ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Is anyone else's sleep really horrible right now?

• Oh,that's gotta be hard. Bound to mess up daytime aftere night.

• Sorry to hear that,as hard to get back to sleep,i had same with focal seizures at night.

• That's hilarious Japanese ogre Oh my goodness, just discovered emojis on here! 

• It's really good memory foam 6-in through/through....no springs. I should switch beds w/husband. We each have our own bed that is side by side, so I can sleep in 'snow angel' position. His is a firmer 8-inch memory foam full. I should try that. Yeah, I cannot stay at my mom's bc the beds are soooo aweful. After 4 nights of no sleep, I was like, that's it! I'm 35, I can't keep doing this to myself. I don't sleep well on vacation or anywhere that isn't my bed, with my pillows etc.

• Blimey thats a cocktail. My GP was always trying to get me on Zopiclone,think he was on a contract to shift it on anyone.

• I know how you feel--it's awful. One day I had to go to work on 30m of sleep---I thought I'd collapse. I got back on a thyroid support supplement too--in case the sleep is related to the endocrine system and I try to eat turkey as my main source of meat. My husband & I joked about a coffin, if my brother hadn't bullied me & left me in of these things or if I didn't have a fear of being left inside----it might be the perfect thing to sleep in if it was temp controlled. lol I hear you with noisy neighbors--we've asked ours to chill on "honking their horn." Their daughter does it EVERY AM at 7:30. I wake up at 9am most days, but they are just really crappy neighbors & our neighborhood shoots fireworks....year round. My birthday's coming up & my nerves get shot from the near-entire month of fireworks. We find them in our gutters---I call it "ear trespassing." lol

• Tried floor with blankets for about 6/7 yrs-awful sleep! But agree about spring noises and them digging in some beds.

• Always had broken sleep,sleep with earplugs cos everything wakes me. Cooler i am,the better,weighted blanket would wake me when i can't turn. Would think i'd be kicking someone in a dream! Lol

• Some people believe in 'Bramamahutah' which is kind of interesting. That's the reason my friend who purposefully wakes up around 3:30am says is the reason. I think it's kind of interesting, although--I thought circadian rhythms, you stopped making melatonin at 6am. I don't see why sleep needs to be so complicated!

isha.sadhguru.org/.../brahma-muhurta-time-to-create-yourself

• :( I have a friend who wakes up at 3am?? He's 70/autistic, wakes up & has coffee--maybe breakfast, then goes back to sleep. I would literally die on that schedule lol.

• I sleep exactly the same way! I'm down to just a sheet, I have blackout curtains (computer screens cannot be on in the next room or it'll wake me up later in the night. I am getting sore knees when they are stacked together--but I am SO PICKY about stuff I sleep with. Lots of soft BABY blankets-I don't know how I lived w/o them before.

• You & me both. The sleep I got, is the sleep I have to work off of the next day. I'm trying to find some rhyme or reason--I don't think I sleep very well in summer. I ran out of magnesium & didn't reorder for awhile. I think I must burn through magnesium bc 600mg/day is making it so my digestion/sleep work right. Magnesium citrate seems to be the only form that works. I took 1/4 tsp last night & although didn't sleep long, the sleep quality was good. I watched a video the other day that said, pretty much how we "wake up on the wrong/right side of the day," sets the tone for the day. I've been paying attention to this-although it seems obvious & I think it's pretty dead on. I just really get piossed that on top of everything, I've gotta deal with inconsistent sleep, digestion & hormones. YAY!

I found a medical article that talks about how most autistics were found to lack have lower levels of Bifidobacterium and Blautia gut bacteria, their guts made less tryptophan and bile acid — compounds needed to produce serotonin. Being the 3rd brain, I'm just wondering if there's a connection there. I'm always hesitant bc some are designed to stop diarrhea and others to stop constipation. I've never had really good luck with probiotics. Does anyone take probiotics & if so which ones?

• It's physically impossible for me to nap. I've never managed to do it since being a very young child. Falling asleep is something I find very hard - it's difficult at night when I'm tired, but it's impossible during the day when I'm not.

• Before I was diagnosed, i used to tell people that quite possibly the crux of my entire problem in life was that I couldn't sleep properly. Often just a microsecond of 'consciousness outage' would be enough to see me through for a few days - achieved at any cost Disappointed

Daylight has a massive effect - SAD lights really work, I have yet to investigate melatonin supplements.

Blackout blinds, optional duvets (sheet, light, heavy) available all the time really help.

Not giving a damn and getting up at whatever time for half an hour and having tea/milk/chocolate really helps.

• I might just be very odd, but I find if I don't have about a half hour nap in the afternoon that I'm just too tired to get to sleep. If I nap I have enough energy to fall asleep and it helps with twitches in the calf muscles, they build up during the day and calm down after sleep.

• I dipped into Ayurvedic things for a while, but then realised that the best way to make the most of it was to go deep as the superficial typings just didn't quite work for me. I didn't have the resources for that at the time and other approaches were working better. Have Deepak Chopra's book (Perfect Health), and keep on meaning to read it but sadly haven't... yet! Really interesting POV on health, though. 

I think I was overwhelmingly vatta, as advised by an Ayurvedic consultant and backed up by a few questionnaires, so I should love the heat and/or it should help me. That's just not the case for me, though. I'm easily too hot or too cold, sometimes don't notice when I get too hot and just end up going quiet and feeling very ill, not sweating. If I take a layer off to cool down and my recovery is almost instant!

Ayurveda or not, though, whatever helps you learn more about yourself is good.

• It's 3am and I've woken up, totally exhausted from nightmares where I am  being chased and hunted because of my personal and political beliefs.  Now I'm afraid of falling back to sleep.

• I wanna add that I've always had a big problem with sleep for as long as I've been alive whether or not it's an autistic thing I'm not 100% sure but I do think it has something to do with it.

My weighted blanket has helped massively but it hasn't cured my sleep issues fully I still wake up at night a lot for no reason I would say it's biggest help has been calming me down when I'm trying to go sleep.