaps that I had in fact died and this was my purgatory for however long. I went through stages of dealing with everything being a problem solving exercise, to having completely and utterly a resigned sense of hopelessness. I even tried just throwing myself at and offering myself to the zombies and the werewolf over and over again in order to end the dream, only none of that worked either.

Whilst creeping about though the halls and hiding in the large mansion house rooms I became increasingly aware that I needed to urinate ~ with the associated dilemma of potentially wetting the bed if I did! I had died at least a hundred plus times without waking up and the urge to go to toilet had gotten irresistible, so when I happened across a room with a toilet in it, despite it obviously having not worked in however many decades in terms of having no water and plenty of dust and few bits of ceiling plaster in it, I decided ‘what the hay!’ ~ the place was a complete dump, but one must maintain one’s standards and all that, so I went about the required business in the toilet seriously hoping I would not in so doing wet the bed!

The moment though I was urinating at full flow was the moment when the werewolf smashed in through the door, and I just started laughing in one of those swashbuckling bravado kind of ways at having been caught in such a predicament ~ and that was when I woke up and found much to my relief that I had not really needed the toilet, and that I had finally at long long long long last gotten out of that seemingly until then relentless dream of dreams or nightmare of nightmares!

I took the child running ahead of me to represent the projection of my childhood fears into my adult life, as involving the hope of protection from the periodic hounding and constant hassling of others to become and be like them, and at the same time needing to learn that being anxious and fearful about that just attracts them, whilst being calm about it allows better coping methods with them ~ and laughing about it in private was more effective than getting “urinated” off with it all, sort of thing. And I took the derelict mansion house to represent the institution of society whilst operating under the survival of the fittest delusion ~ that exaggerates examples in nature, rather than following natural selection as an all inclusive developmental process that is in it’s myriad ways more healthily exemplified in nature as a whole.

• *BUMP*

I always dreamed that I was able to fly—no explanation as to why I had those dreams.

By the way, I informed the NAS office at Carryduff to postpone my application to the social group with NAS due to the enormous waiting list; plus, I know Belfast well enough though Meetups.

• I've actually had a similar experience to this myself. but with Bubble shooter! I went through a phase of playing bubble shooter loads a couple of years ago. I used to play on it in the evenings right up until I went to bed. Every night when I was just falling asleep, I'd get bubble shooter in my head!! I don't know if you enjoyed your Lara Croft dream?  But I wasn't too keen on having a head full of coloured pixelated bubbles every night!

• Perhaps not quite what you mean but about 20 years ago I got injured and had to take some time off to do very little for a while, as I was getting really bored someone kindly lent me a portable television, a PlayStation (the original one) and a load of games. I went from never having played a video game before to playing nonstop. I got really hooked on the likes of Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Lara Croft Tomb Raider. I was finding it really difficult to sleep at this point and having games to play just made the insomnia worse, to the point where I was playing all day and right through the night; eventually when I did start to sleep I would have Tomb Raider style dreams, I can't quite remember the dreams and I didn't think I was the Lara Croft character it was just that they were all really pixelated like I had been dropped down into the world of the game. It wasn't a one off it was all dreams at that time and went on for a little while after I stoped playing the games. I haven't had any kind of dream like that before or since but they were the most vivid dreams I've ever had and the most aware I've ever been in dreams. 

Not dreams with a weird story but definitely my weirdest dreams. 

• The first dream seems quite funny! The second dream seems quite useful! What do you design?

• That must be, very frustrating!

• Smiley

Still annoyed and agitated - it loads as a real memory so as far as my brain is concerned, it really happened so all the feelings are justified.    It's just that I know it didn't happen.

• I have a lot of super vivid dreams too. Some nightmares, some really in depth stories and some just very weird

A few nights ago, just before waking up i dreamt i looked outside and saw a vulture climb on the back of a goose, and then hitch a ride on the gooses back as it waddled round the street!

Also, i work as a designer (relevant to the story) and after being stuck on a project all day, i went to sleep that night and dreamt a solution to my dilema. Next morning went to work, tested my dream solution and voila! Project sorted

• Maybe you've got so used to flicking through the channels on the TV to try to find something decent to watch that it's transferred to your dreams and now you're flicking through your dreams too? It does seem a bit confusing though! You need to somehow communicate to your unconscious to put the remote control down! I hope that you've recovered from it now?

• It's interesting how things get all crossed over in our dreams!

• Night before last, in a super high dream and approaching a colleague in the office and talking to them as if they are my long lost mother.  I will not elaborate to protect me but in explaining it to others they are absolutely creasing themselves laughing at the thought of this.

• So I was running 3 dreams in parallel this morning - flicking randomly between them - one was I had been put on some game show where they investigated your life - like going through all your books and breaking into your car - I had been entered into the game by an uncle I don't like.   It turned out that my collection of reference books had them stumped and they use an identical stunt-car to frighten you into thinking your car was damaged.

Another was I was trying to find an excellent sandwich shop in an industrial estate - but the place had been redeveloped and all the signs were wrong so I couldn't find the place.   The local map was incorrect and no-one knew where the place was.

The third was I was involved with putting on a circus show and the huge tent didn't seem to have a roof - like an amphitheatre for 5000 kids - and the people doing the show had decided to drag me into the show and I was going to get soaked with their big water stunt.    I was not impressed.

The whole thing was getting me annoyed with people - very fed up with idiots and not wanting to engage with all these tos****.     I still feel agitated by it all 12 hours later.    Grrrr.    It's loaded as a real set of memories and it's still bugging me.

• Wow!

I have to say, that I think this thread completely disproves the healthcare and education professionals out there who claim that imagination is impaired in Autistic people, I actually had to correct one such person about this only a couple of weeks ago! While our social imagination may not be the greatest, our imagination per se clearly knows no bounds!

• :-) I still have a ghost notification from the other week, I can see it but it's not actually there!

• Just remembered! Very weird one for me this week, it was a bit disjointed and I'm not sure I'll get the bits in the right order but:

I was talking to someone who had been a victim of racism, about racism. Then I had been kidnapped and imprisoned by a powerful woman (I wasn't enjoying it!) and escaped through a window into a shopping mall, naked, and had to ask for help / explain what was going on before I got "caught" again. Then the action shifts to my own home (I think) where an evil young man was holding many people hostage. I decided to try to overpower him and was doing OK, just as my wife got home to see me grab a hammer to try to hit him over the head as he was trying to get me in a head lock from behind. Unfortunately I missed and hit myself on the head, and I felt and heard my skull crack. Then I was in an ambulance on the way to hospital, chatting to the ambulance driver about emergency response driving techniques.

????

• It seems like when you’ve been spending too much time on one thing, your brain has to dream about it to help you to process all of the information about it. Your most recent dreams certainly seem very ‘interesting’! Will the dreams change if you start watching something else?

• When I spend too much time on a particular task (looking at you Factorio) I tend to dream about it and sort of get stuck in a loop, similar to fever dreams when you're ill.

I don't usually watch a lot of Anime, but over this past few days I've been binge watching Attack on Titan (pretty enjoyable if you give it a chance), so that's led to some fantastical and downright weird dreams of 15m naked dudes running around trying to eat everyone.