ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Is anyone else's sleep really horrible right now?

Parents
  • Yes. But my sleep is always horrible, however the last couple of weeks it has been worse, I think due to the heat and personal stresses in my life (neighbour noise especially).

Last week my sleep deprivation was so bad that I became non-functional during the day. It was like I was drunk. I couldn't remember anything, confused all the time, no concentration, and weirdly many inhibitions disappeared. Consecutive nights of falling asleep after 3am, then 4am, then 5am start to add up.

I've been thinking about trying a weighted blanket because I do find the thicker duvet in winter seems to aid me. But right now I'm too hot, I have the thinnest duvet possible or a sheet and most of the time it's not covering me because I'm too hot, but I find it almost impossible to fall asleep without something on top of me.

• I might just be very odd, but I find if I don't have about a half hour nap in the afternoon that I'm just too tired to get to sleep. If I nap I have enough energy to fall asleep and it helps with twitches in the calf muscles, they build up during the day and calm down after sleep.

• It's physically impossible for me to nap. I've never managed to do it since being a very young child. Falling asleep is something I find very hard - it's difficult at night when I'm tired, but it's impossible during the day when I'm not.

• I don't take probiotics but I do have full fat Greek style yogurt with breakfast and before bed. Low fat yogurt doesn't help but the fat in the full fat helps protect the bacteria to actually get into the gut, well that's the theory and it does seem to. Tastes very nice too, especially with honey, but being diabetic and trying to loose weight I do without the honey. When I don't have yogurt my poo floats, when I do have it it goes away in one flush. Too much detail but we're all friends here.

• I took Magnesium Threonate once,after recomendations from online,made me seizurey and stopped after about a week. Citrate,no problem.

• Yes,chewable one's from H&B. 

• You & me both. The sleep I got, is the sleep I have to work off of the next day. I'm trying to find some rhyme or reason--I don't think I sleep very well in summer. I ran out of magnesium & didn't reorder for awhile. I think I must burn through magnesium bc 600mg/day is making it so my digestion/sleep work right. Magnesium citrate seems to be the only form that works. I took 1/4 tsp last night & although didn't sleep long, the sleep quality was good. I watched a video the other day that said, pretty much how we "wake up on the wrong/right side of the day," sets the tone for the day. I've been paying attention to this-although it seems obvious & I think it's pretty dead on. I just really get piossed that on top of everything, I've gotta deal with inconsistent sleep, digestion & hormones. YAY!

I found a medical article that talks about how most autistics were found to lack have lower levels of Bifidobacterium and Blautia gut bacteria, their guts made less tryptophan and bile acid — compounds needed to produce serotonin. Being the 3rd brain, I'm just wondering if there's a connection there. I'm always hesitant bc some are designed to stop diarrhea and others to stop constipation. I've never had really good luck with probiotics. Does anyone take probiotics & if so which ones?

• You & me both. The sleep I got, is the sleep I have to work off of the next day. I'm trying to find some rhyme or reason--I don't think I sleep very well in summer. I ran out of magnesium & didn't reorder for awhile. I think I must burn through magnesium bc 600mg/day is making it so my digestion/sleep work right. Magnesium citrate seems to be the only form that works. I took 1/4 tsp last night & although didn't sleep long, the sleep quality was good. I watched a video the other day that said, pretty much how we "wake up on the wrong/right side of the day," sets the tone for the day. I've been paying attention to this-although it seems obvious & I think it's pretty dead on. I just really get piossed that on top of everything, I've gotta deal with inconsistent sleep, digestion & hormones. YAY!

I found a medical article that talks about how most autistics were found to lack have lower levels of Bifidobacterium and Blautia gut bacteria, their guts made less tryptophan and bile acid — compounds needed to produce serotonin. Being the 3rd brain, I'm just wondering if there's a connection there. I'm always hesitant bc some are designed to stop diarrhea and others to stop constipation. I've never had really good luck with probiotics. Does anyone take probiotics & if so which ones?

Children