Medicinal smoking...

Cannabis... Some do, some don't... I used to, but am really quite pleased with myself! Attempt 1.3m is now my longest period of cessation in about 3 or 4 years. Just a reminder... don't limit your resolve to NYE, you can make changes anytime. But make them for the right reason! :-)

Parents
  • I try and quit dope for at least three weeks once a year. Last time I tried dumping teh tobacco I was using a lot of rolling tobacco and experienced unpleasant and scary withdawal. I've weaned myself down to a £5 packet of fags every three days so far, and am fixing to have another go soon.

I'll not quit the weed, just move to a pipe or edibles as I do whenever I get off the tobacco. I'm less "troublesome" when I smoke weed, but I'm not running a raging habit to be fair, a stable forty quid a week, although since my C.A.B. finance advisor suggested I grow my own(!) that seems to have the potential to fall to £zero if I ever get my act together..

It's not for everyone, but it does work for me WAY better than acohol as a recreational substance, and I derive certain concrete benefits from it as far as MY particular psychology goes. The point of stopping occasionally for me, is to test if that is still true...

But kudos to you for taking action to get the result you want. I confirm that after a few months off the tobacco, you will start to cough up a lot of interesting looking crap, and your fitness does definitely improve quite dramatically. I consider my relapses when they have occurred to be the most insane things I've ever done. And decoupling dope use from tobacco use, tends to make that habit more economical too, because the tobacco hit is shorter than the dope hit, one can end up topping off one's THC levels earlier than is perhaps optimal.. 

• I try and quit dope for at least three weeks once a year. Last time I tried dumping teh tobacco I was using a lot of rolling tobacco and experienced unpleasant and scary withdawal. I've weaned myself down to a £5 packet of fags every three days so far, and am fixing to have another go soon.

I'll not quit the weed, just move to a pipe or edibles as I do whenever I get off the tobacco. I'm less "troublesome" when I smoke weed, but I'm not running a raging habit to be fair, a stable forty quid a week, although since my C.A.B. finance advisor suggested I grow my own(!) that seems to have the potential to fall to £zero if I ever get my act together..

It's not for everyone, but it does work for me WAY better than acohol as a recreational substance, and I derive certain concrete benefits from it as far as MY particular psychology goes. The point of stopping occasionally for me, is to test if that is still true...

But kudos to you for taking action to get the result you want. I confirm that after a few months off the tobacco, you will start to cough up a lot of interesting looking crap, and your fitness does definitely improve quite dramatically. I consider my relapses when they have occurred to be the most insane things I've ever done. And decoupling dope use from tobacco use, tends to make that habit more economical too, because the tobacco hit is shorter than the dope hit, one can end up topping off one's THC levels earlier than is perhaps optimal.. 

Children
  • Yeah quiting ciggertes is damn hard I've just accepted it's Gona kill me one day and made peace with it. Unless the can produce an affective anxiety medication for autism that isn't an anti phycotic I don't intend to give up any time soon either 

• It's when DWP get wind of CABS idea and suggest you become self employed... Laughing 

• I've been trying to give up for a while, as I was honest with the DVLA 18mths ago... I've been desperate to get my license back though, but have really really struggled. I used to enjoy a smoke, and know what you mean about benefits and being less "troublesome" as it did tend to chill me out and it was that feeling that kept me smoking. I haven't even started on tobacco yet. As last time I managed to get past 2 weeks with weed... I thought, this is going well, I can do anything... tried to give up tobacco and ended up back on both. Also agree that it's totally different for different peeps I was at a stage where I was spending a LOT on it. This year had been a pretty stable £300-£400 a month... Last July... it was double that, and I was on a totally unaffordable path! Love CABs advice it's very... CAB! Laughing