My experiences of my Christian faith

I have written about  my faith and I have Autism.

You can read it here.on my blog my experiences.

racheltestimony.blogspot.com/

• Really good to read that you have found the right church for you IrishInManchesterUK. I am sorry for you what you have endured as well. I went to Catholic schools growing up to 19 but I was a Christian. I now attend an Anglican church  service on Sunday at 8am but I am actually non demontional as I wrote in my testimony. The church I attend is less than five minutes from where I live which is so helpful now. We should try and not give up our personal faith for anyone, but it sure can be hard at times. I try to attend on a Wednesday at my church as well to get Holy Communion, the bread and blood of Jesus. I updated about that as well. As this service is slightly longer and more attended. I may stim discreetly in it as well. I couldn't do without my faith.

With the Bike London my 8am service is closed this week and I am looking if I can attend another service not too far hopefully where I can get the Holy Communion. I just found out about Episcopal Church's and they do Holy Communion as well. I will return to my normal church the week after.

I read as well that the Jewish Passover which is from June 11th to 13th celebrates God giving the Ten Commandments as well, so that may be a date that should be kept in mind as well.

• I was raised a Vatican II Catholic in Rural Ireland, but went away from it for some years after I came out as gay, then having endured a lot of prejudice and discrimination from within the gay community long before my later in life diagnosis, I cut all ties with and support for the gay community 18 years ago to become a Traditional (Mass in Latin) Catholic - I found that during Covid, my faith strengthened and deepened - I’ve always been “on the outside looking in” at a lot of stuff, which has enabled me to objectively and dispassionately see the truth about a lot of things going on in our world and I am more convinced than ever that our only way out of our current situation is to return to traditional values as much as possible 

• Hi everyone, just an update to say that I have made some updates to my Christian Testimony. I have added some more information and research and have added a new video and some links also. I also added a photo of my hypersensitivity scores for Autism at the bottom of my testimony.

• I agree with you life is a trial. Good to read that you're coping.

• I'm coping. That's the most important thing.

Life is a trial, but we stand before our maker.

• Thank you Desmond 79

I wanted to study Religious Studies A level but it wasn't offered. It was one of my stronger subjects at GCSE. I wanted to be a religious studies teacher at one point. My college course was diverse the religions that were covered, but I had my faith. I think sometimes lust can be taken a bit litreally when you hear of it. Hope things are going well.

• Thanks, Rachel.

I first became interested in faith at GCSE Level, thanks to my RE Teacher. At first, we thought she was mad (saying how TV was Satanic and that Sex was only for a Married Couple) but, on reflection, she was vindicated.

However, I had my struggles with lust for as long as I can remember; from 14, onwards. I was 'influenced' to be a 'New Lad' based on the music I listened to; and following football. But, now, I can see that men are supposed to take responsibility and become head of the house.

My room is a tip, and my cleaner shall come tomorrow morning. I'll probably make it up to her by hoowevering the cat litter I spilled on Friday night. I never made the time to clean it up.