• RE: Autistic shutdown or depression?

Hello

I hope that my experience can help a little. My 17 year old daughter (diagnosed with ASD just before Christmas) displays similar behaviour, although it is more 'meltdown' than 'shutdown',  when there are any changes in her life. When…

• RE: Internalising a formal ASC diagnosis

Trying to move on and yet feel so held back by this inability to come to terms. What did any of you do to reconcile with your diagnosis?

I found it worked best to accept that autism is just another aspect of what I wam - much like my skin…

• RE: Christmas shopping. SOS. SEND HELP!

If you can pay my hourly rate, I'll step up and stand in for you.

I'm famliiar with Driving a Rolls too, and will be able to get enthusiastic about helping her with the shopping. (After all I'll be nowhere near when the presents are opened!) I also…

• RE: Teachers

I went to primary school in September 1986, so shortly after Chernobyl disaster in april and moving out of my granpa's house in a village to the nearest city in august. we got a flat in a block. I didn't realise it back then but now I think that being…

• RE: Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

It's an interesting thing with Friend requests. I've understandably had very few, and would never presume to initiate one (self esteem issues!). The few I've had (for which I am grateful) seem to operate in dormant mode - honorary rather than functional…

• RE: Hi I am a mum and my adult son has aspergers

An asperger diagnosis has several implications to consider here: it sets out patterns of behaviour which can account for personal characteristics - a rather frightening prospect of reading about your self as a type in a book. This might seem to take away…

• RE: Autistic son

How do people deal with the insults that can be shouted at you during a meltdown,

"With-a-y said: ( Post above )

" I have to control my thoughts as that is better than him stressing and meltdowns, but it is wearing, that’s why I’m…

• RE: Seeking Advice - Teenager Sleep issues

Hey Mini, speaking as a high functional myself, I can relate extremely well with your lad. Insomnia for whatever reason dogged and still dogs me, and I'm pushing towards thirty at this point, not to be all doom and gloom, but there's really no easy fix…

• Insensitive medical professionals

I’ve had a rather traumatising morning and was wondering if this was a problem other people on the spectrum have encountered?

4 years ago I had shingles. The past couple of days I’ve been getting horrendous burning pain that feels like shingles…

• RE: discipline

Hi monkey

I'm a mum of two boys with aspergers.  Mine are somewhat older than yours so I hope my experience may help you.

Firstly I understand how exhausting parenting any child is and how much strength you need to parent a child with autism. 

There will…