Medicinal smoking...

Cannabis... Some do, some don't... I used to, but am really quite pleased with myself! Attempt 1.3m is now my longest period of cessation in about 3 or 4 years. Just a reminder... don't limit your resolve to NYE, you can make changes anytime. But make them for the right reason! :-)

• I don't use alcohol and drugs anymore as i have an addictive personality.  But i've been thinking about dipping my toe back into the Green scene.  Sober living is unbearable for me at times.

• I know this thread is pretty old, but I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for sharing your experience. I used to smoke cigarettes and have been trying to quit for a while now. I've been curious about trying cannabis oils or edibles as an alternative but haven't had the chance to explore them yet. By the way, have you heard of [removed by mod] I've been using them as a way to curb my cravings, and so far, they seem to be helping. They come in different flavors and are really easy to use. Anyway, thanks again for sharing your story, and I hope you're doing well!

• its the only thing that works for me and my and my lungs are ruined from smoking tac back in the day. 

• Cannabis therapy is not bad, but if only this is a recommendation incoming from your doctor, in some cases, cannabis can cause panic attacks and impairment in the common situation. I started smoking cannabis to deal with my anxiety when I was 20 years old. For the next 10 years, I smoked around 1 pack of cigarettes per day. I was trying to quit smoking but never succeeded and consistently backed to smoking after 6 months. I already don't use any cannabis-related products, but I have a vape bought at liberty-flights with [removed by moderator]

• Totally right, and that's why I'm happy that my child doesn't use it.

• Your reply strikes at the core of my dissatisfaction with "weed" as it is nowadays. In the eighties when I started and up until 2011 I used to smoke hashish. I found that whilst I could lapse into similar behaviour to that which you describe, it was optional. The new minimum 15% THC and none heat "annealed" raw green stuff is a completely different and less pleasant (if you ask me) deal. 

Sadly, hashish has become quite rare these days. I only get to smoke it either when someone buys me a bit off the darkweb, or if someone gives my their surplus greenery and I make a bit myself.

• Licencing: The ability to pay someone else for what you used to be able to do without payment.

A form of state extortion wearing a false mask of utility. There's a lot of those... 

The sort of people who are attracted to "govern" are very good at turning a "Right" into a paid for "Priviledge". I.E. an income stream for (((them))).

• I'm sure that can be either a cause or an effect of overconsumption. A large dose of cannabis on an inexperienced user is contraindicated.

• Plinky, I'd like to offer my own alternative understanding of what a whitey is. Alcohol has rarely (if at all) been involved in the few I've personally experienced.

I believe the whiteness and lightheaded nausea is actually caused by an abrupt lowering of blood pressure which is reputed to accompany cannabis use. (And probably why I always "ace" blood pressure tests)

• Yup.  Alcohol was freely flowing too and I had no idea what I was doing or what it was called.  Now that I'm using measured doses I do occasionally use alongside, say, a couple of glasses of wine and to good effect.  The wine seems to intensify the effects of the oil so I need very little.  But these days I'm very moderate and careful - no more than 1/10 ml of THC oil if I'm having wine.  I really feel as though I'm "looking over a four leaf clover I overlooked before" (as the song goes).  

Mind you, I'm only been experimenting with it for a couple of years, so I can't claim to be very experienced and who knows what the longer term will bring.  

• instant surge of extreme nausea and an immediate dash to the loo

Usually happens if you mix it with alcohol, it's called a 'whitey' as your body goes into shock trying to deal with multiple intoxicants too fast. It shuts you down so you can't poison yourself more.

• Interesting to note everyone's different experiences.  I've never felt able to smoke as, from the earliest days when i was trying to fit in with my peer group at school, it just made me turn green and vomit.  Then, when I tried smoking weed at university, I felt really, really ill - instant surge of extreme nausea and an immediate dash to the loo needed.

Imagine my surprise then, much later on in life, when I discovered that cannabis oils and edibles really help me.  The effects seem very different to me, although in my youth I admit I wasn't paying any attention to dosage or method of imbibing, I was just going with the crowd (and failing, badly).  

So, whilst I'd encourage anyone to give up smoking, I'm still very keen on edibles and to me they've proved more beneficial than any of the drugs I've tried in the past (incl. SSRIs, betablockers, OTC meds, alternative remedies and self medicating with alcohol).  I'm now using one of the many cannabis clinics around so my dosage is monitored and standardised.  Not sure what my GP and consultant will make of it though, when I eventually get to see them that is.       

• The Hogsback layby is a suburb???

• Ahhh... hence the location.... he says from the 'house party' capital... so I've heard... I was never invited Laughing 

• When there is more than one gay?

• lol well I clasify where I live as suburb's even though it was originally a village but since the new housing estate went up its feeling more like suburbs than the village since there's like 4 housing estates within the village. So it's like when can you stop refering it to a village if you get me 

• Being stuck in the suburbs is a dull predictable life.

We had to move to the countryside because the suburban swinging parties were too exhausting. 

• Welcome to the real world that just the joys of autism lack of stimulation from boring day to day life haha why I'm saving to go traveling as the only time I'm happy or stimulated is when I'm up a mountain or some where adventures. Being stuck in the suburbs is a dull predictable life.

• Yeah quiting ciggertes is damn hard I've just accepted it's Gona kill me one day and made peace with it. Unless the can produce an affective anxiety medication for autism that isn't an anti phycotic I don't intend to give up any time soon either