What book are you reading at the moment?

I just finished Libby and the Parisian Puzzle by Jo Clarke. I love this book! I first read it at school last year and I got my own copy of it last Xmas which was awesome and I've already read it over ten times now.

I love books and I love reading! Blush

Now I'm reading Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson. I own a few of her other books and thought this one sounded good so I'm hoping it will be a great read. 

Fingers crossed.

If you have any book suggestions then pls let me know! I'm always looking for new books to read! Blush

• Currently reading The Castle by Franz Kafka, and by that I mean it's been sitting on my bedside table for weeks. That is how I read; VERY VERY SLOWLY, sometimes with months of pause.

I love Kafka, I've read most of his work; I've read all of his short stories (which includes The Metamorphosis), I've read The Trial and also a bit of America. The Castle is kind of the last thing I need to read if you don't count America which I didn't finish, well I guess in the future I might decide to finish that one as well, who knows? 

• I'm reading the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. It's fairly insane in the way his books tend to be.

I've also been re-reading the Edge Chronicles books for something a bit lighter. In the same way a pencil is lighter than a microwave. 

• I like that book. I like all of David Walliam's books actually! I think my fave is Codename Bananas, I found it a really fun and interesting story.

• Right now i don't read but i read boy in the dress

• I'm nearly finished with reading Midnight by Jacqueline Wilson again! I love this book so much. Relatable characters and family. And it's a great story.

• You are welcome! I hope you enjoy it when you get to hear it Blush

• No way! Wow!!! That's a cool bit of factual information on that. I had imagined a few things of what might make the Tardis sound, though that definitely wasn't something I ever thought of! I was thinking computer generated but then I found out doctor who was way before computers so it's something I've been pondering since.. ..

Thank you for sharing this. I find it really interesting and don't worry the magic is still there! Blush The magic will never die in me.

• Fun fact (before I let this thread get back to being about books!): that lovely TARDIS noise you speak of was created in a fantastically simple way: it's the front door key of the guy who made it being scraped up and down an exposed piano string, then treated with reverb and distort. Hope that hasn't spoiled the magic! It still sounds unearthly and wonderful inside the fiction even when you know how it was done.   

• That does sound interesting. I think informative books like that can sometimes be a really interesting read, depending on what you find interesting. I have a few health and effects books, partially for fun and also for my studying at school.

• Ohhh great book! Ben Miller's books are just fabulous! I own some on my Kindle, none in physical book form though. Most try to get some at some point.

Do you have a fave Ben Miller book?

• Phew! Thank goodness for that LoL! I thought I was the only one who did this.

I'm pretty new to Doctor Who but I'm obsessed with it already. The characters can be relatable in some ways and the stories are fabulous, just a really fun thing to watch and escape to for a bit. I love the sound of the Tardis as well when it takes off, it's oddly comfortable to hear, very soothing.

Definitely do consider the Missy audiobooks. I'm sure you wouldn't regret it Blush I don't know what one I'll be getting next time, something awesome if I can! I love reading and I love audiobooks.

I think I prefer audiobooks.

Wow 40th anniversary! That's so cool, bless him, he must be so excited this year then. Yeah my Mum was like "Definitely take a look at Colin!" And she said it so many times LoL. I wasn't sure how good he would be as I'm used to Jodie and Peter but actually I was pleasantly surprised. Bad of me to worry it wouldn't be as good as it was older eps but I'm so glad I chose to check him out and got the audiobook.

Mum and I even watched a few of his eps, including Attack of the Cybermen which is her most fave ep. She likes your fave Doctor as well Peter Davison but I haven't seen any of his yet.

The Quin Dilemma , ohh that sounds like it's going to so good already. I need to try and get that too as and when I can. Especially it being Collins anniversary year and all. Eventually I want to own them all LoL. But that might take a long time before I get to that point!

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I have saved them all in my notebook and I will try and pick them up over time. I'm excited to hear some more audio Who stories! I really like the ones I've got and have heard them all lots of times already.

I wish we could spend all day talking about this LoL! Have a lovely day Blush

• Wow that sounds interesting. Although I wouldn’t fancy any of these drugs you mentioned. Me and caffeine don’t mix well lol

• I like to read via audiobooks. I love being read to.

•  friend told me about them. I come to them after reading Nancy Kress. "Sleepless" series. I am having a great deal of fun with these little gems. The murderbot stories are quite short and sweet.. It's like eating candy for dinner!

• thanks for letting me know about this audio book. This whovian is grateful.

• I found "Your Mind On Plants" by Michael Pollan interesting. It was about opium, caffeine and peyote.

• I’m not reading any books atm but I was last reading a book about cannabis history etc. It was interesting. It was non biased (wasn’t pro cannabis or anti cannabis). It just described some of the facts on how it can cause schizophrenia etc yeh it was really interesting. 

• I’m currently reading ‘The boy who made the world disappear’! It’s a childrens book… But I love it! It’s by Ben Miller :D

• Totally fine, I've been known to type much longer screeds than that myself so please don't worry at all! 

I haven't managed to get to the audio Missys yet, but will bear your recommendation in mind when trying to next work out what to spend my next few spare quid on. :-)

That's very interesting that your mum nudged you towards Colin. In many ways he's got to do all the things he'd hoped to on telly before his era was cut short through no fault of his own. As it' his Doctor's 40th anniversary this very month, there's a celebratory release out called The Quin Dilemma (which echoes the title of his very first telly story) and I'm hearing great things about it so want to get to that asap. 

And other ones of his I'd recommend are: The One Doctor (very funny story) and Doctor Who and the Pirates, which was DW's first go at a musical (well one ep of the four is) story and it manages to be very amusing but deeply moving all at the same time. The Year of the Pig is wonderful too, it's so languid and wordy and suits his Doctor so well. 

I'd best not list all my fave audios here (Colin ones or otherwise) or we'd be here all day! But there are loads of excellent ones well worth your time.  

• Sorry that was a really long reply! Blush