How do you find your happiness?

Hi

When you feel like that depression is settling in, and this is it.

How do you find that happiness?

How do you find the power to see another day?

When depression hugs you and says, “this is what you deserve and this is where you belong” how do you say, “no I deserve better”

What helps you?

• How do you find the power to see another day?

My husband needs me. So does my dog. They're the constants. 

It's so, so hard to shake off the deep abyss of depression and there's been times I've stood right on the edge of the cavern, about to get sucked in, but something always brings me back.

This time last year, more or less, I was having a breakdown. I didn't think my work was going right and I'd just moved into a home I'd bought from a developer off plan that we ended up hating pretty quickly. It was nothing like what we expected; what we'd been promised. I almost made the mistake of quitting my job and upturning my entire life because I couldn't see a way out.

I felt like a failure and that these repeated episodes of misery made my life a waste.

In the end, I just accepted this was my job, the pay was OK, I'm good at what I do, and I don't actually like change and upheaval. I made peace. We resigned to put the house on the market once we were able to do so, and my manager agreed to let me become a remote employee when I explained my mental health and OCD was overwhelming - then shortly after I got a formal diagnosis of Asperger's.

I suddenly had things to look forward to and to plan for; a purpose. And it brought me back.

• No, my dad is one person I’ve seen and were brought up by. Who I believe is Jesus Christ I haven’t seen which is why I say “I believe,” I believe in Christ through spiritual experiences.

Please don’t be full of profanity and mockery, perhaps you should learn what “and” means.

”my dad and/+ who I believe is Jesus Christ.”  dad + Jesus Christ = 2 beings, you think I have 2 dads, talk about mind blowing. My mind is blown that you think 1 human has 2 biological dads.

• I'm no biblical scholar but I thought JC was a virgin. But if he did sow his seed and reap a harvest.. does that mean Daniel is c. 2000 years old? If so wow!

HOLD THE PHONE!

ASD has a genetic element, so does this mean there is a good chance JC was autistic?

MY MIND IS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN RIGHT NOW.

• I read it like that to Thinking 

• I would like this more if I could. Especially your attribution... very noble

• I find happiness and joy in my dad and who I believe is Jesus Christ

I'm not sure if I am misreading or you mis-wrote, or something else, but are you saying you believe your dad is Jesus Christ?

• Seeing a full mouse trap at the end of a tough day. (RIP Sean Lock)

• I find happiness and joy in my dad and who I believe is Jesus Christ and by living the gospel.
    Note, I’m not trying to make you religious, just letting you know my religion makes my life enjoyable.

• I find my happiness in the things that make me happy ha. So you know like in my toys, my art, my family who I love to bits.

When I was low I did find it hard to see in each day but in the end I realised I was wasting my life away so I started finding things to enjoy and I'd also write down good things that had happened that day, so like if I saw a bird or if the sun came out or if I heard a good song :) I found doing little things like that made a big difference for me.

• I work because I need to,. I goto work for a holiday from life. 

Sweat smile

100%!! 

• Yeah this is like me now. If I don't work I get board dipressed and just life as being as sucky and pointless there's a reason why jobs suck and that's cause they make you able to appreciate the rest of your own life better.

• I work because I need to,. I goto work for a holiday from life. 

mine is play guitar.. or diazepam.. keep myself busy with a depression change music list I’ve made.. works every time! A large amount of system of a down to get me hyped and then some deftones to bring me back down.. five finger death punch for another of hate. :-) works every time 

• Having a job and purpose I guess. Helps me appreciate my free time more. If your just playing Xbox all day or doing a hobby day eventually what you use to enjoy feels like work in the end so you almost need work to balance out that cycle. I've been much happier and been able to enjoy things I didn't use again since starting work. So having purpose I guess brings me happiness.  Doing the same thing every day though causes depression I realise that now. Also traveling and seeing the world getting tattoos etc. 

• I also (somewhat) prepare for it by having a trello.com board with projects I would like to do so even thought I am will not be able to face anything large I can use the time in a positive way.

A friend of mine keeps Lego kits stashed away for the same reason.

I also eat a lot of cake and cake based products while there too.

• Having experiences depression throughout my life I mainly attempt to remember that it is only temporary state and I try not to give my self a hard time while there.  

• Faith; for me.

Also, trying to develop a routine; as well as healthy boundaries.

Time is a double-edged sword for me, as I don't have a job. Therefore, appointments aren't suited to me. I'm powerless over the time-constraints of others.