* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

• that is just beautiful ! when it came up i couldnt speak for 5-10 seconds i am just looking :)

• With all these things, it takes a bit of time to find the right person to ask - but then it's easy - just say please and things fall into place.   

The Disney thing is unavailable since they had a crash a couple of years ago - Disney employees only now.  Disappointed

• oh you're so annoying ! i'm only joking.

but u must have a good persuasive technique/charm about you. 

do u wear a badge with the words "Boss" on it ? how do you do it ?

• I got to drive the Disney Monorail too.... Smiley

• Very stressful - but definitely an experience!

• They are amazing aren't they?

Slight smile

• Wow!! Lucky you. I bet that was a lot of fun for you Slight smile

• woooo u lucky so and so . 

• i do prefer steam but i still love a train :)

• I asked if I could have a ride in the cab of a train - but I ended up driving a train load of unsuspecting commuters into London under the supervision of an instructor - quite thrilling!  Smiley

• Me too - I memorise all the reg plates of cars in my family - all of them over the last 50 years!  Smiley

• I like driving. I find it stressful sometimes but overall peaceful, it's very nice watching the scenery go by and at times you can see some incredible sights and places.

To me a car is a car and I don't have a favorite but I did used to have a favorite train - the first great western:

I love the sound these high speeds make and used to find the colours on them appealing. Other than old steam trains they are my favorite train.

• this is awesome stuff. I cantI  believe you were so good !  I was never that good.

I have never thought about being as good as or better or worse than someone else ~ when in this instance the awesome thing is the shared interest in skateboarding sort of thing.

I had to make my own decks, I couldnt actually buy one,  and then attach the trucks and wheels both imported.

I made my first freestyle deck using a plank and two blocks of wood for the wheels and trucks, but I did not do much with it as it got mistaken for scrap wood and burnt.

My very first skateboard was a cheap-jack one ~ that I upgraded bearings first, wheels second, trucks third and board last ~ which I trimmed down to become my second freestyle deck, with wooden blocks again for the trucks and wheels.

All of the board upgrades involved mail order to begin with, being that there were no local skateboard shops, but then one opened in the nearest city with all the appeal of the skateable architecture and a ramp park too! There was an up to vert 16 foot wide eight foot transition ramp ~ long deceased (about 1990 I think) with its decaying skeleton photographed as follows:

Then there was the twenty four foot wide one with ten foot transitions, which looked like this from up top ~ with Steve Cabellero in 1988.

www.facebook.com/.../

And a side view of both ramps as they were around 1989 perhaps:

www.facebook.com/.../

The big vert one was the first ramp I ever dropped in on and my body was seriously seriously frightened by the prospect, but I really wanted to go for it so I did and the transmutation of fear into drive and purpose took over and I did my first backside fifty-fifty grind on a ramp too ~ which overwhelmed me as I had not thought at all about what I was going to do once I got up to or out of the other side!!! 

Basically I did a backside rail grab during the fifty-fifty, and then once I ran out of momentum ~ I  pulled in and knee-slid (fully padded of course) back down the transition, and me and my body were just so avidly excited thereafter to do more on both sides of the ramp, as many times as possible!

Getting backside fifty-fifties was really really easy though as I just had to ride the transition and feel for the grind and stay in the ramp sort of thing, but working out how to get into frontside fifty-fifties was really really difficult at first ~ as I wanted to stay in the the ramp more horizontally but needed to get upright vertically on top of the platform.

I actually had to learn to do a rear five-0 pivot to tail before I could get the gist of actual frontside fifty-fifty grind, which really motivated me as learning to do things by doing additional things in the mean time was such a bonus.

I just love looking at skateboard wheels I have no idea why ? :)

The shape, colour and graphics of the wheels as being collectable sets of organized function ~ along with their direct associations with the bearings, trucks, boards and mountings and what can in unity be done with them aspirationally and inspirationally has a very particular appeal I think.

