What did you do today?

Today I went in to Dublin to get some shopping, was successful in this except for the milk I like. Tut. I also visited St Stephens Green Park which was lovely as always, whilst ensuring my face was protected from the sun by a hat lol. 

When I was back home I decided to try to tidy up my room. It's needed doing for some time but everything in there is so neat and tidy I hate to touch it because then it's not all perfectly neat. As you can hear my OCD is horribly fierce! 

But I was strong and decided to have a quick tidy up in which I dusted everything and then immediately got it all back to its neat and tidy positions. Every book, picture, Funko Pop and item in there is perfectly straight now.

And then this afternoon I've literally just rested on my bed as I listened to music.

This evening I'm watching Ruth Rendells Inspector Wexford and then I'll try to watch something else until I'm so tired I fall asleep. 

How was your day? Relaxed

• That's understandable not wanting to disclose your diagnosis. I'm exactly the same when I've been working in the past. I'm sure if you are given the opportunity you'll do amazingly. It sounds like an ideal job for you and that will help you settle in quickly I should think. 

You totally got this!

• I went along to the theatre group again. Mainly non-verbal, physical performance. I'm glad I went but it did help me realise that this particular area is not for me at all. 

Back to the drawing board, I guess. 

• I will see, it’s not gonna be very noisy (not as much as in McDonald’s, that was sensory hell) I hope I will not get any meltdown in there. I don’t wanna disclose anything to anyone, and I know that I’m gonna have to communicate to the colleagues and the drivers so I don’t think ear protection would be allowed but I will see, how it goes. If I get the job. I really hope. Thank goodness the lights in there are dim. 

• Congrats on what sounds like a very positive job interview!!! Super proud of you and I hope you're feeling proud of yourself as well. I've done a few job interviews and none of them went especially well lol. Sounds like you proper nailed it though, great job. 

Could you get yourself some ear plugs or headphones for when you're working in the warehouse if you get the job? I always wear headphones when I'm in a busy and loud environment. Music calms me down and it helps drown out the noise.

• I had a job interview. It went I hope well. And I got some points for my attention to details as there was water flowing on wooden parts and I informed the boss about it. He was amazed and thanked me. This job would be in logistics and warehouse, so something I would love to do. And there are more men. Interactions with men are generally less complicated and easier for me than with female colleagues. Especially NTs. It may be a bit loud there but I will survive it. Now sitting in the bus with earplugs on as it’s very loud in here. I got dizzy while travelling there and I even forgot to cover my ears. Ouch! Loss of mind clarity. 

• ive gone a bit mad with and produced about 20 three minute videos in about 2 weeks lol.

great that you're interested. the link to the playlist is below:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmHGmMcraOp707GRmU8RxVrnXTyoURu7o

the videos are a bit short of feedback which is not great for the algorithm, so if you do watch any and have an any comment on your mind then please go ahead and write one 

• Today has been fairly quiet for me. I've mostly been listening to music and sitting with my dog. I might watch a film in a bit but I'm not really sure. I feel like it's one of those lazy days today.

I made some soup lol but I didn't eat it. It looked very unappetising so I just threw it in the end. I wasn't really sure if I'd enjoy it or not lol.

Tomorrow will likely be a bit more goey for me I expect Blush I'm going shopping tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to find some cool things in the charity shops.

• Sounds like a real busy day for you today! Congrats on your car passing its mot. I hope you're able to find some time to unwind and relax.

• It is an area where having skills can open doors to getting a job doing it for someone else.

Data analytics is still a growing area and pays well, even if AI will replace the human element in the next few years.

• Today has been a busy one for me so far. First thing I took my classic Volvo for its MOT. It passed I'm pleased to say, only two minor advisories to deal with at a later time. After that I got petrol and then I had to post my sisters birthday card as like a muppet I completely forgot to take it with me when I saw her yesterday! After all this I did some drawing, nothing special nor specific, just some light sketches but it wasn't very good so I binned it in the end. The rest of the time I've been in my workshop working on this rather gorgeous brown Ford Cortina which is being eaten away at by rust. A lot of work to do but it'll be worth it in the end!

• Yes, I've only seen it once all the way through but I did recently rewatch Angel. I re-watched Babylon 5, the CGI is very dated but I love the story thread that runs through the 1st 4 seasons.

Have you watched Strange new worlds?

• Oh great, that sounds a positive thing to do. I used to do a YouTube autism vlog but I stopped in the end, I mostly did it during covid when we couldn't go out. It was my way of staying in contact with human life. 

Please share your link, if you want to, no pressure though. I'm always interested in checking out autism related videos.

• That's awesome. That's what I like about rewatching a show I've already seen because I don't remember everything that happened and then I'm like oh yeah I forgot this bit.

I love that series. I've got them on dvd now, I just had to because I fell in love with the show. Have you seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series? 

I love all things Trek. Yes even Discovery!

Me too!!! :) 

• Wow that's such a cool thing to be able to do. My gramps used to fix old watches and clocks, he had a workshop at the back of his garden where he would spend most of the day fixing them. He had shelves where he kept the clocks and watches, all we're different ages and sizes, but I suspect they were old ones. They looked old as I remember.

Great job, thanks for sharing this.

• I seem to have fixed a pocket watch dating to 1901. I thought that the hairspring might have been sticking, so I removed the balance assembly and washed it all in an egg  cup full of white spirit. There was lots of old dried-up oil residue under the balance coq, which pointed at old oil residue being the culprit, by sticking the coils of the hairspring together. Rather than gaining up to 10 minutes overnight, this morning, the time was bang on as measured by my electronic alarm clock. Saved myself several hundred pounds at a watch repairer's.

• I spotted it on Amazon video and decided to do a rewatch, I watch around 3 episodes a day. Obviously it can be a bit repetitive but there's loads of little bits that I'd forgotten.

I love all things Trek. Yes even Discovery!

• I am a restless soul and I always have to have a creative outlet.

At the moment I am making videos for YouTube on the subject of autism.

today I have uploaded my latest video which is the first in a series covering the developmental differences in autism.

This one explains the enlargement of the Amygdala in cases of autism.

if anyone would like the link to the playlist I am always delighted to share

• Sounds like it was a busy day but hopefully a good one all the same. How are you enjoying Supernatural? I've seen all the series but it was a while ago so I'll have to rewatch it again when I can. Lately I've been watching Star Trek the original series.

• I'm glad you had a good day yesterday Slight smile I hope your therapy session goes well today.