Any spiritual beliefs?

I was raised christian but never really felt it, too metaphorical and poetical for my literal ass. I dont subsicribe to any religion but i like the idea of reincarnation, the idea that everyone is comprised of both a physical body and a spiritual body, like some kind of soul that can exist detached from the physical body. Reincarnation makes sense to me because many things on our earth happen in a cyclical fashion, the moon, tides, seasons ect. So its interesting to think life and death could function as a cycle as well, but i'm not sure we have much chance of getting reincarnated as human every time like a lot of people seem to think. More likely when I die ill come back as a cyanobacteria or a blob fish or something. What about u guys?

• Most Neolithic monuments are older than the pyramids, we always use them for a comparisson,  a bit like Wales being used as a measure of land. Stonehenge was the youngest of the henge monuments and is contemporary with the pyramids. Site like Newgrange in Ireland, Avebury in Wiltshire and The Ring of Brodgar in Orkney are far older as i believe are beliefs in reincarnation and an after life.

• I used to attend this spirituality group for neurodiverse peope and it was run by a man called David Debryshire. It is rare to find me in a group but it was a really interesting group. There were some people who were very setted wiith their Autism diagnosis.

I hope it does come back. It is a shame that something else doesn't exist iike this now.

inclusivegathering.org.uk/.../

• One of my Grandmothers was made unwelcome in the Church of England for having a child out of wedlock.  Interestingly ,she kept her christian faith but practised at home.

I am a non believer. An agnostic or atheist.

• That's if St Patrick was the one to bring Christianity to Ireland, there seems to be some doubt about when Christianity came to Britain and Ireland. In England we're told that it was St Augustine that Christianised England, which totally forgets the Irish church based in Iona and the vast influence it had across Scotland, Northern England and of course Ireland itself. I think a lot of early church and Christian history has been lost, sometimes deliberately destroyed by the Roman church.

Some of the Celtic prayers are beautiful and very grounded.

• There is some evidence of this in the Passage Graves in Newgrange in Ireland (which are older than the Pyramids in Egypt) 

• The Pre-Christian and Celtic beliefs of the Druids before Saint Patrick are worthy of note, so much so that the early Irish Church adopted these beliefs into Christianity - the most beautiful Catholic prayers that are out there are written in the Irish Gaelic language 

• I was raised a catholic, but in the holy communion and confirmation classes as a wee nipper, I had to question anything that didn't make sense - and lots didn't make sense! I was unintentionally a pain in the  b u m. I was so bad that some of the nuns complained about me, but they were overruled by a kindly priest who loved my questioning. I actually 'realised' that I didn't believe a word of it on my actual confirmation day - in the church! I went through with it for the sake of appearances and my mum. As a teenager, I would argue with anyone about religion and (probably thanks to my autism) would be trying to convince anyone who'd listen. As I got older I became 'live and let live' and the subject isn't really interesting to me anymore.

I don't believe in reincarnation, but do like the idea of it. I want to be a dog too (like Iain). Here's an idea that may blow your mind - what if there is reincarnation, but that time is not a barrier either and there is actually only one soul bouncing backwards and forwards in time, and they are everyone and every creature.

• hI Anomalocaris I am a Christian. I believe in the God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. So that encompasses spirituality as well. I have been a Christian since I was 16 and I started a thread here on this board about my journey with my faith and I am 51 mow.

community.autism.org.uk/.../my-experiences-of-my-christian-faith

• My beliefs are the same as Gary Buseys

• I had a similar experience. When my nephew was born, he was crying, but when he grabbed the finger I was holding out to him, he immediately stopped, and looked up at me with his big eyes, that just seemed so otherworldly. And then even before he had any teeth, he had a huge sense of humor. He was only half a year old when he started playfully splashing water at others and smushing people beneath pillows just for the fun of it. Where did he learn this humor from? Not from us! He didn't start out as blank slate. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I also had some fears that I've just always had by default, that there wasn't a situation in my life caused those fears to happen, and they were just always there. And they were only rectified when I did a past life regression, and I brought those fears up to the surface, and I saw a different place, a different time, and I was a different person of a different race and culture. It showed me the location of where I lived, who I was, and the family I had. Then it flashed and showed the trauma of how I passed away, which was still the fear I had been living with. After I came to terms with it, the fear was turned into relief, and it no longer bothered me. 

• I'm not religious, I don't observe a faith. I have my own, in the sanctity of life, having courage and being kind. 

Maybe there's more, but that's what I can think of.

• Me to Herge, I nevr really understood it, it was just one of those odd thins school made us do.

I found mysef being drawn towards Paganism in my early 20's and have felt the need to be anything else, my belief's continue to evolve, but that's OK for us as we have no set liturgy or book or anything, we're encouraged to find our own personal relationship with our Gods and Goddesses. I do believe in reincarnation, I think I always have, it was just something that always made sense ot me. But it really became a firm belief after my son was born and I could see this other soul looking out of the eyes of a baby only hours old, looking at the world he's been born into.

• I was raised Vatican II Catholic, went away from it for a while in my teens in the 1980’s, then 18 years ago became a traditional Catholic (TLM, SSPX) during Covid my faith strengthened and I’d taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin, became a huge supporter of Bishop Fulton Sheen, traditional Irish Catholic saints, Fr Frank Peyton, Cardinal Burke, Archbishop Vigano, among many others - I firmly believe and maintain that the only way out of our current situation is to turn back to the eternal truths of the Traditional Catholic Faith, while dispensing with the institutional structures of the Catholic Church, which are riddled with corruption of all kinds and which also includes the corruption brought about as a consequence of the Vatican II heresy 

• I'm not really religious, but I do have spiritual beliefs. I do think that reincarnation is a thing. 

• No, Disappointedi never have. I was christened and had the usual hymns at school but it means nothing to me. I find choosing to deprived yourself of certain foods or having to dress a certain way is just baffling. 

If it floats your boat and your not affecting anyone else, please have at it.

If reincarnation exists and I wasn't going to be human, I think I'd like to be a capybara or manatee, something that seems to be chilled and not overly stressed.

• I don't know about "spiritual beliefs" but to me it seems fairly obvious that we are living in a creation with rules and purpose, and not just a random series of events. (I took a good half a centrury to get enough data to be able to make up my mind about this).

Once I had that sorted out, that I'm a created being in a created universe, and I HAVE A PLACE & A ROLE in it, (and that place is not at the very to!), life got a little easier to understand, and to be honest more interesting and less horrible and empty..

I know my place! 

As for religion, that always seems to involve men in big hats (or very little ones, depending on the religion) setting themseles up as "expert knowers of the plan" which is plainly bonkers. A mind that is capable of conjuring up all of this fantasic interlocking reality out of NOTHING AT ALL, and providing us with "Creation" is clearly too vast to comprehend to the point of irrelevance yet according to every spiritual leader I've read of, our creator really does love us, and will communicate with us directly if we try real hard to reach out, and listen. 

As far as most of we chumps are concerned that's an impossible dream or "mental illness" but for some of us, creation is awesome, we are very grateful (most of the time!) for having been created, and we are interested as far as is possible in learning the bits of the plan or rulles which affect us, and going along with it all, rather than fighting it all the time. 

• I'll happily come back as a labrador - their joy at the simple things in life and rather lazy nature would suit me down to the ground.