It good to see the freestyle sport making it into the olympics which by the way from the qualifiers is going to be the highlight ( sky brown ). I now watch skatebaorders on TV which I enjoy, they like you are so skilled I marvel at what I am seeing.  

When you stated about freestyle skateboarding making it into the Olympics ~ I was not sure if you meant this type of freestyle:

As made famous by Rodney Mullen and then as got incorporated into street and ramp skating involving the flips and all that, so I googled the Olympics thing and found the following, with a young lady (Bryce Wettstein from 0:56) who has a very similar skating technique to that of myself (essentially old-school with the rail grab and foot plant trick to disaster at 1:02), apart from having a very relaxed style compared to mine as I skated hard, heavy and fast. And oddly enough, the next rider (Tristan Rennie 1:09:) did also the sort of things I did, aside from the flip grab (1:30) as I was more into doing early grabs and extensions stuff and not so much flips: 

I do not so much marvel at the skaters but feel more excited for them in being able to use the  facilities that they have these days ~ I mean oh my whole life wow the transitions and coping lines and lengths of the California Skateparks Training Facility pool complex is completely and utterly amazing!

Watching it all has me reliving my experiences and enjoying thier's too as they get to skate my idea of what skatepark seventh heaven is.

Then there are heavenly places like this too as perhaps the sixth heaven:

Which has from time to time little angels such as Sky Brown doing tuck knee indie grabs like this:

www.youtube.com/watch

Bless not just the airborne division and may all their grinds be long and their transition lines verily smooth! Grinning

• ...I notice that the "crashed Prius" Picture here has (so far) gained no Votes... I could vote it up, but *cough* I do have a sort of persistent cough going on *cough cough Splutter* preventing that... so, instead, I here post a picture of a Prius being run over by a TANK (apparently.)... n'yeeeeeeeessss...

...But I did say that I do - SERIOUSLY! - respect the Engineering of a Prius, so here is another Pic:

...The flat backside of these things, as I said, only I Myself may find irksome; yet as shown, like a brick wall, it does allow lots of room for Posters and bumper-stickers. & So, Yes, It *is* a GOOD car, People, Go-buy-one...!

• what has 4 wings and flies?

...An Eagle that has just eaten a Bat.

...A Bat that has had a rather unsuccessful night of hunting, and has only managed to catch & eat *one* very large Moth.

...A Dog, which, as some Dogs like to do, has swallowed a Butterfly and/or two Houseflies.

(...or Maybe I should stop thinking about answers to this Question *quite* so much, now...?)

• I'm much too nervous to be behind the wheel of any car. Originally I was interested in getting a nice small car like an old mini, my mother used to drive one but as it happened my panic attacks were too severe and driving became a big no for me. 

However my father is a big fan of cars and has driven lots. I don't know what they were but I know currently he owns and drives an old Jaguar and Triumph.

• this is awesome stuff. I cantI  believe you were so good !  I was never that good. I had to make my own decks, I couldnt actually buy one,  and then attach the trucks and wheels both imported. I just love looking at skateboard wheels I have no idea why ? :)  It good to see the freestyle sport making it into the olympics which by the way from the qualifiers is going to be the highlight ( sky brown ). I now watch skatebaorders on TV which I enjoy, they like you are so skilled I marvel at what I am seeing.  

• i love that skateboard and the all-terrain bike. the skateboard is really cool i miss those days. i still have sore knees :)

It was my ankles that got the damage in my case mostly then the wrists ~ coming off handrails and ollieing bins, benches and whatnot and landing wrong and twisting and or tweaking them. I skated in ex-navy surplus submarine boots to support my so not happy ankles, plus the super soft noiseless tread soles seriously stuck to the grip tape a total treat, and after going inverted five feet out from the top of a 12 foot vert ramp (a tuck-knee-method-air gone wrong) and doing a flat bottom landing on my wrist ~ which broke; I always thereafter wore wrist-guards whether I was ramp or street skating.

Were you perhaps a seventies, eighties, nineties or millennial era skater maybe?