Bordem

Anyone got any hobbie sergestions. Or what do people fill there spare time. I find nothing brings me satisfaction anymore. Weather it's gaming my previous hobby or drinking which wieredly I use to love. Starting up at the gym again but I feel like nothing chalanges anymore or I can't find interests in anything anymore even gaming on my Xbox feels like a choor. Is this an ASD thing or just a me thing. Like when you get to that point in life where everything just sucks and is insanely boring and repetitive. Bare in mind I live in a village and the nearest town is half an hour from me and I don't drive.

Parents
  • I've been struggling with the same Situation. I devour books, I used to play games and surfing but lately I have no time to do so.  Gym has become boring. The ONLY time I actually have some fun is when I'm learning something new, or at yoga class and even then it gets boring after a while. Is this how it's suppose to be? I feel a Little Lost and without a purpose in life. I Also feel extremely tired and without energy. Social interactions are draining more of me now, than ever...

• The ONLY time I actually have some fun is when I'm learning something new,

and then you continue doing those things out of routine

the most important question - what is my purpose - has no answer so far

only meetings with my friends (I have 3 friends), when we practise ''modern philosophy'' manage to continue to give me some fun. we usually get drunk in a process or at least get tipsy.

• Exactly lol except I can't (shouldn't) drink anymore because I take drugs for my seizures, so I try to do it on special occasions ONLY. I've had the same 4 friends for the past 20 years, even though 2 of them are away we talk regularly. Those neverending talks do rock. We're writting (trying lol) a book! Maybe you can try! Grin

Joy

• Yeah definitely typing is better than writing by hand wieredly I can paint better than I can right as my hand righting is terrible but typing I can more or less do without even looking at the key board.

• Of course you can. I've been doing a lot of exams in the past years but apparently there is no cause. It's been linked to anxiety, stress and external stimulation (lights and sounds). There is some trace of abnormal electrical activity in my brain that indicates that I'm prone to seizures but when the drugs are removed in controled environment, I don't have them. I will in 'normal' situations though. I'm a bit undecided on what to do concerning my meds, because they do help me. I've had seizures 3 times a week before and they reduce to once a year, to none. 

I also try to jot down what I think but lately there's not much time for my own ideas. just medical thoughts, not mine own, but school related things. (sooo many!) I kinda lost life as I knew it lol

I used to smoke some time ago but that wasn't beneficial. It did make me feel good in a number of ways, but it wasn't good for my memory, once again. :(  (what a shame! xD)

• Of course you can. I've been doing a lot of exams in the past years but apparently there is no cause. It's been linked to anxiety, stress and external stimulation (lights and sounds). There is some trace of abnormal electrical activity in my brain that indicates that I'm prone to seizures but when the drugs are removed in controled environment, I don't have them. I will in 'normal' situations though. I'm a bit undecided on what to do concerning my meds, because they do help me. I've had seizures 3 times a week before and they reduce to once a year, to none. 

I also try to jot down what I think but lately there's not much time for my own ideas. just medical thoughts, not mine own, but school related things. (sooo many!) I kinda lost life as I knew it lol

I used to smoke some time ago but that wasn't beneficial. It did make me feel good in a number of ways, but it wasn't good for my memory, once again. :(  (what a shame! xD)

Children
No Data