Had to create a new account

I lost the new password I created last night, so I had to login with my Google Account. (plus, I was afraid of being accused of trying to brute-force my own account)

Parents
  • For those who find this and are in the same position, here is how I got through this - and kept my username and all its activity/profile/stats etc.

On the sign in page, scroll down and look for 'create an account'

Click 'create account'

Use/input the email address you already use

For the password - you may need to pick a new password if your current one does not fit the new criteria (at least one of all the following: upper case letter character, lower case letter character, numeric character, special character)

Go through the short verify process [it seems to explain that easily, I found at least]

Then it's done - and your old username in tact

That's how it was for me.

• Thank you calmerchameleon, but must say it sounds like more trouble than it's worth. This kind of thing drives me up the wall!!!!!! It is impossible to remember all these stupid characters in a new password!

I can't use either of my laptops to get on Skype for example because lovely Microsoft in their infinite wisdom, insist on wanting more verification to prove that I am me and not an imposter and send me endless, useless codes that still won't let me access my account. That's on the Windows laptop. Endless created an update that has stopped Skype from working altogether. Not even changing my password helped, which I have now forgotten, so once my phone's given up the ghost it's bye bye old ID on Skype too. 

Start with simple system, then make it ten times more complicated and unworkable, and about as easy to access as K's inaccessible castle in the wonderful world of Kafka. All because of humans and the love of crime or the need to control everyone aka big brother. 

Maybe I will now be downgraded to a Nexus4.

I got in again using snoopy old Google. 

• I hear your frustration. I am also a fan of simple, working programs. Over-complication has been a blight on many a good program/system.

"Maybe I will now be downgraded to a Nexus4" < is this a Phillip K Dicke reference, or have I now confused myself?

[I have misspelled his surname because his surname is censored. I'm nearly crying with laughter. Oh dear.]

• That is interesting how sign in on one phone is different.

You've made me laugh with Phillip K Dikkus. I think you've set the new standard of how to cope with this minor problem of name censorship.

Reply Children
No Data