What did you do today?

Today I went in to Dublin to get some shopping, was successful in this except for the milk I like. Tut. I also visited St Stephens Green Park which was lovely as always, whilst ensuring my face was protected from the sun by a hat lol. 

When I was back home I decided to try to tidy up my room. It's needed doing for some time but everything in there is so neat and tidy I hate to touch it because then it's not all perfectly neat. As you can hear my OCD is horribly fierce! 

But I was strong and decided to have a quick tidy up in which I dusted everything and then immediately got it all back to its neat and tidy positions. Every book, picture, Funko Pop and item in there is perfectly straight now.

And then this afternoon I've literally just rested on my bed as I listened to music.

This evening I'm watching Ruth Rendells Inspector Wexford and then I'll try to watch something else until I'm so tired I fall asleep. 

How was your day? Relaxed

• I've never really had an accent barrier, although more of a "me not speaking clearly enough" barrier. Or loudly enough.

I'll probably go for a walk. As per last week, I don't want to drive my manual car if I can avoid it. Confounded

• Lol I can hardly drive a car I'd be completely overwhelmed in a bus Laughing 

I really struggle understanding people with a different accent, I don't think my brain can process it lol. Makes interacting with people awkward at times. 

I decided to drive in the end. I wanted to get in and out today.

• I skim read this and I thought you said drive the bus. Sweat smile

I had a friend from Derry - I mean, there were the inevitable accent jokes but I could understand her. Grin

• Today I'm going in to Belfast, I have a few bits I want to try and pick up. I'm unsure of whether to go in via the bus or drive myself. Lately I've felt less comfortable driving.

And then for the rest of the day I want to try some more cooking, thinking of doing another soup but more tasteful than the last one I did lmao Sweat smile and I want to do some writing as well.

• Thank you. Sometimes you just want to vent but if someone ended up giving me unsolicited advice I'd probably explode. Sweat smile

I was thinking of going to Amazon but I treated that as a last resort. 

• Sorry to hear that. But completely understand lol!

I get my straws from Amazon.

• Just been really irritated with life. Sweat smile 

I need to find a retailer that does plastic straws...

• I got some bread from the bakery this morning. Really lucky here that my village still has its original bakery which dates back to 1892, I think if I'm remembering that right.

I love freshly baked bread, smells so nice and tastes even better.

• Today did my laundry and drying inside. Weather making my brain going foggy.

Collected the bread and rolls from the cheese shop. Bought two cheeses. Also went to the weekly market. 

Returned a book to the library and borrowed one. A Norwegian author called Jo Nesbo (male); got my i newspaper which is a bargain and going to start doing the puzzles. 

• Thank you Blush hopefully we both will soon Fingers crossed tone1

• I hope you can find something too.

• I'm in my workshop today, restoring a rather gorgeous Renault 21 Savanna. It's a J reg and has seen better days but I will be restoring it to its former glory... Just needs a bit of welding, new paint and a new engine and it will be good to go. My dad had one when I was about 7, I fell in love with them then. I'm tempted to keep this one but I'd better not...

• That's a good idea, hopefully you can find a careers advisor. Give it time. You will find the right thing for yourself in the end. I've been looking for myself as well but still haven't found the right thing yet.

• Yeah my video editing skills are pretty basic anyway.

I think I just need to find a careers advisor or something, just someone I can talk to. 

• Well you've been online so that's something you've done . Welcome to the community by the wayUpside down

• Today will be a quiet one for me, mostly. I'm going in to Belfast this afternoon, just to get a few bits and to see my brother. We're meeting up.

Other than that it's going to a slow day. Feeling like I might watch Madagascar as I haven't seen it for years but it is a really good animation that I've always liked.

• Those are definitely things you can look at doing when you're feeling it. I think there's a high demand for tech jobs like with video editing, so maybe something to consider in the future when you feel the time is right?

• I do wonder if working in the technical side might be for me. I know I can do stuff like writing and video editing but those opportunities are likely to be ad hoc, not a main job. 

• I'm glad you went but I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping it would be. But at least now you know so you can think of other things and hopefully soon an opportunity will present itself. 

Do you have any other ideas of what you might want to do?