* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

• ...Um, Please Excuse Me, I just always wanted an excuse to Post that, upon any Forum. Oh, and Yes I also posted a picture of a Lamborghini Veneno there, as well.

Slight smile

• i just checked, i'm a fan and didnt know that!  he is an awesome irish (honorary member) bike road racer that's all that counts.

• Isnt Guy Martin also autistic or have I got that wrong lol. He has a need for speed

• A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!  Smiley

• Maybe perhaps you have not seen or heard the speed-freak / long-board / cruiser divisions of skateboarders

...After a leave-off, I reply to this this Thread... To a Poster older and One whom I genuinely RESPECT ... Sir DeepThought... (Me bowing respectfully). You have often been a serious Poster, yet know of Humour, and are as well as Senior Moment probably the oldest-Poster in this Thread still posting regular upon this Forum...

Well I very much appreciate the characteristic Disambiguating qualities of your good self ... Lady Cynosure ... (Me bowing respectfully in return ~ i.e., in the character of  straight neck and back bent at waste, hands together at my sides, with feet together side by side and head and eye lids lowered).

Yes, You are correct. I only see Teenagers and Pedestrians, Skateboarding, for I am not interested in it much. They board Buses and I think 'if you have that then why do you need a bus?' sort of thing.

Well in some cases beginning with the not at all weird is the distance between skate spots energy wise; how rough the terrain is (especially for the tiny low speed hard shaken wheeler types); the risk of falling (or being knocked) off and losing boards under vehicles (or slamming into people and having to deal with the authorities) can rather make public transport somewhat more appealing.

In other cases with the weirder ones though ~ there are those that actually just carry skateboards around with them as purely being fashion accessories!?!

I meant what I said about Rollerskating, yes, and posted upon a certain thread, during spring:'Are there any other RollerSkaters in London', Yet recieved few replies except from Mr.LoneWarrior... yet I understand that Skaters might not want to identify themselves here.

I read your roller skating thread excitedly ~ but as not being an equipped roller skater for decades or even a resident skateboarder in London; I could not think of anything on topic to write ~ plus the Winter time exhaustion and Spring time vitalization discordance thing was not helping me on the writing front either.

I apologise, yet I am still not fond of skateboarding, the reason why, although I bought an "All Terrain Board" once (and still have it, I love it!), is because of My ASTHMA, and the having to "kick off" in order to propell Boards.

Obviously the asthma thing is the asthma thing, but as for having to "kick off" in order to propel mountain boards forwards ~ not so if you do not already know ~ one can instead keep lifting up the front truck and wheels for a few moments whilst pivot steering them with the back wheels to land the front ones from side to side using 40 degree swings to keep propelling the board forwards. The process is called "Tick Tacking".

In case your tech does not do moving images ~ here are a sequence of stills from 'How To Tic Tac On A Mountain Board':

Or If your tech does though do moving images ~ I have had hours of fun copying and pasting from the video that which you can watch and possibly learn from as follows:

I also now vote up Your replies, (knocking M'self off the top, there) to add that I am not fond of PushBikes either. I once had one, but again due to Asthma (pollution), I could not ride it in the summer. I reeeealy liked it, but that is what happed, so I had to sell Him/it (the Bike).

With the pollution problem getting increasingly worse with motor vehicles catalytic converters merely reducing the exhaust fumes particulate sizes to invisible, these micro particles of toxicity are thus able to pass through cell membranes and muck up and seal off their internal functions ~ more inner city cyclists are therefore finding reason to use pollution filter masks, so if you get the urge to cycle once again (or the invisible smog just gets too excessive) things such as the following are considered worth the pennies:

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/wearable-technology/1407423/best-bike-pollution-mask

...Respect To You, always, as I said. For some reason, even when I was quite unwell, I was always able to ROLLERSKATE. I think it is built into Me, and so I try to look into ways to perfect it, despite Rain or Asthma or whatever.

Well the thing with roller skates ~ they tend more to make traveling easier in terms of extending what we already quite naturally do, anatomically, whereas cycling is more of a complication in terms of being seated and not so naturally running in a pedaling way at the same time.

Rollerskating is just more efficient oxygen wise and genetically inherited proficiency involving it is extremely likely too; given that ice skating and skiing are two of the oldest forms of human transport.

...Whoops this was a long reply!

I spend a lot of time shortening my posts down . . . Open mouth

I do not -dare to- reply to Your Good Self often, I respect You *that* much (!!)

Perhaps reply if you would like to reply rather than imagining that you should not as a matter of respect. As an old saying goes, “Is a lamp brought in to be put under a bushel, or under a bed, and not on a stand?"

Thank You very much for supporting this Thread, Sir.   

Likewise I am sure in the feminine or femasculine sense. Slight smile

• we all need to laugh and have fun and not dwell on our issues all the time. Thanks for being here DC you are a joy to have around :)

• fastest i've been is 30mph (on skateboard). I crashed accelerating to 40mph.

Whether towed along or pushing downhill I was generally okay up until about 40 mph or so, but after which troubles with front truck speed wobbles usually began, and the last time they did on a chance down hill session ~ on a closed resurfaced road where the fresh tarmac had sweated in the summer heat and got baked super smooth ~ I had rather a multitudinous graze and blood fest session as I got into and thoroughly lost an argument with the tarmac! Head bandage

I love watching  down hill speed skateboarding.

Likewise ~ although I cannot stand the videos with music as I like to hear the roll of the soft urethane wheels and the wind rushing by for the vicarious effect.

