Any spiritual beliefs?

I was raised christian but never really felt it, too metaphorical and poetical for my literal ass. I dont subsicribe to any religion but i like the idea of reincarnation, the idea that everyone is comprised of both a physical body and a spiritual body, like some kind of soul that can exist detached from the physical body. Reincarnation makes sense to me because many things on our earth happen in a cyclical fashion, the moon, tides, seasons ect. So its interesting to think life and death could function as a cycle as well, but i'm not sure we have much chance of getting reincarnated as human every time like a lot of people seem to think. More likely when I die ill come back as a cyanobacteria or a blob fish or something. What about u guys?

Parents
  • I don't know about "spiritual beliefs" but to me it seems fairly obvious that we are living in a creation with rules and purpose, and not just a random series of events. (I took a good half a centrury to get enough data to be able to make up my mind about this).

Once I had that sorted out, that I'm a created being in a created universe, and I HAVE A PLACE & A ROLE in it, (and that place is not at the very to!), life got a little easier to understand, and to be honest more interesting and less horrible and empty..

I know my place! 

As for religion, that always seems to involve men in big hats (or very little ones, depending on the religion) setting themseles up as "expert knowers of the plan" which is plainly bonkers. A mind that is capable of conjuring up all of this fantasic interlocking reality out of NOTHING AT ALL, and providing us with "Creation" is clearly too vast to comprehend to the point of irrelevance yet according to every spiritual leader I've read of, our creator really does love us, and will communicate with us directly if we try real hard to reach out, and listen. 

As far as most of we chumps are concerned that's an impossible dream or "mental illness" but for some of us, creation is awesome, we are very grateful (most of the time!) for having been created, and we are interested as far as is possible in learning the bits of the plan or rulles which affect us, and going along with it all, rather than fighting it all the time. 

• I don't know about "spiritual beliefs" but to me it seems fairly obvious that we are living in a creation with rules and purpose, and not just a random series of events. (I took a good half a centrury to get enough data to be able to make up my mind about this).

Once I had that sorted out, that I'm a created being in a created universe, and I HAVE A PLACE & A ROLE in it, (and that place is not at the very to!), life got a little easier to understand, and to be honest more interesting and less horrible and empty..

I know my place! 

As for religion, that always seems to involve men in big hats (or very little ones, depending on the religion) setting themseles up as "expert knowers of the plan" which is plainly bonkers. A mind that is capable of conjuring up all of this fantasic interlocking reality out of NOTHING AT ALL, and providing us with "Creation" is clearly too vast to comprehend to the point of irrelevance yet according to every spiritual leader I've read of, our creator really does love us, and will communicate with us directly if we try real hard to reach out, and listen. 

As far as most of we chumps are concerned that's an impossible dream or "mental illness" but for some of us, creation is awesome, we are very grateful (most of the time!) for having been created, and we are interested as far as is possible in learning the bits of the plan or rulles which affect us, and going along with it all, rather than fighting it all the time. 

Children
No Data