Living in the Twilight Zone

How would you describe autism. I think it should be called "twilight zone disorder." its like starts off nice and innocent,  the main protagonist is unsuspecting, then they realise they've fallen into a dark world and it always ends badly. Like a black cloud follows, them and curses them. Like a curse of a monkey paw or something. Yeah.

OF COURSE Y0.O cAn aLwAyS mAsK. Not that it will be convincing or anything, but you'll appear maybe a few percentage points less weird.

• My first thought you must be a woman... Yeah, 22. A male in your situation might have a completely different take. Woman are generally treated better in society. Especially if they're pretty. You can be pretty woman and weird. Try being a nondescript male and weird. Its a totally different ball game.

• I'm a stubborn person, I used to use all this stubborness in a way that hurt me, that confirmed all the negativity about me from outside, then I wondered what would happen if I turned all that stubborness into possitiveness, so I gave it go and it seemed to work, theres still a part of me that does it as a big F**k You to the people who abused and denigrated me, who tried to destroy me to satisfy some sick need in themselves. So now here I am battle scarred, wobbly and determined that I won't be anyones football ever again.

I'm a Pagan so I have lots of Gods and Goddesses to call upon for help and they do listen, they even answer, if you listen carefully and in the right way, just don't expect a phone call!

Just keep your aura teflon coated and let all the crap slide off, even if you do have to reapply the teflon a couple of times a day.

• That's wonderful, you have a positive attitude. My journey is...well very bumpy. I'm 36, so...i don't ever expect to recover. I don't know what healing means. There is no recovering from my life. Dark forces is all i've ever known. A scene from fight cub comes to mind.. here it is:

You have to consider the possibility that God doesn't like you, he never wanted you. In all probability, He hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen...

..Oh never mind me, i've been socializing too much with dark forces lately,and i'm a lil emotionally disturbed

• For me, it was great when I didn't realise I was different, then terrible because of how everyone treated me as a child/teenager, and then it was a little better, and now it's great again!

For the longest time, I wondered what was wrong with me. Why people disliked me for things I didn't understand. Having learned about autism, I feel like things finally clicked for me. At university, I have met many autistic friends and many non-autistic people who accept me for who I am. I definitely still get people who treat me like a weirdo, but that's their problem, not mine!!!

I make an effort to be friendly and kind to everyone I meet, and if they don't treat me the same, I don't speak to them!!! There are plenty of people who will like you for you, despite being "weird"! I'm weird too!

• I just conjured a memory of riding on the back of my mums pushbike in one of those chairs. I would have been aged about 3 or 4. The little girl next door would ride with us on her mums pushbike and we'd wave to each other.

Just totally innocent and free from suffering. I also remember her knocking on my door on a snowy morning and us going out to have massive snow ball fight with all the kids from the street.  Just fun and innocence and everything was safe.

• My childhood wasn't happy, my adulthood has been better, I've been on a long journey of healing and recovery, I wasn't diagnosed until I was 50. I don't feel that "dark forces" have taken over people I've knpwn for years, largely because there aren't any, I'm bad at keeping up friendships.

I was pigeon holed long before any diagnosis, now I'm not pigeon holed and I won't be pigeon holed, I've taken over the whole roost!

• I know a spiritual woman who really believes all this, I on the other hand am more, a touch it, taste, it feel its, only believe in tanglible things .(Although I don't discount metaphysical unknowns) If anybody is candidate for possession its me. But i'm more a Jekyl and hyde. Polite, but i might throw a brick through your window. If i'm made unhinged, ( POSSSESED BY DARK FORCES, whichever you prefer) and NT's can and do trigger me.

Though I find NT's to be more savage than any autistic could ever be. They are so efficiently ruthless. Its this so called 'double empathy' gap.

• That's true. It's like paradise lost, the fall, and loss of innocence. The descent into the mammalian world , red in tooth and claw. Tribalism.

• Me too. I love my childhood, even thought it was kinda half-horrible. I can instantly think about my childhood and its puts me in a better mood.

• Childhood is better, for us, because we were innocent; then.

Then, we were sent to School; and pigeonholed into cliques and niches. We emerged cynical and vengeful.

• I haven't had a good time at all. Apart my early childhood. That was great . From being born till about the age of 13 was my happiest time.

I do think there is probably a way for each autist to become happier though. Even in this world

• It's the unleashing of demons.

The devil's in this world. We're witnessing those we used to look up to, and admire, suddenly possessed by Dark Forces.