What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

• What I like about astronomy is the marrying up of large with small. Talking in light years and also quantum physics.

• Same. I either wish I was around in the 70s or that Id been old enough to enjoy the 90s. Nothing much in the modern era appeals to me, there seems to be very little value or meaning in most of it

• Me too. I feel I was born into the wrong era.

• I would have loved to be alive in the 70s for so many reasons, the music, the fashion, movies, TV shows, cheap football, pubs and food. No social media

• Just seen your message. Same, I loved Roger Moore and Sean Connery the best. Whats your favourite Bond film? mine is either Man with the Golden Gun or Spy who Loved me.  

I like Hugh Grant, especailly as the Prime Minister in Love Actually, I think hes fantastic in that

I love Life On Mars, I always related to John Simm's character in that show and it brought me a lot of comfort, I always related to the idea of being out of time and not fitting in with the world around you. I didnt know I was autistic back then when I first watched it but now I do it makes sense. 

• I got it off cylocybe. I remember you said on a previous post you had grown lions mane.I'd like to try growing oyster. The pink ones. Did you do everything from scratch or use kits? There's so much info out there if you go DIY....it's mind boggling. I bought merlin sheldrakes book a few years ago but still haven't read it.

• I love cooking, it really relaxes me. Whats your favourite thing to cook? I also love steam trains, used to go to so many steam railways when I was little. 
    Whats your favourite singer. Its nice that you still collect CDs, I used to love spending hours looking in CD shops, it was so peaceful. Sadly most of them are closed now

• Oh cool, i grow a few gourmets like Oysters, shiitake, lions mane.....some others.  Not too successful with gourmet mushrooms.....but i enjoy the process.  What kit did you buy?

• Psychedelics, mental health, autism, "armchair" psychology & cosmology, paranormal,  meaning of life! I wax and wane mainly between these. What mushrooms are you growing? I have just started today with a grow kit. I tried to do it myself earlier this year with homemade substrate etc but the results weren't great.

I tend to find my own way through my interests on a journey of self discovery then my friends will tell me how it's "trendy" or "in vogue" but I have no concept of this as I'm just following my own interests. 

• Hi there at the moment I am becoming more fascinated by textiles. Just looking at the designs, patterns and colours on them. I visit charity shops to look at the rows of clothes and designs on them and ask if I can take photos of them.  Today I stood looking at an Indian textile shop. To me it is high art. I love cloth. In the past I have studied, Biomedical sciences, psychotherapy, electronics, computing, graphic design, microscopy, astronomy, maths philosophy. Now I am doing a craft class and love sewing. I am making a broach. Lol!

• I love your special interests Former Member both sound exciting and fun. I would love to give both a try as well.

• Music - my main special interest. I love music and dance, since I was really little I used to rock on the floor to music and tried to dance. I love listening to music, watching dancing and am inspired by both and love to research it and study it. I taught myself to sing and dance and I like to collect records, CDs and tapes as well as music memorabilia.
    • Vehicles - another big special interest for me is vehicles specifically trains and ships especially the older ones. I love how they look, how they sound and how they operate. I love to study them and find out every fact and detail on how they operate. I have an interest in cars with this as well but not as much as trains and ships.
    • Cooking and baking - my other big interest is in the kitchen and I simply love this, diving into cookbooks and exploring new recipes for simple and challenging meals. I love to cook, I love the smell of most foods and I love to study other cooks and recipes and put my own spin on things. I also love collecting cooking related things and using them with my projects in the kitchen.

Just a few of my special interests Slight smile

• I collect girl guide badges.

• Interesting!  Had never heard of it.....no one can hear you scream....

• The boötes void facinates me.  Very weird

• Joy I am glad to have been of assistance

• Either way he picked a cool name, you have a cool name, well done everyone , I am sure I will stop typing sometime

Lmao this made me laugh so much I spit out my drink and my little girl asked what was so funny xD

• Yeah I think I read that his choice for the surname Bowie was after the Bowie knife, as he wanted it to reflect his different sides, as he mistakenly thought that a Bowie knife was double edged or something along those lines! Either way he picked a cool name, you have a cool name, well done everyone , I am sure I will stop typing sometime Sweat smile

• Thanks Grin Interesting his real name was Jones I didn't know that.

• ..plus his real surname was Jones...so maybe you are luckier to have the surname he wanted to have?

• Mine have been/are: Stargate SG-1 (this is like my forever one and one that since it became an interest never went away, I doubt it will, it has been about 20 years now!), Flowers & plants and their identification, animals and insects, specifically moths at the moment and collecting seaglass (I don't know if the collecting is a special interest as I don't 'find out' much about it, but do it for hours and hours and hours, in any weather if very focused on it until made to come in)