I especially as such enjoyed the following Switzerland mountain pass run given also the bends involved and the essential need to get the speed scrub slides just right ~ with little or no room for error:

• ..."Hiya!" ( I am posting this in the middle of the Thread to confuse people, because sometimes it is a confusing thing to know about in a reeeally long Thread, yet I for One found out how to learn how these things can go in that confusing way in order to confuse people, yet I Myself learnt how to deal with such confusing things despite My OLD Devices...(!) )

I wanted to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH For this Thread! ; I had waited for a "Car" Thread, & this was begun inviting 'lightheartedness', which was just what I needed. I think I am mostly over it now, THANKS for letting Me 'Park here & Loudly Toot the Horn' for so long. 

I am very glad to see it having gone on for so long, Well Done, Mr.Aidie, for usually Threads about Transport (so far) do not last very long here, and I know this from starting one Myself, once. As I said before, I am likely winding down, now. Thanks again over, for this Thread.

... & Somewhere to Post that Harrier Jump-Jet Picture...that was *Awesome*...  

• ( ...I once thought about joining the Army also. But that was when I found out that they do not accept people with Asthma, which did then make sense to Me, despite it excluding a lot of people. Though If they said this in the first place it would cut out a lot of time-wasting. (...No, I am not bitter!) )

• Maybe perhaps you have not seen or heard the speed-freak / long-board / cruiser divisions of skateboarders

...After a leave-off, I reply to this this Thread... To a Poster older and One whom I genuinely RESPECT ... Sir DeepThought... (Me bowing respectfully). You have often been a serious Poster, yet know of Humour, and are as well as Senior Moment probably the oldest-Poster in this Thread still posting regular upon this Forum...

Yes, You are correct. I only see Teenagers and Pedestrians, Skateboarding, for I am not interested in it much. They board Buses and I think 'if you have that then why do you need a bus?' sort of thing. I meant what I said about Rollerskating, yes, and posted upon a certain thread, during spring:'Are there any other RollerSkaters in London', Yet recieved few replies except from Mr.LoneWarrior... yet I understand that Skaters might not want to identify themselves here.

I apologise, yet I am still not fond of skateboarding, the reason why, although I bought an "All Terrain Board" once (and still have it, I love it!), is because of My ASTHMA, and the having to "kick off" in order to propell Boards. I also now vote up Your replies, (knocking M'self off the top, there) to add that I am not fond of PushBikes either. I once had one, but again due to Asthma (pollution), I could not ride it in the summer. I reeeealy liked it, but that is what happed, so I had to sell Him/it (the Bike).

...Respect To You, always, as I said. For some reason, even when I was quite unwell, I was always able to ROLLERSKATE. I think it is built into Me, and so I try to look into ways to perfect it, despite Rain or Asthma or whatever.

...Whoops this was a long reply! I do not -dare to- reply to Your Good Self often, I respect You *that* much (!!) Thank You very much for supporting this Thread, Sir.   Slight smile

• fastest i've been is 30mph (on skateboard). I crashed accelerating to 40mph. I love watching  down hill speed skateboarding.

• I am a RollerSkater Myself, or am trying to be. Social constraints and all.

Yay ~ another rollerskater! I have not though myself roller skated since my first nine years in the seventies, but I did spend a few months in the nineties doing in-line street skating one summer with a pair of roller blades that got loaned to me while the owner arranged to find a buyer for them.     

I prefer All-Terrain Boards, rather than Skateboards.

We used to meet up and do an all terrain boarding and skateboarding sessions down a particular hill for a number of summers when it had been seriously hard bake dry for long enough, and muck around on each others boards doing speed and ramp runs and all that. Quite a lot of them were snowboarders in the winter and a few of our lot became snowboarders too ~ what with the bones losing their flex with age, as snow can be a little bit more forgiving than merciless concrete when slamming.

Skateboarders, I see them trundling down a road, thinking that they are really fast and silent, but they are the opposite. But please do not tell anyone else that I said that. (!) 

Maybe perhaps you have not seen or heard the speed-freak / long-board / cruiser divisions of skateboarders that use large diameter (up to 107mm) soft durometer (from 74a) polyurethane wheels ~ rather than the small bone shaker hard noise maker jobs of the 50mm and 100a variety, which although might be intensely stimulating and seem fast for the riders ~ one of the large and smooth roller types from the UK set the world record at 91.17 mph in Quebec, Canada, on the 26th of September, 2017:

Downhill Skateboard World Speed Record ~ 91.17 mph / 146.73 kph ~ by Pete Connolly

And to watch here is cruise down a mountain road for anybody who used to do such things and or likes a bit of vicarious fast paced adventuring perhaps:

• see we all do it. Grinning Its a learning experience for us all.  You can try again :) ( join the army  try the TA). The Army likes people who try alot ! 

I stopped drinking about 5 years ago I didnt want to contribute anymore to an industry which harms so many people young and old. Did me a lot of good. Cleared my head quite a bit.

BTW I drank to relieve my anxiety for 20 years. 

• I tried to join the army, but I was too aggressive and got arrested a lot prior to that, mainly because I was drinking far too much to overcome my lacking social skills, so they kicked me out before I swore my oath. I feel like I made a complete tit of myself. Afterward, I went to my mate's house and took his car for a spin to calm my autism-related anxiety.

• Aw that is amazing. So lucky and fabulous for you. What a memorable experience Slight smile

• Ha-ha I'm glad you liked it. They are gorgeous:)

• Yes - we flew under the Heathrow ground control too - have to stay low so the jets enter and exit the airport right over you - it's crazy busy around there.

• Yes - they look huge up close -  but very small in all that water.