Had to create a new account

I lost the new password I created last night, so I had to login with my Google Account. (plus, I was afraid of being accused of trying to brute-force my own account)

• If different phones are behaving differently, this is probably because of differences in the browsers and/or settings being used. Obviously we aim to support as many different devices as possible, but there are always settings that will affect key features of any site.

If you are looking for differences between your devices, this site may be helpful:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

It gives you the key settings and versions for some of the major relevant features.

The password reset feature should email you with a verification code that will allow you to choose a new password. We are unable to send you the old password because, for security reasons, it is normal to store passwords in an encrypted form that we cannot read, and therefore cannot put into an email.

• That is interesting how sign in on one phone is different.

You've made me laugh with Phillip K Dikkus. I think you've set the new standard of how to cope with this minor problem of name censorship.

• And guess what. When I asked the system to send me my forgotten password I was told some mar ellozs new error had come up!!!

• Well we live in hope. But maybe your system doesn't like Huawei phones as said. I will try and ask for my old password though

• Well this is even weirder. I can sign in on old Xiaomi, in fact I have remained signed in since yesterday, but am barred from doing so on my Huawei. Is this some kind of blacklisting of Huawei too? 

Yep, this is about allusions to Phillip K Dikkus.

• I hear your frustration. I am also a fan of simple, working programs. Over-complication has been a blight on many a good program/system.

"Maybe I will now be downgraded to a Nexus4" < is this a Phillip K Dicke reference, or have I now confused myself?

[I have misspelled his surname because his surname is censored. I'm nearly crying with laughter. Oh dear.]

• - We'll look into the PNGs. We do restrict attachments, because of course they can pose a risk to users as much as to the system, but common image types should be allowed, including those. The setting has not changed in this new forum design.

• Thank you calmerchameleon, but must say it sounds like more trouble than it's worth. This kind of thing drives me up the wall!!!!!! It is impossible to remember all these stupid characters in a new password!

I can't use either of my laptops to get on Skype for example because lovely Microsoft in their infinite wisdom, insist on wanting more verification to prove that I am me and not an imposter and send me endless, useless codes that still won't let me access my account. That's on the Windows laptop. Endless created an update that has stopped Skype from working altogether. Not even changing my password helped, which I have now forgotten, so once my phone's given up the ghost it's bye bye old ID on Skype too. 

Start with simple system, then make it ten times more complicated and unworkable, and about as easy to access as K's inaccessible castle in the wonderful world of Kafka. All because of humans and the love of crime or the need to control everyone aka big brother. 

Maybe I will now be downgraded to a Nexus4.

I got in again using snoopy old Google. 

• (...nmwrftwimble... sniffle... I just tried this from another Thread... and I still cannot log out! I only get logged out if I do not post for a couple of days! 

NAS - sort out Us Tablet Users, please!!)

My Apologies to Mr Adie. But I have to go, now. (Temporarily, preferably.)

• If you were not previously registered using the email address linked to your Google account, this would be a different registration. You can sign in with the email address that we have for you, and then update that address - provided that the new address is not already registered to one of our sign-in accounts.

• I logged in using my Google Account.

• If you have forgotten your new password, as described by in starting this thread, you should be able to use the password reset to regain access to your account. This will only work if you have created a sign-in on this new system.

To maintain access to your previous discussion posts and so on, just use the same email address as before when creating that sign-in. There is more information on the help page linked to the sign-in screen.

Until you have created a sign-in for your email address, the password reset will not work.

Hope this helps, but do ask if not clear.

• I'm in the same boat! 

Maybe I can reset my password though

• There is no little profile picture at the top right hand corner of the page on my tablet when I'm logged in! 

My account wasn't recognized when I tried to log in and I also had to resort to 're-creating my account. I can log in and out using a button at the bottom of the screen but my profile details have dropped off the bottom. Very frustrating!

I wish they had kept this website in the form it was when I originally joined (version before the last one) - it was much easier to use!

• in mean time simply cut n paste this url into the url box 

community.autism.org.uk/logout

• u can only insert .gif files.

for example i generally use .png images but these now produce an error 

• Hi

I've had a look, and found that @Plectrum and are registered with different, but similar, email addresses. Unfortunately, it's not possible to know whether two similar addresses belong to the same individual, or separate people, so the system treated the second address as a new one. Hope this helps. I can send separate emails to the two addresses if that would help?

• To both Chloe and Mr WebPM...  The Icon used to be top-right, but now it is not. I can access My Profile, but *still* cannot sign out. As I said, it does not scroll down and the bottom Menu disappears off the bottom of the screen.

Also... I have tried about 8 times now, to post the picture of what I mean, but it seems like I can no longer post pictures whilst stuck like this.

( Glad Tidings to All Good Folk reading anyway...(!)  )

• and I can look up myself as Plectrum as if it's another person :-(    Sad.