* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

Parents

• did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ?

Nope ~ to get away from it all mostly but met up with others that did not fit in either, with the 'coolest' (or most functionally perfect) BMX for me (back in the eighties and nineties) being the DP Firebird Freestyler, but not in the following colours:

And the most functionally perfect skateboard deck (back in the nineties) being the Daune Peters (9 1/4"x 32 .5") on Think boards ~ which was a totally solid and flex free deck with only the tail wearing down rather than the deck cracking or snapping in half or at either end (which otherwise happened alot). The deck appeared exactly as depicted aside from the signing under the name.  

And since the nineties or 2005 in fact as far as mountain-bikes go ~ the DMR Exalt but not quite as coloured or quite as follows as I had triple clamp forks on mine:

Being a member of the adrenalized big jump, air and drop brigade was not though helping me avoid having stress induced seizures at all, oddly enough, although it did take me rather a long time to work out the connection there ~ sort of thankfully as I did rather enjoy exerting myself in those wheeled ways for all those days over four decades or so.

I could never though get into doing motorized things involving bikes or cars as my body gets really freaked out by powered rpm stuff ~ it gets anxious or scared even of the washing machine!!!

• i love that skateboard and the all-terrain bike. the skateboard is really cool i miss those days. i still have sore knees :)

Reply Children

• i love that skateboard and the all-terrain bike. the skateboard is really cool i miss those days. i still have sore knees :)

It was my ankles that got the damage in my case mostly then the wrists ~ coming off handrails and ollieing bins, benches and whatnot and landing wrong and twisting and or tweaking them. I skated in ex-navy surplus submarine boots to support my so not happy ankles, plus the super soft noiseless tread soles seriously stuck to the grip tape a total treat, and after going inverted five feet out from the top of a 12 foot vert ramp (a tuck-knee-method-air gone wrong) and doing a flat bottom landing on my wrist ~ which broke; I always thereafter wore wrist-guards whether I was ramp or street skating.

Were you perhaps a seventies, eighties, nineties or millennial era skater maybe?