Fake "LikeBots" As Well As Copybots, now upon this NAS Forum

Greetings to All. This is the latest "Maintenance" Thread, or 'Report Spam' Thread. ( ...& For those not interested or not affected, I say just move on, or start Your own Thread. ) But this kind of Thread *is* necessary at times. NAS themselves say to start a New Thread when a New problem arises, and so that is what I am doing here.

NAS, There is a LIKEBOT here now, as well as a COPYBOT. Again. (Using a Plural does not matter.) This Thread is begun to draw Your attentions to the fact.

The BEST information on This Forum, about dealing with "Copybots":
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12621/copybot-and-forum-security/

The "LikeBot" is a new thing. I Myself have been seen to "like" certain (new) Users of whom I have no knowledge. This is the Thread to write about that, now. I have never "upvoted" these Persons but someone has FAKED My doing so...

So, NAS, --- SORT IT OUT!!!

• Noooooooo don’t ever Delete yourself, that would be so upsetting, 

Keep being you as it’s needed.

upvote and be happy. :)

• Hi DC thank you for starting this thread and seeing your name liking achievements and saying it isn’t actually you doing so.

i counted at least eight today from not many days ago. All liked by the same five names you put up here?

in the distant past nearly all achievements were liked by Hendrow?

he hasn’t to my knowledge been on here for many months if not maybe years?

I did indeed think it possible you liked those who had achieved discussion starter status as you are a very kind person and like to upvote just like me. 

Take care and I hope this cooler weather is suiting your devices if not yourself. 

X()X

• NAS62745

Same here. I haven't even logged on all day either.

Didn't like the copybot post either.

Not going to lose sleep over it though. I just post here to post, not votes or validation.

I contacted NAS nearly two weeks ago about something else, haven't had an answer yet.

Keep calm and carry on.

• (Also, it is a shame that this sort of thing will further put people off from using the UpVote Button. I hope that this is sorted soon, or I might have to delete Myself, and I do not want to do that.)

• As far as I saw, I was Fake-LikeBotted to "like":

LanFan1301
    NAS62736
    NAS62745

...Whom I have NOT liked. There may be others, though.

Completely unrelated, the only outside Thread about Fake Likes, I put a link to is here:

https://www.smore.com/r50ve-how-do-you-spot-fake-likes-online

...Which explains about FaceBook and Twitter, etc. With regards to This Forum, So far it seems just getting four or five (fake) "likes" upon here, and starting a Thread, this automatically puts a person "within the top 1% of the community"...

NAS - SORT IT OUT! (How many times will I try to say that here?)

• I am glad of Your Reply (first!), Mr BrainsFromThunderbirds (!). The other appreciated would be Mr LW, of course!

Yes, all of what You say is good. I also cannot 'read everything' either. I just happened to see what I saw and then saw all of that... I am not happy about it.

I still UpVote You, there, though. Slight smile

...Alas, as Spammers may know, We must wait for WEBPM to say something, or a "Moderator". Apart from that, as You know, I am not good at chat and know not what else to say. My Devices are not liking this, though...

• There is something a little bit 'not right' also about this, as I can find very few or no other 'first post achievements' which have received likes.

Like you DC, I would not upvote an achievement like that, to me it just seems a bit unnecessary (the whole achievement thing does anyway but that is another story).

It could be just a software 'blip', but if not it seems quite worrying that this can happen ... and does it also mean that some posts have been up or downvoted in our name without our knowledge.  I cannot pretend I read all posts here so I would not really know whether someone was doing this for me 'by proxy'.

I did not think it was your style DC which is why I brought it to your attention.  And one of the other 'likers' has been dormant for quite a long time so I wonder whether that is really her 'like', as she was merely posting requesting friendship in her posts when she was active.  I would reiterate what I said on the thread that brought this to attention that I am not questioning the right of someone to like anything, just that some of this does not ring true.

• ...If any of the Users listed in these lists are reading, please comment. I re-pressed the "like" button to get rid of the FAKE Vote in My UserName.

• There is a Thread called "Near Troll Posts" currently active upon which there is the discussion before this Thread was begun, about both Copybots and Likebots. The other Thread, now altered by NAS, is a copy of an original Thread.

Here again are the pictures of LikeBot's handiwork. But have a look at the Copybot Thread for discussion about it.: