Hi

I'm an 18 year old autistic girl who happens to be obsessed with Taylor Swift. She's my special interest....and she inspires me to sing too!!! I love music in general, I also like David Bowie, Elvis Presley, The Beautiful South, Tom Petty, Ed Sheeran and OMD to name a few!

I find music audibly appealing and interesting. When I hear music it makes me feel alive, like I'm in another world, floating through space. When I'm immersed in music I feel as if nothing can hurt me. I feel at my strongest.

Listening to music makes me so happy. And singing is the same. With both I feel completely free and at peace.

I also like creative writing, reading and swimming. At school I won three school swimming contests lol. I also have an interest in professional swimmers.

• That must be challenging for you to cope with but I think it's amazing that you're there for them and help them with their difficulties. I hope you set aside time and self care for yourself :) I find a lot of peace and relaxation in my hobbies. I'm glad I have them to turn to.

• it is and I loved it too. me is quite fun, I agree.

• Yes I have written for Autistic Village since January. Maybe you have read my blogs, which ones have you read?

I'm newly diagnosed and still learning so much about myself. Sites like this and Autistic Village are really useful in giving helpful advice.

Absolutely! Couldn’t agree more! If you want to explore your autistic experience in more depth I strongly recommend Aucademy:

https://aucademy.co.uk/

https://aucademy.co.uk/starting-your-autistic-discovery-journey/

I hope this helps you in your autistic discovery journey!

• Don't I know it haha, I have a disabled wife and my 18 year old daughter is on the spectrum so takes a lot of looking after too. Glad you also have a love of music and swimming and writing, it is good to have many different pass times

• Her latest albums have been super! I really wish I could do the Eras Tour but I'm not in a good enough place mentally at the moment but hopefully a future tour I'll be able to do when things are improved.

I love Kelly Clarkson, I haven't heard Nickelback for ages though! I love so many different singers and groups. Some of my faves are Queen, Adele, Passenger, Charlie Puth, Ed Sheeran, David Bowie, Pet Shop Boys, Elvis Presley, Roxy Music, The Jam and Phil Collins. My love of music and singers is near endless lol.

I'm glad you have music to help you through with things. Being a carer isn't easy I know, it can be exhausting.

• Yeah, I like cruel summers, there are so many of her songs I like, her last release I can see you is good also, filmed in Liverpool where I am. Also like Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Nickelback. music is about my only pass time due to being a carer

• Thanks, I love it! I have just finished a draft of my fourth blog and sent it off to the Autistic Village website.

That's great! Good luck with that. I like Autistic Village. Have you done blogs for them before? It's possible I've read them if you have Slight smile 

I'm newly diagnosed and still learning so much about myself. Sites like this and Autistic Village are really useful in giving helpful advice.

• Good point! Yeah, I guess I just have a really lame sense of humour in that I find little to nothing funny. I guess much of it is what we find funny is really subjective and unique to the individual and our response likewise is just as personal.

Absolutely, humour is very subjective!

According to my mum my grandfather was the same as me, didn't react to humour. I wonder if he was autistic as well? I would love to ask, if he were still alive.

That would be interesting to explore. Being autistic is definitely genetic.

That's great you enjoy blogging about your autistic experiences! It's a healthy release blogging and a very positive thing to do. I'm glad you enjoy it!

Thanks, I love it! I have just finished a draft of my fourth blog and sent it off to the Autistic Village website.

• Hey DadCarer70! 

I found her music really helpful and inspiring during Covid times, especially as I was going through my mental breakdown at the time, and somehow she got me through those terrible days. I'm glad you were also able to work through the tough times and had fun, hope as you sang! 

Singing is just such a positive thing to do and it can really help lift you up and brighten your day! :) 

Have you heard Cruel Summer? That's a faster song she's done and pretty catchy too.

• It's such a great one - I loved her new version of it as well!

One of my other faves is Me, so fun and upbeat sounding. I wish there was more music like that. The world would be a better place lol.

• Good point! Yeah, I guess I just have a really lame sense of humour in that I find little to nothing funny. I guess much of it is what we find funny is really subjective and unique to the individual and our response likewise is just as personal. According to my mum my grandfather was the same as me, didn't react to humour. I wonder if he was autistic as well? I would love to ask, if he were still alive.

I do find some things funny but not much. A lot of the problem is I don't process things quickly so by the time I find something funny the moment has normally passed.

That's great you enjoy blogging about your autistic experiences! It's a healthy release blogging and a very positive thing to do. I'm glad you enjoy it!

• Hi There. Welcome.  I'm glad you find such joy in music.  It is a lifelong gift.
    not listened to Taylor Swift myself, but I do like a variety, so maybe some day.
    I'm kinda obsessed with this cover of radioheads creep atm.
    www.youtube.com/watch

• I've tried implementing humour in to my writing before but humour is something I don't really understand so it's difficult. If humans have a humour plug then I don't think mine is plugged in :/

I don’t believe that! It might just be you don’t find people’s jokes funny?!

In terms of blogging, it’s a great idea! I blog about my autistic experiences and there is certainly an audience for it.

• Hi Swifty, I'm a 53 year old male swift fan, she helped me all though COVID working from home.(listening and yes singing to them while working) I prefer the faster more pop songs so my fav will probably be shake it off or better than revenge. 

• enchanted is also a great song, it’s always been a classic favourite.

• I love Seven. I think my fave is probably Enchanted, I grew up with that song, and I can relate to it more so now I'm an adult.

• my favourite taylor song is seven. I like how it sounds very calming and also has wonderful lyrics.

• Hey! Nice to meet you.

What's your fave Taylor song???

• hi, I’m 19 and also love taylor swift.