Young Autistic adult terrified help!

I am feeling really really scared and terrified right now, I am scared of world war 3, its panicking me, I am being scared of being called into the miltary, I can't deal with people shouting at me, or the noises, I feel physically sick! Oh no, terrified, I really I am, its affecting my entire life this, I also have dyspraxia, ADHD too, Im really scared right now, will we have to get called up? Im scared

• As far as I’m aware if you have a disability you can’t even be considered when it comes to sign up they won’t even have people with skin conditions so I would try not to panic Slight smile

• There reasion why I didn't watch daily Covid thing (as like call it:- Bring on the Clowns show)

Have a look at Ukraine, most people still there are not taking part in the live battle as per say. The same thing happened in the UK during WW2. So there will be things where people are needed away from the battle. The people taking part in the battle really depend upon the most of all is those who are not taking part in the battle.

• more likely we'd get drafted into non militery service roles.

• lol they would probably dismiss us on medical grounds or put us in the kitchen peeling potatoes

• I just want to avoid the news as much as I can, usually nothing but bad news, these days that are reported.

• Thanks for that, makes me feel a little, better, I tend to overthink everything, i seem to make things worse than they actually are

• Thanks made me feel a little better, just wrong anyone has to scaremonger anyone.

• I do understand your fears and feel very much the same. I lived through the Cold War and thought we were over a potential nuclear war. Mainstream media tend to over report such things. I prefer to read more balanced articles from Novara Media. I am also a member of CND so find that helps me stay positive. Of course, there are politicians who like to huff and puff but there have always been more calmer minds behind the scenes.

• In the UK currently the army air force and to a lesser degree the navy refuse to except autistic people as applicants. In the event of a war conscription is very unlikely, but if it was conscription it’s very likely that the exclusion criteria would remain the same and autistic people would not be conscripted.

• It is just members of the upper echelons of the military trying to drum up more money to expand the army by scare mongering. The idea that the Russian army is in any fit state to take on more commitments is ludicrous. They have lost so many men and so much  equipment in Ukraine that they are incapable of taking on anything else.

• An inspiring quote for you:

"Most neuroses and some psychoses can be traced to the unnecessary and unhealthy habit of daily wallowing in the troubles and sins of five billion strangers."
    Robert A. Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land"

• Ah thanks makes, me feel a little better 

• https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/24/army-chief-says-people-of-uk-are-prewar-generation-who-must-be-ready-to-fight-russia

"Rishi Sunak’s spokesperson said the prime minister did not agree with comments made by Gen Sir Patrick Sanders in a speech on Wednesday, and was forced to insist there would be no return to national service, which was abolished in 1960."

• You're right, just find it difficult for me to not to get into that trap, tried some new strategies thank to people above, to try and stop me overthinking and worrying about the future. Thanks

• I think you're getting way too ahead of yourself here mate. It's best to focus on the here and now rather than speculating what may not be. It's never good when politicians start sticking their chests out, but just chill out and not read into the news too much. I don't. 

• Where did the government say that, I couldn't find an article to say that,

• There's literally one person who's suggested bringing back conscription and that was followed shortly by the MoD, current government and next government all issuing statements that it is absolutely not happening. 

He wants more funding for the military and the best way to get that is to act like a boost in army money is the only thing standing between Putin and annexing London, even if that's a ludicrous idea. 

• Thanks, I've installed all of those, the comments section blocker will really help on news sites and social media and stops me from seeing hate and things that make me worry.  Always had adblocker anyway, and unhook will help youtube to stop recommeding me videos

• ''Element Blocker'' also works by stopping things like, for example, 'news' keyword showing up at all, so you can't even try to click on it.

"Shut up: Comment Blocker" works by stopping you from being able to read comments and you can choose to unblock it for a single page by clicking on it.

"Unhook - Remove Youtube Recommended Videos" and "Sponser Block for YouTube" provides a range of block things that could cause you spiral on youtube

"Adblocker Ultimate" is just generally a good ad on to have as it makes webpages easier to read.

[Page Break]

Do you like the Harry Potter series? If you do, the following quote by Newt Scamander (by JK Rowling) really helped ...

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffter twice."

It basically means that no one person can control what is going to happen to the world, but if we worry about it then we don't get to live whilst we can.

• I try not too, Ive got an internet blocker, that blocks specific keywords, that stops me for looking about that news buts its really difficult to stop thinking about it, i got triggered when my brother mentioned it before. Perhaps I overthink this, with a lot of other things