What book are you reading at the moment?

I just finished Libby and the Parisian Puzzle by Jo Clarke. I love this book! I first read it at school last year and I got my own copy of it last Xmas which was awesome and I've already read it over ten times now.

I love books and I love reading! Blush

Now I'm reading Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson. I own a few of her other books and thought this one sounded good so I'm hoping it will be a great read. 

Fingers crossed.

If you have any book suggestions then pls let me know! I'm always looking for new books to read! Blush

Parents
  • Recently began Richard Marsden's biography of Biddy Baxter. If it's even half as good as his one on John Nathan-Turner (Doctor Who's producer through the entire 1980s) it's going to be compelling stuff...

• That sounds interesting! I hope you continue to enjoy! You're a doctor who fan? Did you see the new trailer?? I think the next season looks like it's going to be really good.

Have you got any of the big finish audiobooks? 

I own 2 so far... I want to get more in the future as I really like them. I like how it's the original cast so much fun.

• Hi Elara. Yes, obsessive Who fan here! The new trailer is excellent, and apparently there are a couple of Easter treats coming up, so as a fellow fan... watch out for whatever those might be! 

Yes, I have a ton of BF stuff. Started all the way back at the beginning (1998/9) with those guys, in the days when it was possible to keep up with their work!  These days I have to be more selective or I'd just end up in debt!  Which two have you you heard if I may ask? 

My all time favourite story of theirs is Circular Time, it plays out as four 'seasons' - one per ep - and is a beautiful character study of the Fifth Doctor era (Davison being my all time fave). Highly recommended :-)

• No way! Wow!!! That's a cool bit of factual information on that. I had imagined a few things of what might make the Tardis sound, though that definitely wasn't something I ever thought of! I was thinking computer generated but then I found out doctor who was way before computers so it's something I've been pondering since.. ..

Thank you for sharing this. I find it really interesting and don't worry the magic is still there! Blush The magic will never die in me.

• Fun fact (before I let this thread get back to being about books!): that lovely TARDIS noise you speak of was created in a fantastically simple way: it's the front door key of the guy who made it being scraped up and down an exposed piano string, then treated with reverb and distort. Hope that hasn't spoiled the magic! It still sounds unearthly and wonderful inside the fiction even when you know how it was done.   

• Fun fact (before I let this thread get back to being about books!): that lovely TARDIS noise you speak of was created in a fantastically simple way: it's the front door key of the guy who made it being scraped up and down an exposed piano string, then treated with reverb and distort. Hope that hasn't spoiled the magic! It still sounds unearthly and wonderful inside the fiction even when you know how it was done.   

Children
  • No way! Wow!!! That's a cool bit of factual information on that. I had imagined a few things of what might make the Tardis sound, though that definitely wasn't something I ever thought of! I was thinking computer generated but then I found out doctor who was way before computers so it's something I've been pondering since.. ..

Thank you for sharing this. I find it really interesting and don't worry the magic is still there! Blush The magic will never die in me.