Fake "LikeBots" As Well As Copybots, now upon this NAS Forum

Greetings to All. This is the latest "Maintenance" Thread, or 'Report Spam' Thread. ( ...& For those not interested or not affected, I say just move on, or start Your own Thread. ) But this kind of Thread *is* necessary at times. NAS themselves say to start a New Thread when a New problem arises, and so that is what I am doing here.

NAS, There is a LIKEBOT here now, as well as a COPYBOT. Again. (Using a Plural does not matter.) This Thread is begun to draw Your attentions to the fact.

The BEST information on This Forum, about dealing with "Copybots":
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12621/copybot-and-forum-security/

The "LikeBot" is a new thing. I Myself have been seen to "like" certain (new) Users of whom I have no knowledge. This is the Thread to write about that, now. I have never "upvoted" these Persons but someone has FAKED My doing so...

So, NAS, --- SORT IT OUT!!!

Parents
  • There is something a little bit 'not right' also about this, as I can find very few or no other 'first post achievements' which have received likes.

Like you DC, I would not upvote an achievement like that, to me it just seems a bit unnecessary (the whole achievement thing does anyway but that is another story).

It could be just a software 'blip', but if not it seems quite worrying that this can happen ... and does it also mean that some posts have been up or downvoted in our name without our knowledge.  I cannot pretend I read all posts here so I would not really know whether someone was doing this for me 'by proxy'.

I did not think it was your style DC which is why I brought it to your attention.  And one of the other 'likers' has been dormant for quite a long time so I wonder whether that is really her 'like', as she was merely posting requesting friendship in her posts when she was active.  I would reiterate what I said on the thread that brought this to attention that I am not questioning the right of someone to like anything, just that some of this does not ring true.

• There is something a little bit 'not right' also about this, as I can find very few or no other 'first post achievements' which have received likes.

Like you DC, I would not upvote an achievement like that, to me it just seems a bit unnecessary (the whole achievement thing does anyway but that is another story).

It could be just a software 'blip', but if not it seems quite worrying that this can happen ... and does it also mean that some posts have been up or downvoted in our name without our knowledge.  I cannot pretend I read all posts here so I would not really know whether someone was doing this for me 'by proxy'.

I did not think it was your style DC which is why I brought it to your attention.  And one of the other 'likers' has been dormant for quite a long time so I wonder whether that is really her 'like', as she was merely posting requesting friendship in her posts when she was active.  I would reiterate what I said on the thread that brought this to attention that I am not questioning the right of someone to like anything, just that some of this does not ring true.

Children
  • I am glad of Your Reply (first!), Mr BrainsFromThunderbirds (!). The other appreciated would be Mr LW, of course!

Yes, all of what You say is good. I also cannot 'read everything' either. I just happened to see what I saw and then saw all of that... I am not happy about it.

I still UpVote You, there, though. Slight smile

...Alas, as Spammers may know, We must wait for WEBPM to say something, or a "Moderator". Apart from that, as You know, I am not good at chat and know not what else to say. My Devices are not liking this, though...